[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video editors actually using macs or only """video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 400x323
Are video editors actually using macs or only """video editors"""?
>>
>>51921830
yes
>>
>>51921830
Some of them are. Adobe software, namely Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop run on both systems and so are all relevant plugins. Windows has more efficient transcoding software availbale but is arguably too difficult to use for special snowflake millenial "creative service personell". I worked in this area and I'd say it largely depends on the company and what type of ecosystem they invested in. Smaller studios usually use windows.
>>
>>51921830
video editing on macs is a meme for retards using garbage like imovie or final cut for youtube-tier videos

anyone that's editing video and isn't actually braindead either uses vegas pro or premiere pro, both of which work perfectly well on windows
>>
>>51921830
>>51921895
Please note that there is not a single piece of software essential for professional video production that is not available on Windows. iMovie is not used by a large number of professionals and the only reason people tend to use mac is because they are literally tech-illiterate and need Mac OS to have a steady workflow. I may direct your attention to Andrew Kramer (Videocopilot), one of the more publicly known VFX pros who uses Windows as his OS of choice.
>>
>>51921895
What about the performance aspect? For all I like macs, you can't deny that the raw performance of most macs with the exception of the Mac Pro are subpar compared to custom built desktop PCs, considering iMacs use easily thermal throttled desktop CPUs and mobile GPUs and rMBPs only mobile CPUs and GPUs.
>>
File: 13425675623.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
13425675623.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
Are video editors actually using Windows or only """video editors"""?
>>
>>51921958
Yes, they are always subpar when it comes to Price/performance. However, people in purchasing are usually huge fucking retards (and so are most CEOs in charge of ecosystem decisions)
>>
and what about mah linux? I wanna be a professional video editor, but don't have enough money for a mac and can't use windows
>>
File: 1444880827853.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1444880827853.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>51922016
>"""""can't use windows"""""
>>
>>51921922
I think pros use AVID software.
>>
>>51921830
Maybe some faggots with old macs. Since Final Cut Pro went to shit with X, Premiere has become the standard.
>>
>>51922040
It's that or After Effects.
>>
>>51922040
>>51923282
A ton of places still use AVID. I have no idea why
>>
It used to be a lot of Macs because of Final Cut Pro, but once Apple fucked that up (like they inevitably fuck everything up) Microsoft started catching back up.
It really depends on who's in charge now.

The local university screen department and media institute switched to Windows on the insistance of their IT guys (who found them easier to manage in bulk) a few years ago, so anyone new is trained on Windows where I live.
>>
>>51921922
>pro
>sony vegas

good job, you almost made it through that post without confirming you are a complete fucking retard
>>
>>51923282
after effects is not used to cut video
>>
>>51923457
ok my bad.
>>
A few low format people are but it mostly """video editors""".
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.