[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mouse thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: KB036ZW_120099_800x800.jpg (37 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
KB036ZW_120099_800x800.jpg
37 KB, 800x800
>ctrl+f
>no mouse thread

Just bought a Zowie FK2, /g/ how'd I do? Should I have gotten the FK1? So far I like it, it's much lighter than I'm used to (used both the M65 and G502 with all possible weights used) but I got fed up having to use the driver utility with my Logitech G502. I read good things about Zowie so figured it'd be worth a try.

Pic related.

My mouse progression went:
>Microsoft IntelliMouse
>Corsair Vengeance M65
>Logitech G502
>Zowie FK2 (current)
>>
I bought an M65 Rgb from Corsair

>im a corsair fag
>>
>>51924258
Is that the trampstamp one? I think they got rid of that on the latest iteration of the M65, I just picked mine up at MicroCenter today and saw a new looking version of the M65 which made me glad cause I liked the original. Nothing was wrong with the M65 I just like trying out different things, though mine was the first gen/original model with no lights or anything and the logo/text all on the back part.
>>
>>51924166
Stole a WMO from one of my IT junk drawers and runs actually pretty well. Just had to over clock polling rate and fix mouse acceleration.
>>
My current mice list:

G402
G502
FK2
Cougar 300M
Deathadder Chroma
CM Sentinel III

Currently i like the Sentinel the most.
-Good shape
-3988 Sensor
-105 granm without weights
>>
How's the Logitech G502?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1920x1080
>>51924166
Zowie makes Hella good mice. Just ordered the EC2-A. Can't wait till it shows up.
>>
>>51924729
Dude wait for the omron refresh
>>
What's the best mouse for actually getting shit done that won't get me beaten up by my colleagues?
>>
>>51924725
I used mine for a good while and I bought the FK2 not because the 502 was bad but I just like trying different things and the FK2 looked good.

You can really adjust the weights and where you want them to be, the driver lets you do some cool stuff but does not run until you logon to Windows so your sensitivity will change probably. It has the appropriate amount of buttons for me and the fit is asymmetrical.

Unless something has changed it also has the highest possible DPI on the market IIRC. Not that you'll ever need it but it is pretty high.

Long term use shows the scroll wheel getting a bit loose for me, but only because I frequently use the "clicky/rolly" toggle button to change from a sequential wheel to a smooth scroll. Smooth scrolling mode produces nearly no friction and remains rolling for quite long, useful for scrolling very long documents or web pages but since there is no real resistance you probably cannot use it in games very easily as you'll likely over or under shoot your scrolling target.

It's a great mouse with a lot of neat customization options on the weight front but it's not the best mouse, but then again there is no best mouse. It depends on what you need. If you want a heavy mouse this would be good, and it fits well in my average-size hand.

In my opinion it is definitely one of the best mice on the market right now.
>>
>>51925113
depends on your needs.

i work at an office doing office stuff and we have "design" teams that use "gaming" mice with the 20 buttons on the side. they use them as shortcuts for photoshop/illustrator/indesign/etc. and from what i can tell they work quite well.
>>
>>51925113
Depends on what you're doing, the Zowie FK2 looks extremely inconspicuous and no-bullshit which I find pretty good about mice.

Other than that just some generic Logitech or Microsoft mice would do you fine...I mean..Are there specific things you're looking for? What is "getting shit done"?
>>
>>51925158
>>51925181
I mostly use my mouse for scrolling desu. I use a Lenovo mouse which is the biggest piece of shit in the known universe. Weighs like a gram, yet the cable is super heavy, so the cursor flies to the edge of the screen as soon as I take my hand off it. Also there's no correlation between scrollwheel clicks and actual scrolling.
>>
File: IMG_20151218_013245278.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_013245278.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
Who /11 year old mouse/ here
>>
>>51925136
Shit. One more thing to mention about the 502 which you may or may not experience is that the main mouse buttons (M1 and M2) over-hang the front by a significant amount as part of the design and they are also not very hard to press at all, in fact they are one of the lighter sensitivity buttons I have felt. With the way I prefer to grip which is with my palm, combined with the way I usually click, I found myself often times accidentally clicking the buttons while moving the mouse around which occasionally got annoying and on rare occasion turned into someone in MWO getting an AC20 in the back on accident.

