[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody care about battery initialization of new devices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 221.jpg (37 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
37 KB, 630x420
Does anybody care about battery initialization of new devices?
>>
>>51898633
this is not 2000 anymore
>>
>>51898657
Someone says that without initialization, smartphone batteries lose capacity

Just askin'
>>
>>51898633
You're damaging the battery, fäm.
>>
>>51898695
That was the case with NiMH batteries, not with Li-Ion batteries.
>>
>>51898695
It's a myth from much older battery types.
Proper battery procedure matters very little nowadays.
Your phone won't last as long as the battery no matter how you treat it.
>>
>>51898695
It's not a thing. Lithium batteries are absurdly complicated things that constantly recalibrate themselves.

You can do your run down recharge ceremony if it makes you feel better, just keep in mind that it's as likely to make your battery life longer as an upside down cigarette is to making you luckier.
>>
It hasn't mattered for years. I can't even remember last time I had a battery like that.
>>
>>51898720
>Your phone won't last as long as the battery no matter how you treat it
You have it backwards.
>>
>>51898745
How are they complicated
Seem simple enough to me
>>
>>51898808
Read a book. Batteries are far from trivial.
>>
My PS4 controller lasts maybe 10 minutes.

Either I'm doing something wrong or I've fucked its battery by leaving it plugged in forever.
>>
>>51898808
There's a nice, long Wikipedia article that gives loads of details, I suggest you read it. The "humble" smartphone battery is really interesting, truly the a marvel of portable energy storage.

They're also explosive, which is *really* fun if you've got an old one you want to get rid of.
>>
>>51898857
Lithium batteries don't like staying charged at relatively high temperatures. Some research suggests that they may lose up to a quarter of their capacity over the course of a year if stored with more than 80% charge at 25 degrees Celsius. It scales dramatically with higher temperatures.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.