[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple hate thread pls. Finally caved last year an purchased
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: cuckbook_pro.jpg (431 KB, 3000x1687) Image search: [Google]
cuckbook_pro.jpg
431 KB, 3000x1687
Apple hate thread pls.

Finally caved last year an purchased a $2500 i7 15" rMPB for work applications because 'muh software stability', first Mac I've ever owned; and the last I will ever own.

1.1 years down the line, the battery management is fucked so it won't hold a charge and is a brick unless permanently connected to the PSU, take it in to the 'genius' bar, it's already out of warranty (lol murrica consumer 'rights').
To sort the battery management they also have to replace the battery, trackpad, keyboard and topcase, because its all fucking glued together. $350.

Also, this battery problem had shorted something on the 'logic' board that they can't pinpoint, which as it has everything fucking soldered to it (RAM, CPU, SSD, etc.), cannot be repaired and has to be replaced in full. $700.

'Genius' bar advice - probably better to just buy a new mac as they can't offer warranty on repairs for more than 90 days without FagCare

>tl;dr
>$2500 1.1yr old rMPB needs its entire internals replacing at massive fucking cost already as you can't repair shit
>now have a $2500 paperweight
>back to Memepads for me forever
>yes I fucking mad
>>
>>51920776
You spend 2500 dollars on a computer and don't buy 300 applecare? How gay are you?

2500/1 year = $2500
2800/3 years = $933

Learn math before getting a mac
>>
>>51920776
Sucks to suck
>>
kek

2010 Apple Mac Book, upgraded to ssd, upgraded ram, battery still 8+ hours.

WTF did you do to your MBP?
>>
That sucks, but you knew what you were buying into. Expensive shit is expensive to fix. You knew this was the case when you bought it.
>>
>im totally telling the truth guys, you can trust me :^)
>>
>>51920815

Call me stupid, but I have a slight expectation that when I pay $2500 for a computer that it isn't going to be such a fucking shitpiece that it turns into a fucking brick within a year of purchase.

So to be not 'gay' I have to pay another $300 insurance on TOP of an overpriced shitpiece? Fuck off.

>>51920859

Nothing. it's mint and been a lemon since I purchased it. Hardest buyers remorse ever.
>>
>>51920776
>Your MacBook Pro with Retina display comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer’s purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple‑authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.

Im pretty sure the battery problem you had was going on before the warranty was up. Hell, your mac probably told you to take it in and get service. My 06 Macbook does that on Snowleopard(obviously dead battery from age), so Im pretty certain the new ones will do it too. Also, AppleCare is a thing because of scenarios like yours. and since you are already paying the high price for an Apple product you should just factor AppleCare into the purchase price of Apple products.
>>
>>51920889

>oy vey! Can't talk badly about a Jewtel and Aplel product!
>>
>>51920897
You should probably give up on the 'puter' n' shit and go back to analog, because this nigga can't even own a fuckin' mac!

cuck!
>>
>>51920897
>been a lemon since I purchased it.
It is entirely your fault that you didnt take it in during the warranty period.
Apple is actually one the better companies out there, since they offer to work on out of warranty stuff. Yes they charge for it, but a lot of companies wont at all.
>>
You should have listened.
>>
>>51920859
this. did the same for my 2012 and they replaced the battery because student deal gives 3 years warranty.
>>
At least post a pic of your $2500 paperweight along with your angry ramblings.

You do have one right anon? You wouldn't tell lies on the internet right anon?
>>
>>51920917
Holy shit, is cuck back?

C u c k for test
>>
>>51920776
>tldr I'm a c᠎uck who can't take care of a notebook for more than 1 year
you deserve for being a bitch kiddo
>>
>>51921036
Oh shit nigger, it is!

