[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sold my gaming PC because I've realized theres no use in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image_35.jpg (156 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
image_35.jpg
156 KB, 816x612
Sold my gaming PC because I've realized theres no use in owning one when I'm at uni. I have 900 bucks to play with for a gaming laptop and I can't decide between these 2:

ASUS ROG GL551JW-AH71(WX) 15-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 2GB VRAM, 8GB, 256G SSD storage (ROG Black)

or

Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK 15.6" Full-HD Gaming Laptop (Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M) with Windows 10

I'm mainly gonna be playing LoL/WoW. I was wondering which one you guys would go with. My school does free service on Dell computers so I'm kinda leaning towards Dell. Thanks.
>>
>Wasting your college years on WoW/MOBAshit

Do yourself a favor and buy yourself a cheap functional laptop and spend the rest on going out.
>>
>>51914707
Anyone wanna actually answer my question unlike this homer?
>>
dumbfuck.

i brought my gaming PC to college. worked out fine for me.

you don't need a $900 computer to play assfaggots.

you shouldn't play assfaggots.

you shouldn't buy a "gaming laptop" because they are universally shit.

go buy a $500 mITX small desktop and take that, unless you sold your monitor/mouse/keyboard in which case gas yourself you fucktard.
>>
>>51914871
Use it for self improvement and stop being a virgin faggot.
>>
>>51914871
No, I think he said it quite well.
>Hey anon, wanna go out with us tonight?
>U-uh me? N-no thanks, I'm playing WoW haha
>>
>>51914946
>i brought my gaming PC to college. worked out fine for me
My nigga. I brought mine too and I've had no issues having it there.
>>
>>51914676
Don't buy any of those, look for cheaper alternatives. You're just gonna play lol and wow....
>>
>>51914676
WoW and MMOs in general are CPU intensive so you dun goofed if you sold something decent
>>
>>51914676
>Gaming laptop
>For MOBAs and MMORPGs

heh
>>
When you're at uni you get a Console and play Black Ops splitscreen with your m8s while drinking beers. Y-you didn't know that?
>>
>>51914707
>>51914955
>>51914959
>>51915074
These.
>>
>>51914676
Get a latitude or other business class laptop, they're beefy enough and a lot more durable than consumer or gamer laptops
>>
>>51914676
>About to enter college
>Worried about muh LoL and muh WoW

You're gonna do great anon.
>>
File: 1445999291762.jpg (225 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
1445999291762.jpg
225 KB, 682x600
>>51914676
The fact that you want to buy a gaming laptop implies huge faggotry.

>>51915074
HUGE This.

>>51914707
Honestly, this. I'm STEM and saw plenty of Steam/HearthStone/MOBA/LoL/WoW faggots playing games in class. Guess how they did in those classes? Failed completely.

I even had one of these gayming laptop fags complain to me about how he was doing in a class where I sat behind him the whole time and saw him chat/play on Steam/HearthStone. I laughed in his face and told him he is a beta gayming faggot and maybe if he paid attention instead of Blizzfagging he would have been getting A's like me.
>>
>>51914676
Why would you sell a gaming pc to buy a gaming notebook when you will be stationary at school. I doubt you will play in class. I bet you will have a desk in your room. Paying more money and getting less. Might as well buy a Mac.
>>
>>51915128
Im a semester deep, usually party on thursdays and saturdays and LAN with my buddies a few nights a week.

>>51915125
Yeah I'm definitely gonna do this, I didn't actually sell my PC yet, I have a buyer lined up I'm just gonna tell I sold already. Appreciate the insight.
>>
>>51915125
Do this
All gaymer and consumer laptops are shit in quality, they'll break the moment you look away from them
>>
File: lie on the internet.jpg (66 KB, 475x355) Image search: [Google]
lie on the internet.jpg
66 KB, 475x355
>>51915178
>I laughed in his face and told him he is a beta gayming faggot and maybe if he paid attention instead of Blizzfagging he would have been getting A's like me.
>>
>>51915194
>Im a semester deep, usually party on thursdays and saturdays and LAN with my buddies a few nights a week.
normie get out
enjoy failing your classes
>>
>>51914676
>Sold my gaming PC for a gaming laptop

What non Russell group uni are you attending?
>>
>>51914676
You sold your desktop, which was built as a gaming machine, to buy a gaming laptop?

That has to be some of the worst bait I've seen on /g/ since the whole wife's son bullshit, thanks for the laugh OP.
>>
>>51915194
>Im a semester deep, usually party on thursdays and saturdays and LAN with my buddies a few nights a week.
Mate your life must suck. I got a new 10/10 gf before classes had even begun my freshman year. I was getting my dick wet constantly and all the chums around my room considered me a God
>>
>>51914676
>gaming laptop

I once fell for that meme too

buy a normal facebook machine and spend the remaining dosh on a 3DS or Vita or some shit if you want games.
>>
The Inspiron 7559 has a screen lottery, i.e. there are many possible screens you can get and most of them are shit.

The problem with the FullHD Inspiron 7559 is the BOE screen, it only covers 45% of Adobe RGB. It looks like literal shit. There are better ones but you'll never know what you get.

tl;dr: get the 4k Inspiron, you always get a good one with that version.
>>
>>51915292
>having a gf
>on /g/

Get the fuck out
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.