[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want Linux, gaming, and hardware compatibility with minimal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: TyroneIsNotTheFather.gif (4 MB, 344x203) Image search: [Google]
TyroneIsNotTheFather.gif
4 MB, 344x203
I want Linux, gaming, and hardware compatibility with minimal research / setup required. Why would I choose anything other than Mint? [spoiler]Better yet, why not Windows 10[/spoiler]
>>
There's literally a gaming linux os you retard
>>
>>51902732
>>51902755

This
Trisquel fucking rocks
https://trisquel.info/de/forum/trisquel-gamer-live-dvd-full-free-software-games-boot-and-play
>>
Thanks, I will check it out. Main reason for Linux is this pc is for my daughter; gaming, Web browsing and word processing. She already likes Ubuntu over Windows, but just want a nonfrustrating experience for her.
>>
>>51902916
Is this guy for fuckin real?
>>
>>51902916
Is your daughter a qt
>>
>>51902936
Yes
>>51902977
Yes
>>
>>51902732
have you looked into gentoo?
>>
>>51902916
>prefers ubuntu over windows
well then put the bunt on it since she already knows that, but really most distros are the same except for package management. the differences come in with what wm/de and software you use, and I imagine she's already got a preferred setup, so getting the pc up and running like she wants it a father/daughter thing
>>
>>51903072
hi there i just saw you in the fanless pc thread how are you :)
>>
>>51903031
This, op. Compiling your OWN software on your OWN computer is a liberating experience like no other, and results in optimizations that let you squeeze out every drop of performance from your hardware
>>
>>51903079
am I really that easy to spot? ah, it's the run on sentences and abuse of the comma isn't it
>>
>>51903123
no i just have a plugin that reveals poster ips
>>
>>51903139
neato
>>
>>51902732
>I want Linux, gaming
Dual boot
>>
>>51902916
Gaming, get steam then. it's on linux as well. The guy was probably joking about gaming on trisquel desu
>>
>>51902732
>Why would I choose anything other than Mint?
Because Xubuntu is better.
>>
>>51902732
You want Linux. So why not Windows 10?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.