[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building Gaming/Work PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 0.jpg (35 KB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
35 KB, 712x400
So I made decision it is time to build a new PC. It will be used for some of my works as well as gaming. I decided to go with red/black color scheme beacause fuck it I like those colors.

Any suggestions?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fHFRB

"Do you really need this much RAM, this big SSD, this water cooling?" - Yes I work with shit tons of data I need lots of space and lots of speed to not grow fucking beard while working. Also I am planning to OC the CPU to squeeze every single bit of power.

Also any suggestions for G-Sync screens? I want to test that stuff already.

Bear in mind that my budget is big and I am not going to cut 50$ just to get better performance:price ratio.
>>
>>51920114
I would go for an i7-5820k instead of that 6700k. And two 980tis are such a waste. You only need one.
>>
>>51920114
youre so fucking stupid
>>
>>51920430

I am looking at it now, I could surely spare some money while keeping performance at same level.
>>
>>51920114
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fHFRB

OP, are you building this for your wife's son?
>>
>M.2 SSD
is this a meme or is it actually superior to SATA SSD?
>>
>>51920572
Samsung 950 pro or go home
>>
>>51920556
So my PC should be dull grey/black box because colorful builds are for kids and it does not fit my age?
>>
>>51920114
>4TB WD Red
dude what
>>
>>51920606
lurk moar

>>51920572
It's 100% meme. It's more expensive and there's no performance increase because it still uses SATA.
>>
>>51920704
>It's 100% meme. It's more expensive and there's no performance increase because it still uses SATA.

Incorrect
>>
File: 1450386534818.jpg (40 KB, 373x586) Image search: [Google]
1450386534818.jpg
40 KB, 373x586
I just ordered this, i still need to get a gpu when i got some more money to spend
Did i do good?
>>
>>51920114
>http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3fHFRB

having excel files with a few thousand rows of data isn't "working with shit tons of data". die
>>
>>51920788

i just saw the case....AYYY
>>
>>51920516
>>51920788
Why dont you cancerfags go back to reddit.
Either express your argument properly or dont bother to post at all.
>>
>hey guys I just picked the most expensive parts I could find and put them together what do you think??? xd

What's the point? Of course it's a great PC, now fuck off.
>>
>>51920857

agreed. OP's kids will be able to play all the sweet new games.
>>
>>51920857
poorfag detected
>>
>>51920884

Well, duuh, that doesn't make this thread any less shit
>>
>>51920114
Why did you post this shit thread if you don't care what anyone says.
>my budget is big and I am not going to cut 50$ just to get better performance:price ratio
buy whatever then tard, gaming 7 cost $50 for some extra plastic. You pay $90 more than krait because its red.
Your cpu is out of stock everywhere buy Japan.
Your stupid cooler will give you an extra 100mhz on the 10% chance your binning is actually good enough
Get 32gb of 3200 tridentZ
>>
>>51921217

Tell him dude! OP is a jabroni who thinks he's an analyst...coming on here asking about advice for a computer he's obviously buying for his girlfriend's kids
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.