[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows shills, come forth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: file_0.png (11 KB, 512x346) Image search: [Google]
file_0.png
11 KB, 512x346
Convince me to install Windows on my linux desktop under the following conditions:

1) I'm not a gaymen manchild
2) I'm not a retard with a sub-100 IQ and I can actually operate a console
>>
Why not make decisions for yourself
>>
If you feel Linux suits your needs either technologically or ethically then just use Linux, man

I use Windows but there's no reason why you should if you clearly don't want to use it
>>
>>51913113
Gaming and widespread use and ease of use are the only reasons.
>>
File: 1449524360689.jpg (44 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
1449524360689.jpg
44 KB, 500x294
>>
>>51913189
Also technically some professional software just doesn't have a proper Linux competitor yet. Sure, there's wine but that isn't always the ideal in a work environment.
>>
In your case, unless you use software that works like trash like any adobe products, you should really stick with linux.

Or unless you care about your battery.
>>
>>51913248
Sorry, I didn't read. Thought you said laptop, not desktop.

Then it's really pointless OP.

Same as it's pointless to buy a good PC for gaming and use the software I mentioned and use linux as main OS. You'd have to switch constantly.
>>
>>51913113
I bet you can not operate a windows console. Its not as intuotive and straight forward as on linux and requires a lot more work. Something to learn
>>
>>51913285
Never really worked with Dos prompt. I should learn sometime.
>>
>>51913198
I fucking loved that movie when I was 7.
>>
>>51913248
Still no reason to use Windows, even if op did need adobeshit.

I have a hackintosh for exactly that reason, and it's infinitely better than Windows will ever be.
>>
>>51913113
And yet you're too retarded to decide for yourself.
>>
>>51913113
> I'm not a gaymen
> I'm not a retard
> Convince me
You don't want to listen anyway. Also, fuck you.
>>
>>51913113
>I'm not a gay
> I'm not a retard

but that's windows target audience
>>
>>51913113
>using the smikey with a carat nose
>>
>>51913975
Have you done a comparison on how adobe products work on hackintosh vs windows on the same machine?
>>
>>51914078
Spoken like a basement dwelling, animefaggot, virgin.
>>
>>51914098
It's not about preformance. It's that OSX is still *nix, so I get all the other benefits that come with it such as having native *nix software like ssh and bash and stuff, on top of having the Adobe suite as well.
>>
>>51914192
performance*
>>
>>51913113
.NET is a top notch development environment
>>
>>51913113
In my case because foobar2000, IrfanView, MS Office, ArcMap and AutoCad are released for Windows only.
I know, wine for some of them can be used... but let's face true, wine is shit!
>>
For professional software. Most of the tools for designing a board are for windows , and even if there are alternatives they are not standard , and no pcb manufacturer will accept your files. CAD products too. Beside that and gaming , really no good reason.
>>
>>51913212
Yeah, professional software that only matters to a small percentage of professionals, but leave it to 4chan to flip out over it constantly and act like anyone who doesn't need so and so program or programming language for their job is unemployed.

I think it's just autism. You know "I want a job that needs that software, so everyone does"
>>
>>51913113
you'll earn friends and you'll stop being a virgin.
>>
>>51914687
Explain why the vast majority of furry and weeaboo pedophile virgins use windows then
>>
>>51914687
Tfw have a gf and friends and use gnu+linux
>>
>>51913248
What alternatives are there to Adobe products buddy
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.