[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey virgins, What is a good laptop for a product designer? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: frame.png (40 KB, 664x533) Image search: [Google]
frame.png
40 KB, 664x533
Hey virgins,
What is a good laptop for a product designer? I use CAD, graphic design and video editing software for marketing. I currently have a Lenovo B50 but it can't render anything because it's a budget laptop. I need something with at least a Nvidia GT or Radeon R7 card for under £600. Is an i5 sufficient or will I need i7? See in pic related I can't even render the textures and it runs slow due to all the parts
>>
>>51910906
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

saged, reported, hidden, called the cops, called the FBI, called the NSA, called the chinese food place, cast 7 layers of protective spells over myself to protect my soulf from your cancerous thread and fucked your mother

gtfo subhuman worthless cockroach filthmonkey. You and your people will fall and nothing will save you, not your child raping prophet nor your false gods

you are nothing but trash and everything you touch is ruined by your taint

die
>>
>>51910906
>virgins
I may be a virgin but you can go ahead and waste your money.
>>
File: tumblr_m8htt3ODUN1qin0ds.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8htt3ODUN1qin0ds.png
104 KB, 320x287
>>51910939
>Some autist posts thread asking for vidya rig
>"Here let me show you how to increase your framerate from 150 to 9000 fps"
>Girl with a job asks for tech help
>"Fuck off faggot"
>>
>>51911056
why haven't you killed yourself? is the flesh around your wrist so soft and spongey a razor can't slice it open?

are you too fat to even reach? why not design yourself a brain that works better than a stroked out palsied meth addict?

no one cares about your do nothing job or your fat ugly face

leave and never come back
>>
>>Girl with a job asks for tech help
>>"Fuck off faggot"
Best "fuck off" reply ever, tho
>>
>>51910906
>Teehee silly boys I have a vagina!

>Do my research for me!

You are now aware you only have a job because the government gives your employer money to employ you, and your boss likes ogling your body.
>>
>>51911143
I'm self-employed dipshit. if you can't get laid don't blame it on positive discrimination.
>>
>>51911235
>le virgin meme
Do your own research, you entitled, insufferable numb cunt
>>
>>51910906
i don't see why your current laptop isn't good enough render such simple models as you pictured
>>
File: 1445239378174.jpg (1 MB, 1400x1728) Image search: [Google]
1445239378174.jpg
1 MB, 1400x1728
>>51911235
>>
>>51910939
Hello, friend! You must be new here :^)
>>
>>51911235
>can't afford a new laptop
>too stupid to use a desktop or do basic google searches
this must be a troll thread- if so, 10/10 you baited me hard as fuck and i want to buy you a drink
>>
>>51911302
Ironic coming from someone who can't recognise copypasta
>>
File: 1275928317728.jpg (1 MB, 870x1599) Image search: [Google]
1275928317728.jpg
1 MB, 870x1599
>>51910906
Just get a Surface Pro 4.
>>
>>51911256
Consider the following
I am self employed therefore need the internet to find out what others in the industry are using. The one business partner I have is a macfag and I don't want that. I didn't just turn up with no idea I know that an i7 and GTX machine will do the job I am just not sure if the much cheaper option of R7 and i5 will be sufficient. I don't know much about laptops I used to be a desktop person but I move around too much now.
>>51911276
I'm mystified too, even my desktop with an AMD FX 3.8 GHz takes a little while. I think CAD models are harder on the processor than vidya despite looking simpler. When I drew an axial fan the computer straight up crashed.
>>
>>51910906

>idea of what CG to get
>no of CPU

sure thing you do CAD, GD and video editing.

here is an hint for you: first CPU then, and only if your softs handle them right, GPU. If you don't get why you are either doing a gayming laptop (it's fine if you are honest) or are doing the shit wrong and shouldn't be there but learning why GPU first is shit.

Since you are new here: Welcome to 4chan, now get the fuck out.
>>
>>51910906

>idea of what CG to get
>no of CPU

sure thing you do CAD, GD and video editing.

here is an hint for you: first CPU then, and only if your softs handle them right, GPU. If you don't get why you are either doing a gayming laptop (it's fine if you are honest) or are doing the shit wrong and shouldn't be there but learning why GPU first is shit.

Since you are new here: Welcome to 4chan, now get the fuck out.
>>
>>51911369
no one cares, shitheel

all your answers are on google. now fuck off
>>
>>51911371
>>51911388
Well this exactly why I made this thread. I didn't know this. You are right I used to just play vidya I started the GD work about 2 years ago and I just used my old desktop which I want to replace with a laptop but I don't know what are optimum specs for a CAD machine because i'm used to vidya. As you noticed my thinking is still GPU centric.
>>
>>51910906
>product designer
Design-Bro: I'm applying for the same studies. What are the dos and don'ts for the portfolio?
>>
>>51911506
Choose your best project, don't waffle on, keep it concise is advice I got. I am not applying for a while because I want to get my business off the ground first. Good luck to you.
>>
>>51910906
Hey OP i do the same things as you do. I suggest to use a double setup, laptop for portability needs and desktop for hard work, is cheaper. Assemble a desktop with 700 and you're done, if you can't then quit using computers and go back to draw things on paper
>>
get a laptop with a quadcore i7. 9xxm would be preferable but you want 4x i7 for cad. then build a desktop with a 4xxx i7 and a cheap quadro (optional) because if you're going to do all your work on a laptop you're straight up regarded

good luck, also did people figure out girl from designing+tech illiterate or am I bad at reading
>>
>>51911624
>>51911581
My business partner does all his work on a Macbook. I prefer to work on the sofa, I bought a bad chair that fucked up my back (lumbago) and despite replacing it I have never been the same at a desk again. I would need some £300 orthopaedic solution so doctors advice is one of the reasons why I'm ditching the desktop. This is actually really hard for me, nobody loves desktops more than me but my back can't take it anymore.Thanks anyway.
> did people figure out girl from designing+tech illiterate or am I bad at reading
I mentioned it in passing, this was a mistake.because it derailed the thread but then again women shouldn't have to hide for fear of being bullied off the board.
>>
>>51911714
post tits
>>
>>51911714
you're getting bullied for being a lazy sack of shit, not for your vagina

what is wrong with your brain?
>>
>>51911714
no problem but
>work
>macbook
>cad
maybe you should tell your partner to come here so we could bully him off this board.
>>
>>51910906
Does your name start with an H?
>>
>>51911748
the word you're looking for starts with a W, mate
>>
I'd honestly say one of the heavier workstation thinkpad. I used one with solidworks for a long time without any problems.
>>
>>51911109
I love you
>>
>>51911773
Oh, okay. Thought you might be some chick I know who dabbles in this stuff.
>>
>>51911742
He doesn't do CAD, he uses Photoshop and Autodesk Maya. I don't think apple computers are bad they are just overpriced.
>>51911748
S
>>51911796
I was gravitating towards Lenovo, I was thinking the ideapad though. that 3D camera they put in seems a bit of a bloat gimmick though. I will look at the thinkpads
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.