[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iPhone 7 expectrations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: iphone.jpg (44 KB, 1020x680) Image search: [Google]
iphone.jpg
44 KB, 1020x680
What would you like to see in the iPhone 7?
>>
>>51904095
Their owners not eating shit from their hands.
>>
Android
>>
the timely implosion of a company that lost the only driving force it ever had besides meme-tier brand loyalty
>>
File: 1449856755388.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1449856755388.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>>51904095
More fired employees from actually good companies who end up making applel joke products.
>>
>>51904095
ITT autistic neckbeards hating apple to be different
I'd like to see it stay with the same aesthetic aluminum backing. I'm considering switching back from android to it.
>>
>>51904095
>removable battery
>stereo speakers
>home widgets
>a new and better design
>new colors (blue sky, green lime and galactic purple)
>new functions on the home buttom
>modular components (I don't care if they are Apple exclusive components like A9 chips or beats speakers, I want a modular phone with iOS
>>
File: welcome to 2012.jpg (468 KB, 2157x1471) Image search: [Google]
welcome to 2012.jpg
468 KB, 2157x1471
Android features from 2014.
>>
>>51904278
>(blue sky, green lime and galactic purple)
> (blue sky, green lime and galactic purple)
Are you literally a child ?
>>
File: 1449976255108.jpg (78 KB, 750x558) Image search: [Google]
1449976255108.jpg
78 KB, 750x558
>>51904095
The same thing as last year.
>>
>>51904244
The apple case is the superior design between those two.

Realistic wants
>usbc
>better battery life
>OLED panel

Honestly the iPhone has pretty much been perfected aside from those three things and is so far ahead of Android competitors it's a joke really.
>>
the iPhone is technology

the fuck why can't it be discussed here? the janitors need to play cleanup
>>
>>51904095
Curved back and/or not so slippery to hold. Maybe a little thicker.

I swore after moving from 3GS to 4 that the 4 would be my last iPhone until they get their shit together and design something that fits comfortably in a hand without a case.

That has yet to happen.
>>
>>51904280
This reminds me I recently broke my N4 screen, and makes me sad. Phone was awesome, I didn't want to change it so soon.
>>
>>51904471
i dunno senpai, curved backs aren't that great.

hated it on the few phones i had. also made texting on a flat surface annoying
>>
>>51904452
>ishit
>technology
Fuck off back to Reddit.
>>
>>51904521
>significantly outperforms your beloved android "technology"
top lel

The only reason android is still afloat is because of curry niggers buying up Moto G's and other poorfag phones. Look at all the android flagships lately. They've been blunders. Whether its the 810, a shit camera, etc theyve all had a glaring flaw. Not to mention that HTC pretty much fucked themselves over and the S6 was a flop financially. The 6P bends worse than the iphone ffs. Android tablets are a fucking joke too. And not to mention if you get a flagship, there's no guarantee you're getting Marshmallow. Hell, there's no gaurantee if you buy a flagship it will COME WITH marshmallow. Even the latest Anandtech review of the 6P has the iPhone blowing away android flagships in nearly every benchmark despite half the cores and half the ram in some cases. It's honestly hilarious to see everyone here bash iPhones when theyre using an objectively inferior product that's slowly dying and Apple is growing rapidly. Go look at any startup, even Google or big companies like Cern. Macs left and right. IBM just switched over to macs and are currently saving money because of it.
>>
>>51904594
How much do they pay you, honestly?

>Hes also implying Apple is bigger than Google.

Is that what you do all day, go on the internet and tell lies?
>>
>>51904672
Not a dime, its just funny seeing all the retards on here post the shit eating memes and the anti apple memes when they are just flat out wrong and in denial about using an inferior product. Also, not sure where I implied Apple is bigger than google at all. Would be par for the course though considering Android users are less educated than iPhone owners (I'll send links to multiple sources on that if you don't believe it).
>>
File: asdf.jpg (68 KB, 596x273) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
68 KB, 596x273
>>51904672
>>Hes also implying Apple is bigger than Google.
It is, by a lot.
>>
>>51904705
Sources please, let them be credible.
>>
>>51904441
>far ahead of android

Yeah, you're right. So I'll just be sitting here using my:
>3rd party apps that Apple would never allow
>better battery life because most companies will actually lose a little bit of profit to put in a bigger battery
>my usbc connector

not to mention the fact that mine didn't even cost half the price of last generation's iPhone. Good try anon.
>>
>>51904280
ooh a very small selected subset of features you sure showed us!

lmao so many salty lagdroid owners. They suffer from severe cognitive dissonance. They WANT apple products to be pieces of shit, when in reality they are not.