Filter got cucked.
>>
You're an unlucky faggot

I have a 17 inch late 2012 model upstaged to SSD, optical drive removed and 1tb hard drive and 16gb of RAM. Working flawlessly since they say I got it. Battery is a bit worn now but I can just go pick a new one up no problem

I'm never touching new Apple products tho, fuck that soldered locked down shit. They have gone from being a company that balances usability with freedom to one that is just going after fashionable retard money and pleasing the Jewish investment cabals
>>
>>51920953

Is it my fault that it isn't built to lasting standard, with a $2500 premium? No excuse. I can take it to any respectable repair shop or even open the damn thing up myself now it's out of warranty, I don't give a shit that they offer to do for money, I'd sooner buy the parts and do it myself.

>>51921016
Hi Aplel cuck. There's a picture in the OP to help you out, it looks exactly the fucking same, silver body, black keys etc. I can get out the sock puppets as well to make it easier to understand if you like?
>>
>>51920776
How did you treat the battery over the course of the last year?

Like everything else that's luxury it's fucking brittle: just look at luxury cars, basically expensive garbage.

Apple products work well (be cautious of this opinion for the future, Apple seems to be having a small crisis outside of phones) but they are nowhere near as durable or functional as similar offerings around 700$ cheaper. They are social status machines with some punch to them. If you don't mind shelling out extra cash for an OS and an ideology, then you made the right choice.

But on this board you'll get your anus gaped because you aren't using a 7 year old Thinkpad (muh NSA-intel cumspiracy) with an SSD and a 1080p screen retrofit.
>>
>>51921091

Yeah you're full of shit breh enjoy your bait thread, you deserve it for such a colorful story.

I don't even like apple shit but it's pretty obvious you're just seeking attention.
>>
>>51921091
>no pic
it was nice b8 but now it's done, should have at least searched some image online to make it believable.
>>
>>51920907

Are you actually trying to argue the point of 'well you already paid for overpriced hardware, but what you should actually have done is paid even MORE!'

wtf?
>>
>>51921144
>MUH ideology

Zizek pls
>>
File: gcMw8V3.jpg (75 KB, 685x804) Image search: [Google]
gcMw8V3.jpg
75 KB, 685x804
>>51921190
Walk into any first year Criminology class and prove me wrong
>>
File: WP_01_00_56_Raw.jpg (312 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
WP_01_00_56_Raw.jpg
312 KB, 1632x918
>>51921147
>>51921164
>>
>>51920776
damn. I would never have gotten one for 2500. I got my macbook for $100 through family that works in government.
>>
>>51920917
cuck! cuck
senpai fAm Senpai FaM fAM
desu tBh Tbhb TbH tBH
>>
>>51921273

Looks like it's working just fine :^)
>>
>>51921309
s᠎mh t᠎bh f᠎am OP is a huge cuck lol
>>
>>51921331

with the magsafe taped in to the socket :^)

did you read the OP? :^) :^) :^)
>>
>>51920776
>1.1 years down the line, the battery management is fucked so it won't hold a charge and is a brick unless permanently connected to the PSU
How the fuck do you do that? Do you run it down to 1% multiple times a day when you don't need to?

>take it in to the 'genius' bar, it's already out of warranty (lol murrica consumer 'rights').
Why should a company have to cover your product outside the warranty?
>>
>>51921091
>Is it my fault that it isn't built to lasting standard
You had a defective product. It's completely your fault that you didn't take advantage of the warranty.
>>
>>51921376

EU is 2 yrs warranty on anything

burgerland is 1 yr, if you value your manufacturing quality, step it up
>>
>>51921395
Also if you aren't a complete retard just buy some 99% ISO alcohol, a syringe/eyedropper and a new battery. Just use a credit card and alcohol to work away the glue. After that you literally just let it dry and plug a new battery in.
>>
>>51921309
baka desu senpai cuck
>>
>>51921431

Hi, while I'd like to answer to your response, it appears you failed to read the OP correctly. I would suggest going back and reading to OP for the thread you are replying to before constructing a reply. Thanks!
>>
>>51921016
>>51921147
>>51921164

Gone pretty quiet since you shitcunts got called out. Whats left in the shill arsenal now?

