[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Database General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1449667290540.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449667290540.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
I am diving into the world of database design and I am still learning but I was wondering if there are any good resources that shows you how to make common databases. Like a full-blown human resources database from scratch and explaining everything on the go.
>>
File: god.jpg (21 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
21 KB, 500x281
DATABASE DATABASE
JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE
WOOOH OHHHHH
>>
File: 1446015182240.webm (518 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1446015182240.webm
518 KB, 1000x562
Learn your joins.
Use MariaDB.
Shun proprietary malware. Don't be a corporate dog.
>>
>>51898228
I am using postgresql currently. I would die for a from-the-scratch-guide for something complex. I just can't find any videos.
>>
>>51898285
You can't "explain on the go" as you put it.
There has to be a concrete design with ERDs and everything before you can even think about programming the DB. Don't you know DBD basics?
>>
>>51898228
>>51898285

Oracle FTW. Haters gonna hate.
>>
Learn MS SQL and make money. Learn the open source shit for your own benefit and MAYBE some money.
>>
>>51898228
>using gaysexDB
>not the only DB worth mentioning: Postgresql
>>
>>51898068
read about:
>Document-oriented database(Ex: MongoDB)
>Graph databases (Ex:Neo4j)
>Relational databases (Ex:PostgreSQL)
>Self-Contained databases(Ex:SQLite)
>>
>>51899491
Oracle is a shit when you need to explain "there is no backdoors" thing to a government. inb4 "You are not in US, so fuck off".
>>
File: the_wreckage_sister.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_wreckage_sister.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What's the best DB (supported by FreeRADIUS: http://wiki.freeradius.org/modules/Rlm_sql ) for storing just user credentials?
>>
>>51900699
Why is that CIA stood in front of and empty field?
>>
>>51898068
Learn how to create good database designs first, using ERDs. One of Oracle's cert books should teach this. Then use mysql workbench to draw your diagrams. Then export your design to a sql file. You can read the resultant file to see how databases, tables, and views are created. Import it in to MariaDb. That should cover everything you need for DDL. For selections and updates just get a pre made database, import it and start running queries on it. Oracle cert book should give you ideas, you just might have to look up how to do the same thing in MySQL/MariaDb. I'm Oracle certified, so feel free to ask me any questions.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.