It turns out, most /g/ users who suffer from this are also suffering from mild to severe autism.
>>
>>51904784
>third party apps Apple would never allow
List them, I'm curious.
>better battery life
Noted that above, but in most cases the 6 plus is on par or beats android flagships
>usbc connector
Not entirely useful yet. Will be more useful when adopted widely. Lightning did the reversible thing long before.
>>
A phone that will last more than 1 year
>>
>>51904817
There is only one substantial difference between an iPhone and an Android.
>When an Android software breaks, 95% of the time it's the user's fault.
>When an iPhone software breaks, 95% of the time it's Apple's fault.
So I hope your new iOS version doesn't break like iOS 9 did. Otherwise you're going to be spending $29 on the phone to even speak to an Apple representative :^)
>>
>>51904739
http://www.androidauthority.com/are-iphone-users-richer-better-educated-than-android-users-105032/

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/

http://macdailynews.com/2013/11/13/android-users-poorer-shorter-unhealthier-less-educated-far-less-charitable-than-apple-iphone-users/

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-owners-smarter-than-android-fans-says-online-test/

http://vaultfeed.com/study-finds-that-iphone-users-are-smarter-and-wealthier-then-samsung-users/
>>
>>51904832
Quick list of some good 3rd party apps on my phone:
>Adaway
>NotifyClean
>BusyBox
>emulators
>>
>>51904868
>laggy android software is the users fault
>shitty manufacturer replacement for stock lagdroid apps is the users fault
>glitchy lagdroid apps are the users fault

nice try
>>
>>51904908
>adaway
iOS has ad blockers
>NotifyClean
apple handles notifications better with badge icons so this is pretty unneccesary
>busybox
>emulators
Pretty gimmicky on a mobile phone.
>>
>>51904917
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205239

Here's actual proof of an actual issue with apple software. Android is so far past being slow, it's as snappy and fast as any iphone at this point. So show some counter proof to android being slow and laggy.
>>
>>51904961
Typical apple fag
>If i don't use it it's pointless!!!
Name something your iphone can do that a modern android phone can't.
>>
>>51904986
It's not even about CAN do, for example hangouts lets people with android phones do free texting, wifi calls etc.
Nobody fucking uses it though, so it's useless.

Most things on android are just a flop, they just don't execute things right.
>>
>>51904964
>needs a quad core and 4gb of ram to be laggy
>needs 4 revisions to FINALLY make it fast
>project butter, ice cream sandwich, lollipop all supposed to FINALLY fix the lag
>camera app still lags to high hell on most roms and touchjizz performance is shit

>>51904986
I'm not saying an emulator is pointless, but playing it on a phone seems pretty unpleasant.

>Not lag
>Higher quality apps and app support
>Actual dev tools and good solid libraries
>Airdrop
>Handoff
>Camera app on iOS is immensely faster and more pleasant to use than all android camera apps
>Touch ID is much more useful on iOS
>iMessage on my mac and notifications on my mac. You need a thirdparty app like pushbullet on android
>CONSISTENT SYSTEM UPDATES
>A higher quality device all around that doesnt skimp on a component like android flagships

At the end of the day its like comparing a Mustang and a 3 Series BWM. The Mustang might outperform the 3 Series and be much cheaper and have more features, but the fit and finish of the BMW is leagues above and the experience of using it is high above the mustang even though it has a higher cost.
>>
>>51904986
There are emulators on iOS tho, and you don't even need jailbreak to use them.
>>
>>51904095
A physical keyboard so other manufacturers besides Blackbarry start copying it.
We need more Android sliders out there.
>>
>>51904132
/thread
>>
>>51906019
rajeesh, chill out. how is that app you're developing?
>>
>>51904095
>What would you like to see in the iPhone 7?
For it not to be produced in a sweatshop. Seriously apple has enough money, they can make a couple of dollars less per-unit and still increase their tax evasion holdings.

