[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red-Pill me on BGP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: weev is a faggot.png (79 KB, 587x465) Image search: [Google]
weev is a faggot.png
79 KB, 587x465
does anyone here actually understand the internet, and could maybe shed light on this?

Weev thinks the US can fuck ISIS by the US government forcing ISPs to announce bullshit routes. The counter argument seems to be that ISPs outside the US will just start blocking announcements from US ISPs.
Weev seems to argue back, that's not feasible for them to do.

what say you?

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/15/heres-why-trump-is-right-about-shutting-down-parts-of-the-internet/
>>
>>51905207
>the internet
He probably means facebook and twitter communities because that is all they are using.
>>
>>51905207
>breitbart

There's your problem.
>>
The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.

There's no easy way to remove internet access to an entire region Trump is just pandering.
>>
>>51905207
You can do it. China does it.

You shouldn't do it regardless.
>>
>>51905207
this is...i dont even know how to express it. i love milo, he hits the nail on the head with every other thing he writes about, but then pens this article that essentially requires massive government overreach to implement...just...what the fuck.
>>
>le redpill me XD

holy shit you got called out in the last thread, go back to fucking /pol/ you underage tool
>>
>>51905207
Weev is a fucking retard. Breitbart is not a reliable news source.
>>
profoundly idiotic. correct me if i'm wrong, but if just one upstream provider doesn't heed the announcement, then the whole thing falls apart. and what's president trump going to do then? announce that he wants to nullroute them as well?

the author of the article seems to be reading a lot into what someone who has no idea about technology said. what makes him think that trump knows what BGP is? he doesn't. he's just saying it because he thinks it'll make people pay attention to him
>>
>>51905414
He's wrong on most things. Definitely best breitbart writer, but still wrong on most things.
>>
>>51905414
If You Like Milo, You're Going to LOVE "Everyone Else!"

His existence is the faint rumbling that you hear yet further below the ground when you find yourself already at the very nadir of journalism.
>>
>>51905414
Milo is a dipshit, he should stick to video games and sucking dick.
>>
>>51905207
>breitbart
Wow, how can one site be so based? Thank you OP for giving me this link! They're saying exactly what I've been thinking!
>>
>>51905207
Take your campaigning back to /pol/. You're idiot couldn't even bother to ask someone to make his ISIS internet shutdown plan not sound retarded before announcing it.
>>
Muslims do more damage to themselves every time they speak. Give them all the rope they need to hang themselves. We shouldn't grease ourselves for the slippery slope of banning everything we don't like.
>>
why censor this way? Just block all internet communications from ISIS controlled areas from bordering regions. As for wireless communications jammer drones covering large spectrum.
>>
File: 1400193731343.jpg (49 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1400193731343.jpg
49 KB, 780x780
>>
>>51905327
CNN shill detected.
>>
>>51905333
doesn't having to route around the US become a problem? who's to say the UK wouldn't join in?

>>51905414
Milo is a neo-con. there is just no way of getting around that.

>>51905442
I wasn't in that thread. I thought about posting in it but is was all just shit posters like you.

>>51905454
he's a douche, I wouldn't go as far as retarded.

>>51905587
I'm not campaigning . I'm not even planning on voting in the Primaries.

>>51905485
they can choose to block routes announced by US ISPs, but then they don't get to go through the US.
>>
>>51905762
It's run by retarded fuckwits who run things like "Jihad watch".

CNN is trash, too, but for different reasons.
>>
>>51905752
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51905752
stay dry pupper
>>
>>51905728
an isis controlled copper exchange can just tunnel through a non-us country. This idea is just insane.
>>
>>51905774
>doesn't having to route around the US become a problem? who's to say the UK wouldn't join in?
I think they would probably just make their own internet link that routes through Africa or something. These people have their own oil fields they're not poor nor are they dumb.
>>
File: 1369183503238.gif (2 MB, 169x127) Image search: [Google]
1369183503238.gif
2 MB, 169x127
>>51905207
>does anyone here actually understand the internet,

Well, no one really understands it. All we know is that it is a series of tubes, and that hackers on steroids are lurking behind every single one of those tubes, waiting to drain your bank accounts, rape your children, get them addicted to marijuana or other dangerous narcotics, get them to join ISIS or other liberal cults, somehow blow up shit (especially vans) by hacking, overthrow the American Government who is actually the mastermind behind this nefarious shit anyway, etc. It's pretty much a sign that Jesus is coming again soon to rapture the Church.

So anyway Trump is a very smart man (he's made a million dollars more than once) and he knows that the best way to fight the Internet Hate Machine is to call up Bill Gates and tell him to pull the fucking plug. Bill Gates, and not Al Gore contrary to popular belief is who created the Internet, and who controls it, so it's just fucking amazing that no one has thought to ask him to intervene yet, but Trump is a smart fellow, like I say.

Once Bill Gates pulls the plug, and trump assumes the highest political office in the world, Big Government will go running for cover, and they'll leave alone out crazy checks, disability benefits, social security, guns, and bibles for a while at least, which they've been trying to get their hands on for decades so they can give it all to niggers, Mexicans, faggots, feminists, and other leftist Islamo-nazis who think they are entitled to fucking everything. Praise Jesus!
>>
>>51905207
>does anyone here actually understand the internet, and could maybe shed light on this?
I can.

What this says is "ISPs could start blocking their customers' communications with people in Syria". Well, yes they could; China does similar things with it's nation-wide Great Firewall. It would not be perfect --knowledgeable folk could circumvent this by cooperating with people outside the firewall-- but it would certainly complicate matters.

The whole thing about routes is a red herring and makes no difference. It's just a particular kind of ISP-level block.
>>
>>51906159
I think it's time for Bill Gates to track down the location of Steve Jackson Games' infamous server hosted on Tor tubes, where Steve and his followers spread hacking manuals to Muslim cyberpunks.
>>
/g/ libtards confirmed for anally annihilated by He Who Cannot Be Stumped
>>
>>51905752
>>51906316
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51906383

It's okay, GIBS ME DAT. You can feel the Bern all you want.
>>
>>51905752
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51906316
>libtards
I bet most of /g/ doesn't even vote. In all these threads, you can hardly see some other politician being defended or praised.
You think just because you fell for one meme, everybody who criticizes it must have fallen for that other meme.
>>
>>51905876
that's why I'm saying get those bordering with direct communications to serve (digitally not literally) the links. A little political pressure can do wonders.
>>
>>51905207
That's absolutely accurate. It's basically like cutting the fiber cables, only at layer 3 (IP) instead of layer 1 (physical gear). If you refused BGP announcements from the US you'd lose access to Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft, and every other American-headquartered organization's network.
>>
>>51905333
Pretty sure you could remove the Internet to a region if you had control over the region's DNS servers.
>>
>>51905752
pls cuck me donny
>>
>>51907212
That would stop people until they find other servers it wouldn't do anything long term. That would require that the US had control of the region also.
>>
Terrorists could get around the block in 5 seconds using a proxy. This plan will only piss off normies that like western culture and media. But if he means shutting down an entire county's internet, that could be useful.
>>
>>51907176
i'm sure that losing access to facebook unless using a VPS or satellite internet would be a big blow to ISIS because if there's one thing that the islamic state hates it's being mildly inconvenienced for all of 5 minutes
>>
>>51905752
pls cuck me donny
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.