In other light my girlfriend is using the Thermaltake Level 10M and claims to love it. When I have used it she has the sensitivity extremely high and it feels very unnatural to use in my opinion. It also has different sized left and right clicks which I found weird, and the DPI adjust is done with a sort of hat switch thing on the side which is exactly where my thumb rests, so I am constantly hitting it by accident, as well as other buttons that are right where my fingers want to be, and I just cannot get used to it. Other than the looks, which are kinda neat, I hate that mouse but she seems to love it. Build quality is OK on it and the scroll wheel is actually not too bad but the rest is just OK

So from what I've used:
-Microsoft IntelliMouse: Good
-Corsair M65 Gen1: Excellent
-Logitech G502: Great
-Thermaltake Level10M: OK at best
-Zowie FK2: So far so good, clicks much better than G502 IMO
>>
File: IMAG0654[1].jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0654[1].jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>51925265
Actually, sorry guys it wasn't a MS IntelliMouse, it was a Comfort Optical Mouse 200 which was still a great unit while I used it.

I forgot I also have some IBM one I never use and a wireless Logitech trackball I never EVER use cause I hate trackballs.

Pic related is all the mice I own currently.

IBM says it's a MO28UO...I think we also have some ball mice downstairs but those aren't mine they're my parents and haven't been touched in years.
>>
>>51924166
My EC2-A has been great as a MX518 replacement so far. Hate the LED though, but there's an easy fix for that.
>>
File: 461712-logitech-mx-master.jpg (17 KB, 333x245) Image search: [Google]
461712-logitech-mx-master.jpg
17 KB, 333x245
>>51924166
No mx master?
>>
>>51924166
I have an og fk. I think I actually prefer the bumblebee look.
>>
Sup. I want a mouse for my almost-fingertip/lazy-claw grip. G303 looks like it has everything I want but people on the internet are saying that it literally causes their wrists to explode.

Anyone have one? Is it that bad?
>>
How do you guys feel about the Naos 7000? Heard it's really comfortable
>>
File: index.jpg (59 KB, 1545x869) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
59 KB, 1545x869
>>51924711
Also have a WMO. Got some guntape and applied it to both sides for grip. 10/10 now
>>
>>51924166
zowie just got purchased by Benq, they are changing all the colors from yellow to red
>>
>>51925810
>yello on black
You know what's good, my fellow patrician.
>>
>>51926231
where do you buy those?
>>
>>51926493

If you mean a MS Wheel Mouse Optical, check ebay. I got mine, brand new condition, for $8. Shipped.
>>
>>51926550
this. got mine for 6$ shipped
>>
>>51924717
>CM Sentinel III
how much was it?
>>
>>51926037
Just get one locally and don't try super hard to like it, you can return it if its not comfy.
>>
>>51927100
I guess so. Ausfag price gouging means it's almost double the price from a store then it would be online. Maybe I'll buy it, try it, then return it regardless and I'll buy it again online if I like it.
>>
>>51925201
If you only need a mouse for that, pretty much any cheapo mouse will do, as long as it's not retardedly made like you descirebed yours
I know some Logitech mice have an option to free the scroll wheel, for very long scrolling sessions
If you don't care about money, Mionix Naos 7000 has some aggressively clicking mouse wheel
>>
>>51926080
Very comfortable as long as you only use palm grip, other grips are pretty uncomfortable/impossible on it
Had it for few days, had to return it, because some of them have shitty LMB, and I got one
Sure as hell hope warranty won't fuck me over and say that I fucked the LMB, fucking 75 euros
>>
Anyone have any experience with Steelseries Rival 300 ? I'm looking for a comfortable mouse for palm grip, maybe sometimes other grips and pretty much the only choices are Rival, Razer Deathadder and Naos 7000
Naos is the most expensive and I had a problem with them so I don't really want to buy it again now
Rival seems pretty good, but haven't seen much about it here
Razer is smaller than Rival so that's a minus, another minus is that it's Razer, I have some hatred for them subconciously
Zowie doesn't get sold where I live
>>
File: IMG_20151218_104602048.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_104602048.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
Found this at the library in uni, should I arrange for its removal?
>>
>>51926080
Switched from EC1 eVo cL to Naos 7000. Normally, I like to palm my mouse completely so that I have enough leverage and grip to swipe and lift my mouse quickly.

