[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
budget phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
What do you think of Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML?
>>
>>51910084
It's a good phone, but the lack of updates is not a good sign.
>>
>>51910757
there were few minor updates, Asus confirmed Android 6 in testing for this device.

I have a problem on mine sometimes, the seconds SIM gets disconnected, otherwise great phone.
>>
>>51910792
We are still on Android 5.0, that's bad. Asus should at least jump to a new Android version like 5.1 already.
>>
>>51910811
IIRC the lack of updates was because intel released the 64bit version of 5.1 only a month ago
>>
>>51910792
They also promised 5.1 any day now, then gave up and said they'd skip to 6 which is pretty pathetic

ZenUI actually isn't that bad once you hide / remove all the garbage apps, but I think that's because it has the power to brute force through the crud.

It's also gone for more like $160 with jewpons, which is a steal
>>
File: angry rage.jpg (4 KB, 119x126) Image search: [Google]
angry rage.jpg
4 KB, 119x126
>>51910084
>ROM
>Read only Media

wat.
>>
>>51910811
>>51910842

I agree I was also eager to see 5.1 but at least they are not abandoing it and giving it 6.0.

Regarding the 64-bit, yes this could be the reason, so they tossed the 5.1 all together and focused on 6.0 instead.
>>
>>51910942
Honestly Asus are just shit at updates. Older models were lucky to get a single major version
>>
>>51910856
nobody would recognize a more correct term such as Flash RAM or NVRAM, though they probably don't know what ROM is either, so whatever
>>
>>51910084
>$200
>budget phone
pick one.
>>
>>51912007
Poorfag please go
>>
Lenovo K3 note and Xiaomi Redmi Nore 2 are both much better choices
>>
>>51912156
shillfag pls pay real advertising companies for your advertisements.
>>
>>51910942
This is what Asus always does anon. They release an out of date device with the 'promise' they'll update it, eventually the next Android sweet comes out and Asus says they're going to skip straight to that one. And then they never do and device gets no OS updates at all.
I think they maybe delivered once on that skipped update BS and it was over a year after they announced it and the update wound up being buggy and broken as fuck.

If you aren't going to put CM on it then don't bother buying an Asus product.
>>
Just bought the low end version 2gb/16gb. Sub $300 CAD

Bloatware is annoying but removable.

Battery charge seems kinda long, but can't complain.

Though size would be an issue but it's not. Definitely manageable.

I'm coming from a Samsung galaxy s2 that dies almost instantaneously, so anything is an improvement.

I'm definitely satisfied with my purchase.
>>
Really nice budget performance phone. Battery life is bad but can be improved by locking the CPU frequency to 600-1,200 Mhz (requires root app).
>>
>>51910084

The best budget Androids are the Zenfone2 Laser(removable battery/SD card for $200) or the Blu Life One X(nice 1080p screen at 5.2", only costs $150)
>>
>>51912704
>Laser has removable battery, more efficient SOC, better camera
>551 has better screen and more ram
Fug. Hopefully they combine everything to make the perfect device for the Z3, and keep it cheap too
>>
I was looking at getting one of these, saw it at staples and wasn't really interested in the thing. They didn't have it powered so I couldnt test it out. It looked nice but felt kinda cheesie. Maybe I should take another look.
>>
>>51914039
The design is pretty half assed. Button placement is shit, plastic has ugly seams etc

But it's still a nice phone to have. Upgraded from a Galaxy S3, no regrets
>>
>>51914181
Yeah it kinda felt like that in the hand.

I ended up with a Moto G 3rd gen, its nice and way better than the older one. Battery life is decent. Only thing I'm nervous about it lack of updates like Asus. Lenovo isn't exactly known for timely updates.
>>
Xperia M4 Aqua niggers
>>
>>51915548
Dual sim not available here, gone to Asus.
>>
T-mobile LG G Stylo. I stress T-Mobile or MetroPCS because any other carrier has the worse version.

>Snapdragon 410
>2gb ram
>3k mah battery
>720p 5.7" screen
>Android 5.1 out of the box.
>XDA has working root and custom recovery so custom ROMs and Cyanogenmod won't be far behind if that is what you want.
>easily a full day and a half of constant use in 4G LTE.

Bought it for $180 outright. The non stupidly high res screen and slower processor all help with battery life. Not to mention LG come preloaded with lime the least amount of garbage too.
>>
>>51910084
I like the Laser line more especially the ZE601KL
>>
>>51910084
A friend of mine has the cheaper one, it's a meme, in fact it's shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.