[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I program and listen to music all day long and I don't play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: lappy.gif (2 MB, 297x351) Image search: [Google]
lappy.gif
2 MB, 297x351
I program and listen to music all day long and I don't play video games. Is the Macbook Pro right for me? Talk me out of getting the 13 inch Macbook Pro 256GB/8GB for Christmas. Portability and build quality are very important and the screen resolution is a huge plus. Is there even any competition at this level?
>>
Just get it. You won't get a better trackpad from a pc, which is pretty much all that matters when working without a dedicated mouse.
>>
>>51912008
The time to get a rMBP is pretty much over now. Laptops with Skylake Intel CPUs perform better and get much better battery life than any Macbook out now.
Programming isn't really good on Macs, but music and web browsing is a first class experience on Macs, lives up to the facebook machine reputation.
>>
OP here, I just decided to get one, at a reseller no less because they're less expensive there. Hold me /g/, as I feel the smug sense of superiority already flowing through my veins.
>>
File: logo.jpg (37 KB, 640x505) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
37 KB, 640x505
>>51912008
that depends, do you like hard dicks in your ass ? if so it's right for you
>>
Dell XPS 13. Same size screen yet smaller, carbon fiber chassis, 4k resolution available. Apple's Retina screens have fallen behind lately since they haven't improved since 2013.
>>
>>51912038
I agree 100% with this guy

the trackpdd and swipe gestures are amazing
>>
>>51913020
>Dell
Nope. At least Apple has the decency to say that you're going to get 2 years of warranty regardless in Europe. Dells tries to extract another 100 bucks for 2 years of warranty and when your laptop breaks in that 2 years time.. good fucking luck with that because you didn't pay the premium.
>>
>>51914275
>eurocuck
opinion discarded
>>
>>51914314
Oh fuck off. Dell is shit and you know it. Their customer "service" is poo in the loo tier. Had to deal with way too many Indian assholes when I worked at a large community college where they had in excess of 2400 Dell systems.

I don't even want to begin to imagine how bad their customer service is for the average customer.
>>
>>51914275
>At least Apple has the decency to say that you're going to get 2 years of warranty regardless in Europe.
It's 1yr in the US, and you have to shell out $249 for an extension on a 13" MBP.

>>51914402
If you get Pro Support or Premier Support, you get US-based support with shorter hold queues. Your shitty college fucked up by not having a Pro Support contract with at least NBD onsite service. With Apple you have to haul your shit down to a fucking store to get hardware work done, which is never fun. And then there's Apple's depot repair process, which I've had shit get lost in for weeks and then returned to me with no work done.
>>
>>51912008
Yes, get the Surface Book. It's better in any way. Built quality too.
>>
>Macbook Pros are now as affordable as the XPS, Spectre, Surface Book or even a mid-range Acer
What a time to be alive.
>>
File: 1448681638369.jpg (29 KB, 480x416) Image search: [Google]
1448681638369.jpg
29 KB, 480x416
>>51914275
>incapable of taking care of a laptop for more than a year
>>
>>51914275
>shitting on one of the best warranty providers in the IT world
Only on /g/.

Find me another company that replaces cheapo TFTs with a single stuck pixel.
>>
>>51913020
Might as well get the 15 inch version and 4k screen if he's willing to spend that much on a Mac book pro
>>
>>51918075
Just goes to show how worthless Apple products actually are.
>>
why would the resolution be such a big deal when anyone with a brain is going to leave it plugged into an external display to get any real work done?
>>
>>51912008
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2989740/laptop-computers/microsofts-surface-book-is-the-sleek-macbook-beating-laptop-youve-been-begging-for.html
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.