[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ Storytime: Please Talking about computers edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (7 KB, 157x132) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
7 KB, 157x132
>on break at work
>guy giving another coworker laptop advice
>listen in silently
>starts talking about some Dell for $200-something
>ok, that's cool. Other guys a normie, he doesn't need much.
>starts talking about his new "build"
>"yeah, I'm gonna put 64gb ddr4 RAM in it, and an i7"
>ask him what the hell he plans to do with 64gb RAM
>"programming"
>mfw

He went on to talk out his ass for a few minutes about am unspecified "Ray-don" graphics card, getting 4 monitors, how he does "programming maintenence" for the local PD, and how his current PC (apparently a Dell all in one) is slow, because he has a "bigass 23" monitor"

By that point, it was pretty obvious he was a normie posing as a tech savvy guy. I just made him feel inadequate, by asking some basic questions that he couldn't answer about the components in his current PC and upcoming build, and went on for a bit about Bulldozer vs Sandy bridge in terms of IPC, and asked his thoughts on Zen. Needless to say, he got pretty quiet.

I would've called him out, but I figured this way, he'd be a little humbled and maybe go home and do some actual research, or maybe I could even take him under my wing and introduce him to the hobby.

Anyone else had encounters, such as this?
>>
I have issues like this quite often around customers and even my coworkers but, I have realize it gets me absolutely no where to call people out.

It kinda reversed humbled me, if you will. Needless to say, I just play dumb to stuff now. It's better actually because then if someone actively asks me a question, its more satisfying to have it out of absolutely no where.

I avoid people and being personable that way as much as I can even though I'm in a customer service oriented job.
>>
>>51905002
This. It's more convenient to hide your power level amongst muggles. Otherwise you become the creepy designated tech support guy.
>>
>>51904938
after I made him look like an unknowledgeable normie in front of some other guy I don't even know, he proceeded to go home and have actual sex with his girlfriend, whilst I went home and played with my new bulldozer processor. life is soo sweet.
>>
>>51905255
You really think a manlet that feels he needs to bullshit in public about computers to impress people has a gf?

Come on, anon.
>>
>what're you gonna use this ridiculous PC with quad-sli 980ti's, a 5960X, and 64gb DDR4 ram, anon!?
>looks up slowly
>tips cap bill back
>stares into the distance
>"...programming..."
>>
Heh guys remember that one time...

Yeah....
He didn't know shit...
Normies....
Calling him out....
Yeah....
Hahhhahhahhahah
>>
>>51905975
10/10 story, friend :^)
>>
When some neckbeard in my CS class talks about how he's into hacking and shows no proof. I proceeded to show him how I was able to hack into our grading system. He shit his pants. Also, the time when some fag told me he hacked someone's Minecraft account and I asked him his he did it and told me "I was just able to with this tool." I just let it go...
>>
>>51904938
I love when people talk about tech, because it means I can sneak out for a quick fap.
>>
>>51906248
I hacked into my high school and turned the sprinklers on dude, then I was like roof must have a leak and keked.
>>
>>51906248
>>51906306

Hackerman detected
>>
>>51906306
if you were a real hacker, you could hack the gibson
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.