[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just booted up my machine and it says I'm using over 12
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: whatthefuck.png (3 MB, 3744x1080) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.png
3 MB, 3744x1080
I just booted up my machine and it says I'm using over 12 GB of RAM, I literally have nothing open but Task Manager, what is going on with my machine guys?
>>
>>51908797
what antivirus etc. do you have?
>>
>>51908865
Just the default one in Windows 10
>>
Botnet
Run some scans. Preferably full scans and check network usage
>>
>>51908797
>Win10
Seems normal to me.
>>
>>51908911
Malwarebytes still a pretty good scan? I have the free version, probably last time I did a full scan was like 6 months ago..
>>
>>51908797
Task manager literally has a function where you can see what processes are taking up the most ram. Try harder.
>>
Windows 10 is running their spyware because you are not running anything else at the moment. A Windows user once tried to excuse me with "idle RAM is a waste of RAM". So it is used to "collect personal information" like it says in the terms and conditions you signed when you installed Windows 10. It is supposed to somehow make Windows 10 better in the future. Hope you don't have data caps because the infor will also be sent to Microsoft.

To avoid a huge part of the botnet you can disable many parts of it with scripts and configurations.

>>51908984
Malwarebytes won't remove Windows 10
>>
>>51908797
Share the wallpaper, please.
>>
File: right.png (2 MB, 1919x1078) Image search: [Google]
right.png
2 MB, 1919x1078
>>51909034
>>
>>51908797
>boot up my linux machine uses 128 mb ram feels good

stop using shitty win10 go back to 7 at least
>>
File: left.png (2 MB, 1922x1078) Image search: [Google]
left.png
2 MB, 1922x1078
>>51909034
>>
>>51908911
>Botnet

I don't think botnets use that much ram lmao.
>>
File: tryingharder.png (2 MB, 3744x1080) Image search: [Google]
tryingharder.png
2 MB, 3744x1080
>>51909000
Yea, I looked at that, total apps don't even come close to adding up to ~12 GB..
>>
>>51908911
Just completed the recommended scan through the free version of Malwarebytes and it detected nothing so yea, thanks for the tip though.
>>
>>51909211
Add columns "Working Set" and "Private Bytes" to the task manager, sort by largest, post screenshot.
>>
aыы лмao
>>
Could it be prefetch?
>>
>>51909252
Looks like the option to show this information in Windows 10 was removed, can't view anymore columns.
>>
>>51909333
Sounds like an Indian Botnet.
>>
>>51909473
oh shit the dreaded LOO_POO.exe
>>
>>51909290
abibi may laught his ass off all he likes.
>>
OP here on different device.

So I just shut down my PC and now it's been like 5 minutes and the computer hasn't shut down yet, it's still fucking on yet displaying nothing on my monitors.

Is my PC broke?
>>
>>51909642
yer fuqqd
>>
>>51909206
Windows 10 does the massive dump to the NSA on boot up...
>>
Ram miner.
>>
>>51909642
So now I'm going to have to fucking have to manually turn off my computer, which makes me cringe each fucking time. What the fuck, this is 2015, I'm using the latest fucking OS and yet still suffering from the same problems that have been around since I was a kid. Fuck Microsoft, I should have bought a Mac instead of building my own machine.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51909642
You can resolve this issue by installing gentoo.

/thread
>>
>>51908797
Windows 10 is what's going m8...
>>
It's the caching system in Windows. It basically loads up your most used apps / files in the RAM so its way faster to access them. Or when you double click your chrom it opens instantaneously (which in chrome world means less than 30 seconds)
>>
>>51909840
12GB mate?
>>
>>51909848
12 GB. Most viruses try to keep memory usage to a minimum in order to not arouse suspicion. You could also get a process viewer that is more detailed from the net, you could have a memory leak in a driver.
>>
>>51909333
Download sysinternals, run processexplorer, post scrot
>>
Windows may be scanning your system before doing an update. It likes to hog memory for that.
>>
Download RAMMAP, simple program, should help
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.