[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone say for sure if Microsoft isn't putting thei
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: net_framework.jpg (26 KB, 640x202) Image search: [Google]
net_framework.jpg
26 KB, 640x202
Can anyone say for sure if Microsoft isn't putting their botnet shit into their .net framework?
>>
You will be subject to someone's botnet regardless if it's not Microsoft's
>>
>>51907276
It is not explicitly stated in the terms and conditions like in Windows 10 at least.
>>
>>51907276
How do you know that your compiler isn't compiling botnet code into your programs? :^)

How do you know that whatever libraries have a botnet inside them? :^)
>>
>>51907276
>Tinfoil Hat Syndrome
>>
>>51909115
Some people don't use proprietary compilers and libraries.
>>
>>51907276
No one would develop for it if they would
And you can also use Mono
>>
>>51909147
>Some people don't use proprietary compilers and libraries.

How do you know there isn't a few lines of backdoor sneaked in? Did you read through all of the sourcecode and monitor any additions over the years?
>>
>>51909184
That is regularly done. Just read the sourcecode, any sneaky behaviour would be catched right away.
>>
>>51909208
>That is regularly done

I highly doubt someone reads through 30k+ LOC.

I'm guessing most people just say "Hey it's opensources so it's safe, someone would have surely caught the backdoor if it existed" and then no one actually does.
>>
>>51909227
Its enough to review new commits when they show up.

>and then no one actually does.
For any big project there's always a bunch of interested people that take a closer look.
>>
>>51909115
Because I use Linux and everything is open source.
>>
>>51909273

>pretending the intelligence community can't make invisible backdoors
>>
>>51909208

>catched

niqqa, its caught
>>
>>51911200
They are normal humans that have to follow the laws of physics like the rest. They are not magical creatures you conspiratorial nut. A botnet would likely also be noticed during usage and not only in code. But the code would be highly visible and just random code nobody knows what does would not be added to the project.
>>
>>51911272

yeah thats how remote code execution "bugs" arent present in open source software. shellshock wasn't in your fucking system for 26 years. and nobody in the world could ever build something like this artificially. holy shit are you stupid
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.