[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT things you shouldn't be doing but are doing anyway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-16-19-48-41.png (607 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-16-19-48-41.png
607 KB, 1080x1920
ITT things you shouldn't be doing but are doing anyway

>and it only took it 2 days to blue screen
>>
ur mum fagget
>>
>>51906205
nice meme faggot
>>
Ive been too lazy to replace my Inspirons dead battery, so everytime the charger falls out the laptop just shuts off. Recently it's had to repair my HDD when turning back on. A replacement battery isn't expensive but my ancestors survived the holocaust.
>>
>phone posting

absolutely disgusting, agreed, you shouldn't be doing it.
>>
What exactly is the problem here? What shouldn't you be doing?
>>
>>51906205
wallpaper ?
>>
>>51906496
let alone why that would cause it to blue screen
>>
>Knob and tube to techbestos UF spiced with electrical tape hanging from the basement ceiling

It's been like that for 45 years, its a wonder my house hasn't burnt down yet.
>>
>my company uses nodejs and mongo in production environments

I love it, feels so dirty.
>>
Attempting to clone my windows 7 from hard drive to SSD. Not going very well, and the process is tedious enough that I think I'll just go buy a fresh copy of windows instead. Def not supposed to pay for Windows but fuck it money grows on trees.
>>
>>51906444
this. go back to the mall, valley girl.
>>
>>51906205
I don't see the problem here. I do that since forever, and my outlets aren't even grounded
>>
Going to put a build on CL. It has a HDD showing 3 reallocated sectors. Thinking of not mentioning it since it hasn't gone anywhere since i received it in that state a few weeks ago.
>>
>>51906829
Maybe if all the outlets on the bars were used it would trip a breaker, but in the drawing they're clearly not. OP is stupid
>>
>>51906684
I'm so jealous. I love node and js in general because it's got that, "dear god, this is such a stupid language but watch me make it do cool stuff" appeal, plus the asynchronous which can get really out of hand if you let it.

It's like getting paid to write enterprise business logic in brainfuck
>>
>>51906876
As long as you stay below the amperage rating for each consecutive power strip you are OK, also accounting for extra resistance at the plug.

The problem comes when you have strips rated for less than the breaker. Say you have a 15 amp circuit, and a power strip rated for 10A. You could potentially overload the strip with a space heater and never trip the breaker, but the strip may fail and cause a fire.

It just gets easier the more strips you have plugged into each other.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (61 KB, 1181x567) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
61 KB, 1181x567
>>51906205
?

>100% stable going on 4 years
>>
>>51906205
Living.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.