[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are thousands of women who use linux unironically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: 1398734935449.jpg (183 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
1398734935449.jpg
183 KB, 425x282

>some even develop kernels, programs to various distros, donate money and contribute to the community

>in fact, there are women on in this board right now

How does this make you feel /g/?
>>
>>51929161
they're playing flappy bird, you idiot
>>
The only contribution women make to the open-source community is writing code of conducts.
>>
>>51929172
>>51929193
lies and sexism
>>
Only if you count android as the linux kernel.
Same way they count mobile shit like angry birds to prove OVER 50% GRLS ARE GAMERS TOO YOU KNOW because they played Angry Birds in their cellphone sometimes this month
>>
>>51929161
>How does this make you feel /g/?
aroused.
>>
>>
literally could not give less of a shit
>>
>>51929161
>tfw no foss gf
>>
woman here, kill yourself my man
>>
>tfw my oneitis rices arch during class
>tfw no i3 using, gtk theme making gf
>>
>>51929161
>>in fact, there are women on in this board right now
>>
>>51929161
Anything you can do, I must do better... but if I fail you are a misogynist
>>
Since when did people give a shit about their partners working in the same profession as them?
>>
>200+ lbs
>>
>>51929161
A-are they cute girls?
>>
>>51929161
I had to work with a woman on a programming project once.

I ended up doing it myself and had her play some games.

Is it my fault that I'm having this view on woman or theirs? Apparently it's mine, but it ain't make no sense nigga.
>>
>android is a distribution
>there probably has been a woman who has written at least one line of code for the Linux kernel
>if programs to various distros includes android apps sure
>I'm sure a woman has donated one dollar to a Linux project
>a woman has shitposted before so that's a contribution
>probably some ugly autistic femanons around

Nice vague statements. I feel ambivalent
>>
>>51930213
>generalizing a group of people based off one experience
It's your fault, senpai. You should only generalize shitskins
>>
>>51929161
The fucking screen is not even turned on, and this somehow still doesn't strike me as particularly strange, since women are fucking retarded, and I can totally imagine them laughing and pointing at a laptop that is turned off.
>>
File: 4L_jpdhpVdS.jpg (502 KB, 601x900) Image search: [Google]
4L_jpdhpVdS.jpg
502 KB, 601x900
>>51929161
There's room for women in technology, we will always need female secretaries and women to manage social media accounts.

Plus now with the trans meme we have the opportunity to fill sjw quotas with XY chromosome "women".

>cis XX women thinking they will ever be programmer of the year
>>
File: 4L_AzG8TWIg.jpg (36 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
4L_AzG8TWIg.jpg
36 KB, 250x250
>>51930213
I wonder how many "women coders" are getting paid to do this at real companies? They get hired but are inferior to their male coworkers and end up having to do busy work while the men actually get things done for them. How many of you autists will continue to do a female's homework for them when u enter the work force?
>>
I don't really care about gender when it comes to coding and such. But it's nice to know that there are women with similar interests to mine.
>>
>>51929161
That's cool. I gues I have to start giving women the benefit of doubt now.
>>
>>51930857
Dear lord that reminds me of that misnamed show "girls can code" tat show just bugs me man
0 coding
should be called normies can tech startup
also of course girls can code
>>
So? Already know a few qts broswe desktop threads.
>>
that's me yep. not involved in linux dev tho, but i do make open source tools.

most people treat me like a normal human being. only bad experience was a neckbeard java lecturer that would stop class to hit on me (i was the only one of 4 girls in my class that sat near the front).

let's all be friends
>>
>>51932916

how normal are you though be honest

everybody here is at least a good %25 autist
>>
>>51933372
light aspie. i like order and plans and organizing things by color. i've only riced one of my devices.
>>
>>51932916
Cool, post feet.
>>
>>51932916
>>51933565
if i can pontificate a bit, for your edification, one of the rules of the internet is "there are no girls on the internet". This rule does not mean what you think it means.

In real life, people like you for being a girl. They want to fuck you, so they pay attention to you and they pretend what you have to say is interesting, or that you are smart or clever. On the internet, we don't have the chance to fuck you. This means the advantage of being a "girl" does not exist. You don't get a bonus to conversation just because I'd like to put my cock in you.