Unfortunately, if I lay my palm against the rear and my fingers across the mouse, my ring and pinky fingers would hang over the grooves and touch my mousepad. If I try to fit my fingers in the grooves instead, my hand would be forced into an uncomfortable palm+fingertip+claw grip. The lack of a proper grip is also made worse by how slippery the mouse is when your hand is dry.

I really wanted to love this mouse, but unfortunately it's just not made for me. I can't recommend it to FPS players with large hands who use a palm grip.
>>
>>51929014

I've been on the lookout for a new workhorse mouse, and I've pretty much decided on the Steelseries Rival 300.

I want a big, weighty, right-handed palm-grip mouse that's as understated as possible, and anything more than around six buttons would be wasted on me.

Apparently some people have an issue with the feel/durability of the rubbery coating on the side of the Rival.

The other ones I considered were the Zowie EC1-A, and the Mionix Avior 7000.

As I said, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Rival 3000, but would be very happy to hear any opinions.
>>
Why is it so hard to find a non gaymer claw grip mouse with a good sensor and forward/back buttons?
>>
>>51929642
If your hands tend to sweat, I'd advise you to stay away from all mice with rubber sides. Made the mistake with a Deathadder. The rubber sides felt icky, not to mention my side buttons died within a year and the mouse wheel half a year later.
>>
File: 1446412907210.jpg (29 KB, 960x297) Image search: [Google]
1446412907210.jpg
29 KB, 960x297
>>51929176
>>51924711
kensington mouse-in-a-box. doesn't chafe the surface of whatever you put it on like crap heavy burdensome feeling microsoft mouse. oh thanks for a peek at that atrocious red light thru the back of the mouse m-soft really needed that, important for me to know. lmoa grow up wat is this two thousand & two? kensington mouse in the box SEXEY profile fits ALL needs feels GREAT my fav used to be logitech m100 it had a thinner cord desu but crapped out on me with the infamouse logitech double click issue, the piece of sh*t.
>>
>>51924166
FK2 is the only mouse on the market that I actually like. I've tried
>FK1
>Abyssus 3.5g
>Abyssus 2014
>ZA11/12/13
>EC1a/EC2a
>G303
>G100s
>Deathadder 3.5g
>Finalmouse 2015
>Kinzu V2 Pro
Abyssus 3.5g comes close but the shape isn't quite right since I grew up using ball mice and then IME and WMOs for games. Abyssus 2014 has a great shape but the sensor skips on my mousepad so fuck that. Kinzu V2 Pro was good but the click latency and mushy clicks ruins it for modern use. FK1 was just slightly too big. ZA11/12/13 shape absolutely does not fit my hand/wrist angle, etc. FK2 masterrace.
>>
>>51926231
>guntape
oh damn, that's a good idea anon. Can you buy the stuff online, all I can find is guntape cut for guns already. What's the material like?
>>
>>51924166

I was also considering this mouse...

I tried it and it felt ... meh...

Quite small, not very comfortable, not grippy, no sens changer...

I was dissapointed desu.

Theres still no mouse out there that beats the g400
>>
>>51931539
>no sens changer...
Why the fuck would you need a button to fuck up your muscle memory? I can tell you're shit at any task that you would use that mouse for.
>>
>>51931419
i bought from here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATH0KEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
only used like 1/4 of a sheet (it comes with 3)
material is like a hard grippy surface. kinda like sandpaper but a bit softer and rubbery
>>
>>51931603
>Why the fuck would you need a button to fuck up your muscle memory?

