[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok guys I need some help.(more explaining really) anyways i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 71cWAZ6SmCL._SL1500_.jpg (62 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71cWAZ6SmCL._SL1500_.jpg
62 KB, 1500x1500
Ok guys I need some help.(more explaining really)
anyways i came across something ive never heard of before. (Fan-less Mini Gaming PC) would like to know exactly what their capable of doing and/or not capable of doing.
For the price and all i figure im not understanding exactly what it is. cheapest being $150 and up.

Pic Related: its the $450..
Alienware Alpha ASM100-1580 Console (2.9 GHz Intel Core i3-4130T Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8)
>>
aay
>>
Phone tier CPU
>>
>>51902886
>NVIDIA Maxwell GTX GPU 2 GB GDDR5

Why so vague?
>>
The alienware alpha has fans in it. In fact your extremely unlikely to find a "gaming pc" without a fan in it.
>>
Capable: last gen games at maybe 1080

Not capable: anything AAA after 2k14
>>
>>51902886
alienware alpha's aren't really gaming PCs they are designed to be used a streaming boxes from your main PC doing all the leg work.
>>
>>51902886
they're a scam, you won't be able to play anything more intensive than what you could play on any other budget laptop.
>>
These not worth much? Im not looking for some $2k computer. Honestly im jus looking for a cheap desktop that can get me by for while i have one built.
>>
>>51903004
what's your budget? you'll get more out of a standard modular atx/itx tower than some meme pseudolaptop bullshit
>>
>>51903004
Why not just get one built now and save $450 in the process? You're using a computer now I would assume, you can use that till the parts arrive.
>>
>>51902886
>fanless gaming
just no
also fourfiddy for an i3? HA!
>>
>>51903014
500 ish now. was jus gonna get a cheap anything and then get a shell and start building slowly the way i want and not jus settle for something. then i came across these and wasnt sure even what they are for sure..
>>
Fanless PCs are capable of sime documents / browsing web. Light image editing maybe ... The only use for then would be a super low-powered silent server ...
>>
should clarify that the gaming part isnt a big deal really. Honestly i have console and dont plan on playing that big of games. Civ AoE Dayz are the first id prob get.
>>
>>51903060
>>51903014
>>51902989
i get what ur saying, ive just never seen 1 before so thats why i came to post this thread. i am probably jus get couple of the cheaper ones and hook up to couple my tvs. but guess dont expect much out of these then .
>>
thx for the info guys..
>>
>>51902955
All the "gaming PC" things like this do that. The steam machine or whatever it's called uses an Nvidia GTX 850m. This Alienware one uses an 860m, and says it's overclocked.

I don't buy this fanless thing
>>
File: small_alpha-top1.jpg (64 KB, 620x488) Image search: [Google]
small_alpha-top1.jpg
64 KB, 620x488
>>51902915
It's a fucking i3. A phone can't even touch that.

>>51902955
It's a GTX 860M. It's basically a 750 Ti with lower memory clock.

>>51902984
>>51902989
Incorrect. Benchmarks are everywhere; look it up.
https://youtu.be/BqI85bZfpA0?t=44s

>>51902988
Then why would it have a discrete GPU? You're talking about the Steam Link.

>>51903014
No you won't. The Alpha is extremely well-priced.

>>51903024
Why the hell would you put anything more than an i3 in a $450 PC?

>>51902886
>>51903024
>>51903060
It has fans. Pic related.

>>51903239
No, both have an 860M.
>>
>>51903239
how bout for just a web browsing 4chan lurking email checking PC? pretty good for that? >>51903299
i posted the pic and was asking bout others that was fan/less. didnt know that tthe alph did have so that my fault ..
>>
>>51903299
why, because if you shop around a lil for around the same price you can find an i5 machine with comparable specs
>>
OP here, I Notice that im falling behind really fast on computers as im getting older and became a father few yrs ago, so i was jus looking for some advise. i see know that i shoulda explained alittle more bout what i was looking for and for what.
>>
while this thread is open whats some things that i should look for on specs? mainly the processor and video card.. again im not trying to build a $2k computer, but one i can play games on.
>>
>>51903416
i5 4690
Nvidia 750ti
8 gigs of ram
Cheap case and mobo if youre looking to save cash. Skip SSD for now, get a better PSU insteas so you can upgrade the card later.
>>
these have been on sale in recent months, the i3 version, for 300-350 or so. It's a good deal at the price since they're really small machines. it's impossible to find a machine as small with the same specs, and even if you put together one with something similar, it won't be much cheaper when you factor in cost of windows and kb/m, though only when on sale.

the i7 version can be had for $650 currently, and the 860m can game pretty well. thing just needs an ssd.

if you can a decent fanless comp, look for something with a cherry-trail atom in it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.