[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm using Windows 7 that I've never updated, so that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: images.png (4 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4 KB, 298x169
I'm using Windows 7 that I've never updated, so that Micro$oft cannot spy on me. And I'm wondering about all those zero days that are unpatched, due to no Windows Update.

How easy would my system be to remotely exploit and deliver a payload to with Kali Linux by a skid that just has my IP address?
>>
>>51910243
just curious, why don't you use windows update? you could just install the "good" updates, like security-related stuff and skip all the telemetry bullshit etc.
there are lists of botnet KBs out there, just don't install those.
>>
>>51910295
Because I'm paranoid some earlier updates might have them. Or there's some kind of hidden link microsoft can use with WU to install telemetry on your machine. I really don't like that there is entire teams dedicated to search through tagged images ripped from every window's user's machine on Earth that fall under categories of terrorism and child exploitation. Which I have nothing to do with, but I still think that is a massive breech of privacy and it sickens me.
>>
>>51910243
>How easy would my system be to remotely exploit and deliver a payload to with Kali Linux by a skid that just has my IP address?

Still incredibly difficult
>>
>>51910243
>so microsoft cannot spy on me
You're still using windows you idiot, unless you have the soure code, microsoft always spies on you.
>>
>>51910366
n-no
>>
Just use a hardened linux install and set up fail2ban and iptables
>>
>>51910389
I NEED gta online though. I'm a NEET and it entertains me.
>>
>>51910412
>I'm a NEET and it entertains me.

Then don't worry

Nobody is going to waste using a 0day on some random faggot
>>
>>51910423
ok goody
>>
>How easy would my system be to remotely exploit and deliver a payload to with Kali Linux by a skid that just has my IP address?

Well they still have to get to your system and penetrate it so not that easy really. Most zero days involve you executing something, like a java applet or something through flash. If you keep UAC enabled and aren't a fucking retard than you wont run anything that would carry a zero day exploit.
>>
>>51910433
That being said you should take a look at your potential attack surface. Windows itself is very secure it's usually what you install that they use to execute attacks

like >>51910441
said
>>
>>51910243
Easy as fuck.
I can run XSS(Beef) attack and deliver a custom payload.
>how can I prevent this
Don't click on shady/shortened links
And turn off JavaScript in your browser.
>>
>>51910317
>Because I'm paranoid some earlier updates might have them.
Anon, you are using proprietary software. You can't just just "outsmart" Microsoft and configure windows in a way that you will be sure you are not spied on. The moment you run someone's unknown code(especially in kernel mode) you lose.

>>51910412
Then set up dual boot. Install some simple linux distro along side windows and use windows only for games. It doesn't matter if you run Windows 10 with all telemetry on while playing games, as long as you don't login to mail or bank account on it and keep linux on encrypted partition, you are secure.
Anyway don't use outdated Windows 7 because even if Microsoft won't spy on you, someone else will do and you won't have to wait for Microsoft security breach to get your data used against you.
>>
>>51910243
>I'm using Windows 7 that I've never updated, so that Micro$oft cannot spy on me.
[smirks]
>>
>>51913777
[unsheathes katana]
>>
>>51913085
>The moment you run someone's unknown code(especially in kernel mode) you lose.

unless you don't let it connect to the internet, ofc.
>>
>>51913777
>>51913988
[Checks em']
>>
>>51910243
just install the botnet on windows, if they want to spy on you then they can just use your unpatched security holes. Just use linux as your day to day driver and windows for games. That way the only thing the spyware will give away and expose to leaks and criminals is the games you use. Possibly the credit card you use to buy the games. As long as you use windows they will spy on you anyway. the telemetry shit is just openly spying.
>>
File: poorfish.jpg (86 KB, 660x526) Image search: [Google]
poorfish.jpg
86 KB, 660x526
>>51910243
yes if you system is left unpatched it's easy to hack into it. Instead of using windows, please read the sticky on how to install and use a proper operative system
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.