Almost all people who play games use lower sense ingame and higher sens outside of it, since the lowest DPI is most accurate, but a pain to use elsewhere.

Have fun using low sens on desktop ...

> I can tell you're shit at any task that you would use that mouse for.

Sorry m8 i didnt mean to give you buyers remorse xD
>>
>>51931539
>>51931603
>>51931705
OP here

Personally I do not need a readily accessible DPI changing system, as I've found that all it does for me is enable me to not calibrate my sensitivity properly, doing games based on what I currently have it set at not what is necessarily right...I never ever change DPI in the game, usually only doing it after the game is open/closed which makes alt+tab awkward, so I'm just going to adjust it right in the first place and keep it uniform..

What I had were mice with plenty of different options and settings with their special driver programs but what I wanted was a simple, well-built mouse that Just Werks(TM) and the FK2 with its "no special drivers" promise really appealed to me, plus it's black/white which matches my Fractal Design R2 XL case as an added bonus. So far I like it, especially the click bits, haven't used it in a game yet but I'm about to fire up some FO4 or MWO to test.
>>
I currently have an original FK, I've had it for about three years now. Overall i really like it, its got a great shape and i really like the scroll wheel on it. But after three years the back button on the thumb side is starting to double click all the time. Really annoying for Web browsing. Also the finish is breaking off where my pinky rests on it.

I'm getting a Mionix Castor to replace it.
>>
>>51931705
>since the lowest DPI is most accurate, but a pain to use elsewhere.
This is absolutely false FYI. Why would a lower CPI translate to MORE accuracy?
>>
>>51926080
I have it and love it. Been thinking about making a switch to something else though. No idea what I would choose.
>>
>>51932594
Cooler Master Sentinel III
>>
>>51926231
>applying guntape to things
>>
File: s3988.png (31 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
s3988.png
31 KB, 1152x648
>>51932702
>>
File: 1429697704987.jpg (99 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429697704987.jpg
99 KB, 1920x1080
>>51924166
I just ordered an FK1
I hope it doesn't have the new logo
I preferred the yellow one
>>
>>51933736
You want the new logo. That means it's a refreshed model without the nasty click latency of the yellow logo model.
>>
>>51933736
The yellow one has very bad button latency, also they announced a refresh version with red logo and omron switches.
>>
>>51933761
>>51933765
Oh, alright then.
>>
>>51924166
Is there a /g/ approved zero pronation mouse?
>>
>That disgusting red logo
>That horrible benq branding

Looks like zowie mice are ruined forever. Good thing my 4 year old deathadder is holding up nicely.
>>
>>51934233
>complains about mouse aesthetics
>uses a razer mouse
nice bait, mate
>>
>>51933765
>>51933761
Is there a program which directly tests click latency or is that always relative to another mouse (ergo, bloody's mouse shooting thing)?

I have the older model and while I'm not really concerned about the click latency, I'd just like to see as I got it a little while after they announced some firmware update on the mice.
>>
>>51934247
>Is there a program which directly tests click latency
sadly no
>>
>>51934246
When I turn off all the shitty glowing bullshit, it's quite decent. Definitely less jarring than the red logo would be.
>>
>>51934246
The DeathAdder is the only good mice from Razer.

>Good weight and shape
>S3989 Sensor which is very good
>low click latency
>>
>>51932580
He means that using a low sensitivity in-game is more accurate. Which is absolutely true.

Low sens allows you to more easily compensate for recoil and make small adjustments.
>>
Mionix Castor or Zowie FK1 /g/uys ?
>>
>>51935021
No shit, but low sensitivity in a game does not require a CPI button. I think you're giving him too much credit, he clearly seems to think that he needs to drop his CPI in the game instead of using the typical 'sensitivity' command. There are a lot of retards out there that believe this shit because a lot of pro CS players used 400 CPI IME/WMOs for years.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.