[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vim thread. Which plugins do you use, /g/ ? Here's my list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Vimlogo.png (636 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Vimlogo.png
636 KB, 5000x5000
Vim thread.
Which plugins do you use, /g/ ?
Here's my list :
Pathogen - Runtime Path Management for easy Plugin Installs
AutoComplPop - Autocompletion Popup is shown as soon as there are completion options available
Ctrlp.vim - Easily open file by typing half of their name thanks to fuzzy completion
Gitignore - Ignores everything ignored by your .gitignore file when completing filenames with wildmenu
Recover.vim - Adds a "diff" option to the nagging screen that is shown when you try to edit a file that already has a swp file. If there's no difference between the swp and the file you're trying to edit, it automatically removes the swp
ShowTrailingWhiteSpace - The name says it all
Syntastic - Shows compiler error/warning right into the source code
Undotree - Allows graphical navigation of the undo/redoo tree. Better than Gundo.
vim-closer - Automatically close braces
vim-commentary - Easily comment stuff using 'gc'
vim-css-colors - Highlights CSS colors with the corresponding color (for example, #FFFFFF will have a white background)
vim-gitgutter - Shows added/removed/modified status of lines next to the "number" gutter
vim-sleuth - Automatically guess and set indentation rules depending on the rules of the current project
vim-startify - A nice and efficient starting screen

Your turn, /g/.
>>
The superior Vim user doesn't install or need plugins.
>>
Nothing, I prefer my shit to be portable.
>>
>>51928398
Writing tons of vimscript by yourself is still using plugins.
>>
>>51928415
Having your vimrc on a git repository somewhere and/or a USB drive is quite portable.
>>
>>51928434
Yes, I have a custom .vimrc (that I can redo from memory) in my Linux config repo. OP asked about plugins, though.
>>
>>51928448
Plugins are just vimscript files sitting in a directory next to your vimrc, they're as portable as your vimrc.
>>
>>51928387
>using an non-free editor
Emacs master race.
>>
>>51928470
>Vim
>Nonfree
Stallman disagrees with you.
>>
>>51928470
You are objectively wrong.
>>
>>51928470
>>Non-free
>>Vim
I use Emacs more than I use Vim and I still know that's bullshit
>>
>>51928470
>>51929228
I haven't used Emacs before, how powerful is Emacs' configurability in Lisp?

I like Vim for its keybindings, mappings and commands, but the configuration syntax in Vim is just plain shit.
>>
>>51929367
There's
(setq varname value)
and
(let varname val)
and
(set varname val)
. Ain't worse that vim's
set varname
and
let varname = x
>>
>>51928387
Vundle
ctrlp
nerdtree
nerdtree-tabs
vimux
fugitive
commentary
powerline
syntastic
SimplyFold
YouCompleteMe
show-whitespace
jedi
identpython
flake8
surround
emmet
supertab
snipmate
>>
>>51929367
>I haven't used Emacs before, how powerful is Emacs' configurability in Lisp?
you can configure a lot more about the whole program, not just the editor, and it's way easier to do so, without fucking retarded vimscript.
Give a try to Spacemacs if you want.

>>51929492
that's an anecdotal example

on the topic:
NeoBundleFetch 'Shougo/neobundle.vim'
NeoBundle 'Shougo/neocomplete.vim'
NeoBundle 'Shougo/neosnippet.vim'
NeoBundle 'Shougo/neosnippet-snippets'
NeoBundle 'bling/vim-airline'
NeoBundle 'bling/vim-bufferline'
NeoBundle 'Lokaltog/vim-easymotion'
NeoBundle 'tpope/vim-commentary'
NeoBundle 'tpope/vim-repeat'
NeoBundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
NeoBundle 'myusuf3/numbers.vim'
NeoBundle 'Townk/vim-autoclose'
NeoBundle 'derekwyatt/vim-protodef'
NeoBundle 'derekwyatt/vim-fswitch'
NeoBundle 'kovisoft/slimv'
NeoBundle 'kien/rainbow_parentheses.vim'
NeoBundle 'wlangstroth/vim-racket'
NeoBundle 'majutsushi/tagbar'
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.