[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How people those days get their pc infected? When you write
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1450398600231.webm (752 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450398600231.webm
752 KB, 480x480
How people those days get their pc infected?

When you write simple trojan that is not visible for avergange antivirus and you want to deploy it.

In the era of win10 and UAC is it even possible?

Did any of you get infected by any shit in last 5 years?
>>
Most people aren't using UAC properly so it doesn't do shit

If you are using an admin account day-to-day it's worthless
>>
>>51927514
these days if you get infected it would be some semi advanced botnet with a UAC bypass
which is quite common since no one updates windows and some people are still running old versions of XP at workplaces
and if you are infected it will probably run in background and hide from the user
>>
>>51927528
also this
>>
File: 1449973049756.jpg (215 KB, 1264x1460) Image search: [Google]
1449973049756.jpg
215 KB, 1264x1460
>>51927528
Even with admin acc you will get asked about permission to install software
>>
Last time I got hit with a virus was a Java vulnerability. Disabled Java after that and haven't had a virus in years, don't even have a virus protector anymore.
>>
>>51927557
It's trivially bypassed if you are on an admin account

https://www.avecto.com/media/1030/report-microsoft-vulnerability-study.pdf

>Of the 147 vulnerabilities published by Microsoft in 2013 with a Critical rating, 92% were concluded to be mitigated by removing administrator rights
>>
>>51927581
i can never understand the people that have no anti-virus because "im smart and know not to get a virus"
you could literally be infected by any file you download and your leaving your computer completely open to a virus attack
>>
>>51927557
but admins get more rights then normal users and using an admin account just makes it easier for someone to infect you
>>
>>51927514
People are stupid

/thread
>>
>>51927607
see
>>51927641
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.