[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>least favourite Windows OS windows visa by far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: anoncat.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
anoncat.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>least favourite Windows OS

windows visa by far
>>
>>51908817
Windows 10 is the new Vista. Heavy PR, bugged, MUH GUI.
So, Windows 10. At least today it's possible to use Vista.
>>
Windows 98 was not nearly as dank as Win 95 thbq
>>
>>51908840
Agree
>>
Windows ME.

Win10 (other than privacy issues), is something great. If you don't need a posix shell it's hard to beat.
>>
Win 10
Vista
All else are great
>>
>>51908817
windows mastercard was even worse
>>
windows passport was really good
>>
>>51908817
Least favorite in order
>10
>8
>Vista
>ME
>>
everything pre windows 2000, xp, 8, 10

and i can hardly stand 7 since that win 10 upgrade shit

so that leaves 2k and vista as the GOAT ms OS's also their embedded and server OS are generally tolerable
>>
File: 1448475440822.jpg (772 KB, 1197x1228) Image search: [Google]
1448475440822.jpg
772 KB, 1197x1228
Windows 1995 senpai desu
>>
Windows 10 is like the Candy Crush Saga of operating systems. Feels freemium. Can't use it.
>>
Windows maestro
>>
Im about to have a legit fucking nervous breakdown caused by the utter steaming pile of dogshit that is windows 10

NOTHING works and when it works actually trying to use it is so god damn crippled that its about to literally land me a 1st degree brain aneurysm
>>
Any osx, how can you not have something akin to windows explorer? playskool tier OS for sure.
>>
>>51908867
This. Holy shit, they pretty much took Windows 98 and ruined it then released Windows 2k/XP to solve everything.
>>
vista sp1 no updates is very good for old laptops and pcs, easily configurable, no bullshits and very low resource demanding
>>
anything post 7

ME was kind of pointless

vista was shitty until it got stable
>>
Windows ME
vista is a close second

95 was the best for its respective time period
>>
>>51908817
wtf i also have that cat
>>
Worst

Windows 10
Windows ME
Windows 8
Windows 8.1

Compared to those vista was actually okay.
>>
>All these fags saying 10 just because it's new.
>In 5 years, they'll be saying, without irony, that "WINDOWS 10 WAS THE BEST GUYS, WINDOWS 11 SUCKS DICK, WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK".

You autists are fucking predictable man.

>I look forward to the replies where you faggots tell me I'm wrong and how you knew Windows 10 was somehow shit the whole time.
>>
>>51911375
Except that win xp and win 7 were well received at launch.
>>
>>51908817
I had to install every Windows OS from XP to Win8.1 on virtual machines (Win10 is already my main OS) for my job (for debug and all), and here is my classement so far:

Win10: Win8 as it was meant to be, with Win7 elements (inb4 botnet)
Win7
Win8.1 (fixed Win8 with improvement, but still too much oriented toward tablets)
Win XP: seemed great when Ihad it, but now it feels too old
Win8
Win Vista: absolute trash in my opinion

I also tried to install Win98 for the lulz, and I couldn’t prevent the installer from crashing. Well, I guess that was God’s way of saying “don’t do that” (inb4 aggressive atheists, I’m Buddhist and I don’t care about God)
>>
>>51909856
>obviousbait.gif
>>
>>51908817
>>
>>51911529
>inb4 aggressive atheists
Well, fuck Buddha then.
>>
>>51911375

>Implying 10 isn't intended to be the final version
>>
>>51909867
It actually has candy crush saga preinstalled.
>>
>>51911422
>Except that win xp and win 7 were well received at launch.
Erm, alright? That explains why people were reluctant to leave 2000 and XP, respectively.

Windows 10 was received very positively in the media as well as by most consumers. It's just the same old crowd that doesn't like change, still screaming at things to stay the same.
>>
>>51908817
XP. By the time it finally died it had been decaying for so long that the smell was unsettling the neighbours.

I have good memories from ME, but looking back at it now it wasn't all that great.
>>
>>51912539

I'm aware Microsoft is intending to use Windows 10 as the 'final Windows' a la Mac OS X, however' I was using "WINDOWS 11" as reference since things can change and we're not certain on how Microsoft plans on handling these updates in detail.
>>
ME was a nightmare. Performence-wise, it's probably the worst.

8 was some of the worst design descisions ever. It's hard to believe ms didn't know pc's weren't tablets.

10 is miles ahead of both of these, but it feels like freemium trash.
The ui is fine, but you should be able to uninstall/install any app/program you want without some workaround.
Mandatory updates are unnecessary, just have auto on by default and make it an option to turn them off. That way grandmas pc still gets security patches, and I don't have to install pointless updates.
The telemetry stuff is an insult to anyone who isn't an idiot. I understand that it's a great way to make money, but that shit should be opt-in, nat opt-out. I shouldn't have to steal the enterprise version of free software just to get a reasonable form of it.
>>
File: 1404485384796.jpg (25 KB, 393x380) Image search: [Google]
1404485384796.jpg
25 KB, 393x380
>>51913130
Kek
>>
>>51909863
I want to lick and sniff her soles and play with her butt
>>
All of them.
>>
Definitely 10. Windows has been bad before, but never such a vicious piece of spying equipment.
>>
My worst memories by far are of vista, which probably has something to do with being at an age where i didn't own a laptop or smartphone, and borrowing relatives bloated cancerous desktops while visiting them
>>
All I know is that XP is the best and I wish I could go back.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.