[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft Garage's Connections App for Android Quietly Released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: icon.png (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
29 KB, 300x300
https://archive.is/1wTMa
>>
File: unnamed[1].png (134 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[1].png
134 KB, 506x900
>Connections, a Microsoft Garage project, helps you better manage your relationship with your contacts - be it friends, family, customers, vendors or suppliers. It helps you capture and surface important information so that you can be organized and prepared. Notes, Reminders, Categories & Sharing are just a start - but we aim to keep listening to feedback and improving the app so that we provide enough context to all your interactions.
>>
File: unnamed[2].png (163 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[2].png
163 KB, 506x900
>>Why use Connections?
>Note down information you want to remember for a contact right after meeting or calling them
>Set reminders for each contact so you get reminded with info on exactly whom to follow-up
>View the last note even before answering someone's phone call
>Categorize your contacts with tags for easy search
>Add pictures from your phone gallery so you can have visual notes and reminders
>Share notes along with related contact information like name & phone number

>>Some quotes from early users:
>"The app helped me remember things I needed to speak to when my wife called! Thank you! :)"
>"I run a business & used the app to set reminders for following up on payments"
>"I can now note down quotes I gave for new enquiries.No need to note them down on paper anymore!"
>"I used to carry a diary to remember customer orders, but now I can do it per customer on Connections."

>>Connections (http://aka.ms/connections) is one of our latest experiments at making people with smartphones be more productive on the move. We value your feedback on the app, and would continue to evolve the product based on your inputs. So, do try the app and let us know what you think!

>>Microsoft Garage turns fresh ideas into real projects. Learn more at microsoft.com/garage
>>By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions: https://archive.is/A7RXn

>>What's New
>Create notes regarding a contact right after meeting or calling them
>Set reminders for each contact
>View the last note even before answering someone's phone call
>Categorize your contacts with tags for easy search
>Add pictures from your phone gallery for visual notes and reminders
>Share notes which go with respective contact information like name & phone
>>
File: unnamed[3].png (203 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[3].png
203 KB, 506x900
Permissions:
>Version 1.0 can access:
>>Contacts
>read your contacts
>modify your contacts

>>SMS
>read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
>receive text messages (SMS)

>>Phone
>directly call phone numbers
>reroute outgoing calls
>read call log

>>Photos/Media/Files
>modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
>read the contents of your USB storage

>>Device ID & call information
>read phone status and identity

>>Other
>document storage
>receive data from Internet
>view network connections
>full network access
>draw over other apps
>control vibration
>>
File: unnamed[4].png (230 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[4].png
230 KB, 506x900
>Updated: December 16, 2015

>Size: 8.6M

>Installs: 50 - 100

>Current Version: 1.0

>Requires Android: 4.4 and up
>>
File: unnamed[6].png (181 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[6].png
181 KB, 506x900
/g/, what do you think of this new app?

Captcha: current year
>>
>>51909592
>>51909603
>>51909617
>>51909625
>>51909632
DESIGNATED
>>
>>51909678
SHITTING

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
>>
Nice, I've been wanting to make something like this myself but never had the time.

Where do I get it?
>>
>>51909816
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/microsoft-corporation/connections/connections-1-0-android-apk-download/
>>
Their garage apps are pretty cool but this one is useless to me.
>>
Are people really that paranoid about visiting the Play Store now?
>>
>>51909966
>implying
This app is just released without any prior announcement.
>>
I though it was a lastfm application.
>>
>>51909966
can't find it from my phone
>>
>this app is not compatible with any of your devices

what the fuck?

I got a phone and a tablet, what the fuck am I supposed to own to install it?
>>
It requires to input my phone number and wait for a confirmation message, into the trash it goes
>>
>>51910160
See
>>51909835
>>
>>51910269
see >>51910218
>>
>>51910218
>wait for a confirmation message
Please post the screenshot of that message if received.
>>
>>51910612
the thing is that the message never comes
>>
>>51909589
This is the kind of app I would expect from a startup, not a big corporation like Microsoft.

Smells fishy, as in NSA fishy
>>
bamp
>>
>>51909589
This looks interesting, but I doubt anyone would use it because they're used to the apps they have
>>
>>51909589
Thought that was the Last.fm logo at first.
>>
>>51910995
>>51909973
This is Microsoft *Garage*, as in projects their interns did and other unpolished ideas.
>>
>>51910186
a life
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.