[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think there's has been a thread to attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (211 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.jpg
211 KB, 1280x720
I don't think there's has been a thread to attempt to identify his tool-set yet. Do you think there's anything of worth we can get from this video?
>>
File: mpv-shot0006.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0006.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
Forgot link.
youtube 6JrfhkSRM4I
>>
>>51902330
There's a fuckton of Ubuntu which makes me think Nvidia digits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgxe15vCR7s

I'm going to watch it again to figure out the LiDar sensor
>>
LiDar is a velodyne

I think he's using a combo of 2 pucks on the rear and a HDL64E on top
>>
>>51902350
timestamp of the happening?
>>
File: Capture.png (170 KB, 1223x1148) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
170 KB, 1223x1148
>>51902885
This is nuts, all of this LiDar shit is just dumping regular UDP packets.

You could smash all this data together pretty easily with just a couple of daemons and some interprocess comms.

The question is why is Tesla and other companies making shit so complicated?

His setup is like 3-4 LiDar sensors, some GPS sensors and HD webcams running on top of a desktop PC hooked to the CANbus.
>>
>>51902981
Musk thinks cameras and some sensors are all you need. No idea why they wouldn't be trying to get in on this, but we should also remember that attack surface minimization is important.
>>
>>51902330
here are my guesses:
>Ubuntu
>i3 (mostly because of how the bar look but it is a tiling wm for sure) and Unity
>Ubuntu terminal and most likely urxvt
>NVIDIA DIGITS as >>51902751 said
>>
File: feat_hotz52__06.jpg (778 KB, 2200x1467) Image search: [Google]
feat_hotz52__06.jpg
778 KB, 2200x1467
Here's the hardware:
>Some USB hubs for the CANbus sensors and GPS sensors
>An Ethernet hub, likely gigabit for the HD webcams in the front and for the Velodyne decoder
>HID joystick, likely USB

There's an x86 PC in there somewhere obviously, but this car definitely has a 3G connection as shown by the AT&T dongle

>>51903008
As it stands, yeah, this guy's setup is hella insecure. I'm guessing the other thing is that Tesla is really trying to build a car around a custom SoC for mass production while also sandboxing effectively enough to keep the car safe from attacks.

Tesla has the advantage (and disadvantage) of having all of the data from all of their cars being fed back into their databases so that they can update Autopilot. Basically every car is learning from every driver in every other car. The bad part about this is that Tesla has to sift through the shitty/unsafe driving data. I assume they've already built profiles for what this looks like though and prune that before updating.
>>
>>51903272
>There's an x86 PC in there somewhere obviously

wow I'm retarded, it's a NUC. Not sure how I missed that.
>>
Please don't act like this guy has any valuable code in the video. This guy was the first person ever to hack the iPhone and Playstation 4. He turned down a multi-million offer from Elon Musk and opened his video with "I am the next multi billionaire.".

Please just don't. This guy is better than you.
>>
>>51903475

this, tb-honest.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.