A new design, not the same old boring playschool design.
>>
>>51904095

The title and body of OP are asking two different things.
I expect to see nothing significant changed.
>>
As someone who just spent their first full day using an iPhone as their primary device, you applecucks are missing out. Even my 100 dollar Galaxy Grand Prime from Cricket is better than this.

Posted from my iPhone.
>>
>>51904868
Got some sources for those numbers retard?
>>
>>51906355
Kek
>>
>>51908412
I switched to iPhone 6S from a Moto X 2014, couldn't be happier. Touch ID is totes
>>
I want a thicker iphone.
>>
>>51908474
I never use passcodes on my devices anyway, they're annoying in general tbqh.
>>
>>51908535
I never did in the past either, touch ID works so well that it instantly unlocks right when you touch the phone tho.
No reason not to have that security when it works so well.
>>
>>51908535
Fair enough, but for someone concerned about snooping eyes, it really is nice. There are a few situations where Touch ID won't match a finger print and you are forced to enter your PIN, but seldom does that happen. Another thing I like about the 6S is 3D Touch. It's androids long press work flow done correctly, and the haptic feedback is very gratifying.
>>
>>51904192
This.

I hate apple since i had an iphone 4 and it was bare shit, because the ios 7 update made it lag and unusable. ios is a joke os anyway, but the hardware is good.
>>
Access to the filesystem when plugged in.
Ability to set default applications for web browsing and the like.

Since those are unlikely to happen, I'd love for them to fix the UI issues(easy example, took me a while to figure out how to set an alarm; buttons should have some sort of depth as well.) So much of it isn't intuitive. Too much is hidden behind gestures and the like.

As others have said, the hardware is great, Apples software is dreadful though.
>>
>>51904095
More like:
>What do you expect in the iPhone 7?

One new gimmicky feature.

A dozen problems that will be fixed in the "S" version the next year.
>>
>>51904784
>3rd party apps
You can install non-AppStore apps with Xcode. Kind of a pain, but it's possible.
>battery life
The 6s actually has fantastic battery life, anon
>>
>>51905085
>touchwiz lags so android lags meme
>>
>iphone
>expectations
>>
File: buzz.jpg (84 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
84 KB, 400x300
>>51904095
>>
With the way the iPhone advances, I'm betting we will see a button that is pressure sensitive or a two position button like on dedicated cameras. Press lightly to focus, press forcefully to capture.

Maybe a small bump in battery but I doubt it.

Thinner.

And maybe a slightly redesigned chassis.

That's all I see. Apple isn't known for doing huge leaps and bounds in one shot, they do it slowly to increase sales because for some reason, people need to upgrade eery 8 months. (Android owners too)

I use both, I have an iPhone 6 and a Moto G 2015. I like them both. My iPhone 6 gets around the same battery life as my 2015 G. And I like both OS'. Everyone has a choice, that's why I like having competition, if apple was a monopoly, we wouldn't have any new features really.
>>
>>51904278
just the fact that you made those specific colors up as your needs for the iphone 7 seems like a major autism flag
>>
>>51904095
running W10M
>>
>>51910781
legitimate post here
>>
People shitposting.
>>
>>51904095
I wish they would allow Content Blockers to work within App Store apps.
But that would kill the "freemium" apps…
>>
>>51904280
I don't mind companies "borrowing" ideas from each other.
It benefits the end-user ultimate.

Speaking of which, when will Lagdroid copy not lagging?
>>
>>51904280
>virtual buttons

Congrats, you just described the entire fucking point of a touch screen.
>>
>>51904311
>a iPhone

Fucking shills at least educate yourselves.
We have withdrawn 1¢ from your shilling account.
>>
I'd like the fucking size to be brought back down. Holy fuck.

If I wanted a phone the size of a fucking ping-pong paddle, I'd carry a fucking Tablet around everywhere I go.
>>
>>51904851

Iphone 5 still works great even with the latest ios, gtfo.
>>
Thanks for work for us for free.

-Apple marketing department.
>>
>>51911519

As soon as iOS stops hiding it behind flashy animations.
>>
Has anyone else here ever developed for iOS? I wrote an app in xcode for part of a senior project this semester, and I hated every second of it. I did write the major parts in Swift, which is a new and still rapidly changing language, to be fair. Working with Android Studio or Visual Studio were never half as annoying, however.
>>
>>51904095
I would like to see you stuff that phone up your ass, after that I think it would be nice if 4 guys holding mac books came all over you
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.