Love, OP
>>
File: 1449816232088.png (165 KB, 1300x900) Image search: [Google]
1449816232088.png
165 KB, 1300x900
>>51920776
>he fell for the mac battery maymay
ayylmao
>>
>>51921571

I'm not the retard that spent $2500 on a meme bruv, good job on the pic though you definitely got the last laugh.
>>
>>51920815
Having to pay $300 for an extended warranty is only for idiots or hard-luck cases who cannot take care of their belongings.

I am not the OP but when I buy things, I buy fairly high end. With the exception of the MacBook Pros, every high end product I have ever bought has lasted me well over a decade.

Apple is playing games to make as much profit as possible and is cutting corners on quality to do so. The kinds of failures that their notebooks have are inexcusable considering their costs. Even trash like Dell and HP don't have such consistently high failure rates for *non-moving* parts on their computers.
>>
>>51921476
See >>51921273
It's one or the other, not both.
>>
>>51921284
You either got a used one or your family used a five-finger discount. I know what the discount rate for MBPs and it is not a 96% discount.
>>
>>51920776
Give it to me. I'll pay shipping. I wanna throw through the window of a Mac fag I know.

Apple refused to fix my iPod, 2 years out of warranty, but it was a design defect that every iPod that gen suffered from. Fuck Apple all the retards who buy that shit. I still like iPods, but fuck me do I hate Apple.
>>
>>51921410
>burgerland is 1 yr, if you value your manufacturing quality, step it up

The U.S. doesn't. That's why most of our shit is manufactured in shit holes like China.

I fucking hate it.

I've boycotted many American companies' products because of this. GE, before they sold their appliance division, sold some of the shittiest stuff I've ever used.
>>
>>51920776
>I can't take care of my computer so it's the computers fault
You're a faggot.
>>
>it's already out of warranty (lol murrica consumer 'rights').

you should have waited more than a couple hours to look at that other thread talking about computer warranties. it is obvious you just made this garbage shit for epic karma and country baiting

fucking idiot
>>
>>51921736
>it was a design defect that every iPod that gen suffered from

Standard Apple M.O. They have a serious defect in their products that they know about and keep quiet or deny, deny, deny. I had one of the 2008 MBP
with the BGA issues and Apple and NVIDIA played the blame game with each other. It was until a class action lawsuit that something was done.

Pissed the shit out of me that IBM sold off the ThinkPad line to Lenovo who promptly fucked them up. There's no one today who makes a truly great notebook computer.

As much as I hate Dell, it's looking like their XPS notebooks might be the best in terms of weight, reliability, and usability.
>>
>>51920776
This whole story is fake.
>>
>>51921791
>>51921819

Shill force out in full effect I see. Aplel is a fucking sham selling overpriced poor QC bullshit, yet it is the consumers fault? Surprised you had the time to post in between deepthroating multiple consumer comapanies cocks.

What should I do instead to reliably solve my mobile computing needs, 'o omniponent tech gods?
>>
>>51921793
>e Dell, it's looking like their XPS notebooks might be the best in terms of weight, reliability, and usability.
this

even the inspirons are okay for the price
>>
>>51920776
>I can't replace a battery pls help me

Even by /g/ "Apple is 4 fags lul" standards, you're pretty retarded for an Macbook user.
>>
>>51922172
rMBP owner here who had to remove his battery. It's annoying as fuck and I broke my spigot.
>>
>>51921187
Well, it is an apple product.
>>
>>51920776
Bought a refurbished macbook pro 2013 retina display and its still going strong ;) sucks to suck OP
>>
File: aaa.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>51921624
>40w surface battery outlasting 90w macbook battery
>>
>>51920776
I have a 12 year old Powerbook G4 still working fine.
>>
>>51921085
its me ur brother
>>
File: 1448952328751.png (195 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448952328751.png
195 KB, 300x300
>>51922346
What OS?
>tfw I'll never have a 17" powerbook
>>
>>51921431
>>51922172

Did either of you fucking tards read the OP?

