[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else work with someone who is basically a loudmouthed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1448823240979.png (377 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1448823240979.png
377 KB, 498x497
Does anyone else work with someone who is basically a loudmouthed dilettante, regarding technology? I'm not exactly an expert, myself, so I won't say "poseur," but it's basically the same idea.

The Information Assurance Officer in my office is this twenty-year-old kid that is convinced that because he built his own computer and can use Excel that he's a master hacker. All of our superiors (who are clueless regarding computers) humor his delusions by saing shit like "he thinks in binary," further encouraging him to prattle off about hacking Xbox Live or similar crap. He doesn't know how to code anything, and he doesn't have any kind of certifications. He runs Windows 10 on his "gaming rig."

Anyone else work with people like this? They're really insufferable.
>>
There will basically be the guy you described in every workplace, whether or not about technology its still the same guy.

I work with a guy who for some reason owns 3 tablets, a laptop and 2 smartphones, and actually uses them all for god knows what (my job involves lots of traveling, we had to share a hotel room so I got to know him pretty good). From what I saw he just spent 90% of his time messaging his girlfriend and watching netflix on the hotel tv with chromecast, which he thought made him a super hacker.

He wasn't that much of an asshat about technology though, but everything he did was so inefficient and over the top unnecessary and just made me say "why" like 20 times a day (shit like buying music off itunes and having a spotify premium account, fucking why).

I have a laptop and a phone with me when I travel, and even the laptop feels like overkill most of the time
>>
>>51915336
>poseur
Bonjour, baguette. Repertiore, fromage?
>>
>>51915472
retarded
>>
>>51915336
>they're insufferable
>posts moon man /b/ crap
>you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>51915487
Really, though, writing poseur instead of poser must be some kind of hillbilly franco-canadian slang.
>>
>>51915508
Moon Man is /pol/ related you dingus.
>>
>>51915540
Well poseur is the proper way to spell it. Its not really hillbilly franco slang though, and Ive heard lots of really weird canadian french slang (Im canadian). If it was franco-canadian slang it would be a lot more convoluted and confusing, like instead of "poseur" they'd just say "posigan" or something equally nonsensical and you'd just have to know what it meant based off the context of the other part or morphed french words that you say as if you have marbles in your mouth.

fuck I hate quebecois french so much
>>
>>51915336
I am someone like that. It's not what I intentionally did. But people assume that I am a seekret hacker because I use the terminal or I use Vim.
>>
>>51915684
>TIL: franco-canadian stuff sounds like bird names
>>
Head of engineering at my work is like that.
He's over 60 and knows just enough to think he's qualified to give advice.
automation programming for his department is a nightmare.
>>
Info as shoot rants,sounds like a parasite hormone for build Big Bruvv George's boss queen englanders? Assurances.....
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.