When you make a post like, "hurr durr, I'm a girl" you are begging for attention. The only reason to post it is because you want your girl-advantage back, because you are too vapid and too stupid to do or say anything interesting without it. You are forgetting the rules, there are no girls on the internet.

The one exception to this rule, the one way you can get your "girlness" back on the internet, is to post your tits. This is, and should be, degrading for you, an admission that the only interesting thing about you is your naked body.

tl;dr: tits or GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>51929161
>>there are thousands of women who use linux unironically
Sure, no problem with that.
>>some even develop kernels
Yeah no i seriously doubt this.
>programs to various distros
If you consider various JS web apps as "programs to various distros" sure whatever.
>donate money
About the only thing they can actually contribute.
>and contribute to the community
lol
>>in fact, there are women on in this board right now
No there aren't.

Fuck off tumblr.
>>
>>51929161
>women doing normal things
>how does this make you feel
So, OP, should I be outraged or something?
>>
There are tonnes of girls in CS, just not very many.
>>
>>51929161
whatever. no girls/women in intarwebs. tits or gtfo.
>>
>>51929161
>there are millions of men who use linux unironically

>some even develop processors, car software, earn money and contribute to the community by paying a LOT of tax

>in fact, there are men on in this board right now
>>
>>51929161

never before has there been such a [citation needed]
>>
>women

You mean men in denial.
>>
This whole thread is pointless because nothing matters except the quality of the code not who wrote it or how politically correct it is. Political correctness can and does make the code worse. Example: Swift changing thread manager terminology from master&slave to leader&follower.
>>
>underneath their clothes, all women are naked
how does this make you feel?
>>
>>51929161
Why are they laughing at a blank computer screen? BTW I'm a cat.
>>
>>51929161
>female
enjoy your botnet, I'm off this board
>>
they may be woman, but they'll never be little girls
>>
>>51935124
>BTW I'm a cat.
PAWS OR GTFO
>>
>>51929161
Erect.
>>
>>51935124
It's a TN panel...
>>
>>51929161
>>some even develop kernels
Seriously, how many fucking women are there on the planet that have ever developed a kernel? I can probably count them on one fucking hand.
>>
It doesn't matter.
Nothing changes for me
>>
>>51932916
>lecturer that would stop class to hit on me
You'll get that in every line of work and from both genders. There are some people who just can not separate work and personal lives.

I've had to tell one of my superiors, a very attractive woman in her 30s with a husband and kids, that I didn't want to sleep with her after she had been getting increasingly blatant with some "signals" I was ignoring. Company parties are just a mess.
>>
>>51935309
TN panels don't become black at extreme angles.
>>
>>51929193
There are perfectly good coders out there.
And they consist of both women and men.
>>
>>51929161
They're just as autistic, fat, and hairy as the men in this niche.
Mostly disgusted.
>>
>>51929161
I have seen many (or at least a few) women smarter than me and it does not bother me.

If they are better then i do not mind learning, a competent person man or woman is worthy of my respect.
>>
Pretty sure the women "working" on open source are all hamplanet SJWs who care more about muh code of conduct than actual code.
>>
>>51929987
Traps are not woman, faggot
>>
>>51929161
Post commit link faggot
>>
>>51929161
Every girl is a FBI agent in disguise.
Every girl on internet is actually man.
Op It's been over 10 years and you still can't comprehend that?
You should kill yourself.
>>
>>51929161

Great , I cherish women.
>>
>>51929987
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>51929161
Makes me feel like someone is trying to make women sound impressive by stringing together words they don't understand.
>>
>>51934883
stfu
>>
>>51929161

I do not give a shit.
>>
File: 5c5.jpg (31 KB, 465x455) Image search: [Google]
5c5.jpg
31 KB, 465x455
>>51929161
>>
>>51929161
That laptop isn't even turned on.
>>
>>51929161
TITS OR GTFO
>>
>>51930156
rt
>>
They will never be my gf so I dont care
>>
>>51938006
exactly why they're having so much fun with it
>>
>>51938006
It gets too confusing for them otherwise
>>
changing the words master/slave to something else does not make you a programmer
>>
File: 606259085.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
606259085.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>51930765
That hoe is disgusting
>>
It makes me impartial.

Who the fuck cares? You can't wiggle your tits on the internet, it's a meritocracy.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.