If it was just the battery it'd be a much cheaper job, even out of warranty
>>
>>51920776

Sell it "as is" on eBay, omit the information of how much it costs to repair, you can probably still get back $500 - %1,000 for it I'm sure

Then use that money to buy a laptop that you can actually service yourself
>>
>>51921694
this
>>
>>51920897
You learned a hard lesson. Ignore the tags sucking zombie Steve Jobs dong. I learned a similar lesson with Apple products.
>>
>>51921284
Congratulations you thieving negro
>>
>>51922416
Leopard. It's the 15" model.
>>
Last time I bought an apple product was the iPod touch 4g.
>screen cracked for no reason
>no update to ios 7, which most apps now need
>original apple charger actually pulled out and frayed at the base. My $1 Chinese charger lasted till the iPod died

I just gave up on them. Use my phone for music now.
Installed walkman with clearaudio+ on my g3, could not be happier.
>>
>>51923192
Is there an apk somewhere for the Walkman app? One of the things I miss most from my old Xperia.
>>
>>51923272
It's a flashable zip.
Avoid the betas, install 3.1
On both my nexus 5 and g3, the betas have a bug where the equalizer either doesn't work, or enabling it forces everything to max volume till you disable it.
3.1 works great though.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2730431
>>
>>51920776
>90 days
You dumb fucking asshole it comes with a year-long warranty.
>>
ask for a Flat Rate Out of Warranty Repair. Call Applecare direct and they will mail you a box.
>>
>>51920859
Are you me?

>Samsung SSD
>6GB RAM
I tried 8 but I guess I have some kind of logicboard issue where I can't go over 6. Whatever, still love it. Graphics card is a huge bottleneck though.
>>
>>51920859
steve jobs wasn't dead
>>
Just buy something that fulfills your needs, like some Core M laptop/2in1 with 8gb+ RAM and a SSD. That'll be under $1300 and the extended warranty will be cheaper, plus you have 3rd party warranty options like SquareTrade.
>>
>>51920776
Holy fuck why does apple do this, they already jew you so much with muh premium price.

If you pay muh premium price you should get muh premium quality.
>>
>>51925634
Premium quality and service.
With apple, you don't get what you pay for. You get far worse
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 197x190) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 197x190
>>51920776
>TFW bought a new dell latitude on eBay with 4 year extended warranty + 3 year battery service with a 256gb ssd and 8gb ram for 750 bucks

Feels good mang. The panel is shit but I can replace it. No problem. Thought about Apple for a while but 1500€ for 256 GB ssd and 8gb ram doesn't seem like a fair price to me. Besides I can't replace shit if that thing breaks after the warranty runs out.
>>
>>51920776
>every company has failure rates
>end up being unlucky enough to receive one
>hurrdurr this company is shit everything they've ever made and ever will make is shit look at me
My god it's like you're fucking 12
>>
File: louis.png (681 KB, 687x431) Image search: [Google]
louis.png
681 KB, 687x431
>>51920776
Louis would probably have everything fixed for half the price and back to you the same day if you personally dropped it off.
>>
>>51921376
>How the fuck do you do that?
Most likely liquid water damage to the charging/battery circuit, not that he would admit it.
>>
>>51920776
since when do warranties cover your own fuckups and wear/tear?
>>
>>51926970
He's a fucking niger
>>
>>51921741
what are you even talking about? all my american shit has outlasted chinkshit by at least 3 times
>>
>>51925634
He's leaving out something or faking the story. He conveniently goes to the apple store right after the warranty runs out and the battery management just magically stopped working at such a convenient time.

Even if he was this unlucky, he was retarded for not insuring a $2500 device he expects to use for a long time.
>>
>>51920776
>Stopped working
>After 13/14 months
>Apple
>w/o Fagcare
>America
You're fucked.
>>
File: 1_0.jpg (32 KB, 437x383) Image search: [Google]
1_0.jpg
32 KB, 437x383
That's what you get for buying shit
>>
>macbook out of warranty
>get it fixed for free anyway

lrn2socialize properly
>>
Works on my machine, feel free to fuck off.
>>
>OP buys a computer that obviously ran into some issue that is uncommon
>wow appel is shit fak u everytink dey do is sheet

Come on. You wouldn't be screaming like this if you bought any other computer.
Regardless, sorry to hear that your computer is broken, but those things happen.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.