[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Germany starts heavily censoring social networks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: German-flag-star-crescent.jpg (103 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
German-flag-star-crescent.jpg
103 KB, 540x360
Are you for or against Internet censorship?

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/12/germany-makes-facebook-google-and-twitter-remove-hate-speech-within-24-hours/
>>
>>51897800

Germany is at it again, NIce job being the next sweden
>>
Who's paying for this? USA, Israel? Saudi-Arabia?
>>
>>51897800
>social networks
and why do you think anyone on /g/ cares?
>>
>>51897800
germans are cucks
>>
>>51898087
soros
>>
germany yes!
>>
File: 1449749992324.gif (398 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
1449749992324.gif
398 KB, 500x460
>Facebook, Google, and Twitter
Ok.
>>
>>51897800
>http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/12/germany-makes-facebook-google-and-twitter-remove-hate-speech-within-24-hours/

>24 hours to remove... after they have been first reported.

its E-Z. we get kids to start reporting everything questionable as "hate speech" and it'll get taken down within 24 hours while clogging up Facebooks janitors, kind of like the new "facebook hacking" for them
>>
>>51897800
Lol twitter.
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (687 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
grandpa.jpg
687 KB, 3000x2000
>>51897800
>facebook-google-and-twitter
>>
>>51898111
>>51898214
>>51898245
>>51898270
It's not about the state of the networks in question.
It's about the government's decision to pursue the agreement, which admittedly makes this more of an /int/ or /pol/ thread.
>>
Thanks, feminism.
>>
That's ... That's actually a good thing ...
>>
>>51897800
Yay!
>>
>>51897800
Hopefully Britain can do the same so the EDL and UKIP fucknuts can be removed.
>>
>Cuckmany
>>
every feminist shit posted on facebook can be reported as hate speech.
>>
>>51898561
Who cares if they're mental. It's still censorship of the internet, censorship of freedom of expression.
>>
>>51898424
Germany never had unrestricted freedom of speech.
You can't call for the genocide for a certain group of people, which is a pretty sensible law in my opinion.
You also can't deny the holocaust, a law which I would disagree with.

None of this is actually news, only that someone official probably asked Facebook to enforce it on their site.
>>
Feels pretty alright desu.
T. German
>>
I don't have many beliefs, but one is people should be allowed to say whatever the fuck they want. Shit like this makes me want to S M H T B H F A M
>>
>>51898689
Okay Mohamed Atatürk.
>>
>>51897800
and literally nothing of value was lost
>>
good, no rise of the nazis
>>
>>51898561
You'd have difficulty finding people more cuckolded than the British.
>>
>>51898887
What about r9k?
>>
Why would you think anyone on /g/ would be for censorship anon?
>>
>>51898708
don't worry wolfgang we still have the 4chins
>>
>>51898708
>>51898963
and reddit :^)
>>
>>51898177
>2015
>not being a cuck
you are not progressive bro
>>
>>51898887
Swedes, French and Germans, gg no re
>>
>>51898087
They do by themselves. That's what called brainwashing. The fabulous overwhelming power of propaganda in the Internet, on the TV and main medias. Now, Germans will defend they right to be muted, cause they brainwashed like puppets to KNOW and OBEY what multi-culti is. They're brainwashed and trained to react on 'hatespeech against poor muslimes' with submissiveness to be banned from WRONG THOUGHTS.

You can not have INAPPROPRIATE thoughts in modern Germany. Only what Goverment/Media tells you - that's the only truth you should know and you should obey. #worsethanhitler

You know when Nacism appears? When people are feeling offended and opressed.

You know will Nacism take place in modern Germany or not? I know - it will not. Cause Germans being told now that they are not offended and opressed and they, Germans, agree - cause they're dressed so.

Machine of propaganda did it work well.

>inb4 INDIPENTEDNT MEDIA!!111 WE ARE NOT RUSSIA!!!11
kek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7o7R5BgWDY
>>
>>51899005
Media is too strong for the pleb mind. Even in the US if you step out of the "correct thinking zone" you will get called some form of racist or Nazi. Which is quite funny because they beat the Nazis.
>>
>>51899055
>Which is quite funny because they beat the Nazis.
Murricans truly believe this.
>>
>>51899005
this is the kind of shit you get to see on german social media lol
LE GOOBERMENT AND PRESS LIE!!!!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!!!!!!!
fucking everyone became an expert and it's all because of one shitty government-run tv channel from russia
>>
>>51898817
You don't even know who Atatürk is, don't you?
>>
>>51897800
>In a possibly related incident that took place last weekend, a group of 15 to 20 people vandalised Facebook's office in Hamburg. The attackers smashed glass at the entrance to the building, threw paint, and sprayed "Facebook dislike" on a wall.
poor Facebook
>>
>>51899005
It's gonna be funny as he'll when all this diversity crushes Germany in 10 to 20 years. Pretty soon the """"refugees"""" will out populate native germans, replace the German government with a majority muslim, and declare Germany a Muslim state. We lad I hope the lefty fags will still be defending the Muslims when they stone them to death in their own country, he'll the number one birth name in the UK is Mohammid keke
>>
>>51899091
Imagine there was not RT. World would be so beautiful, r-right?
>>
>>51899282
>muh white race
The world is more complex than that you dumb ape.
>>
>>51899302
if there was less anti-gov propaganda from russia? there wouldn't be so much time wasted with reports and articles about mental gymnasts from pegida or afd and instead we could focus on real fucking issues like turkey letting through mudslimes into syria unchecked
get real motherfucker the cold war is over there is no excuse to still see politics as black and white
but no! muh shitslamic warriors are attacking le european values and joos are in on this because they hate le white race maymay
>>
>>51898642
You can call for whatever the fuck you want behind closed doors and conspire to do shit with your new extremist buddies. If you're allowed to do it in public, then people will know who to keep an eye out for.
>>
>>51898499
>Censorship is a good thing
Fuck off Sweden
>>
>Reports of the rise in racist and anti-foreigner comments on German social networks have been coming in over the past few months, while the country is dealing with an influx of migrants and refugees.
HAJI WELCOME!

>>51899282
So Germany may start another world war.
>>
>>51899999
Pentas confirm germany will start the race war!
>>
>>51899999
>quints chkd
>>
>>51897800
germanbro here. Definitely against the censorship.
If I want to say bad things I hopefully have this site here anyways.
Besides this: Facebook Google and Twitter are all useless sites for me.
>>
>>51898087
>>51899005
The media are using this technique:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_of_silence
And it works!
>>
>>51900394
ok klaus, you will get censored soon enough.

we know what german nationalism can do, so it's good to nip it in the bud while we can.
>>
>>51900432
well we will see if krautchan (for example) gets censored. if it doesn't happen there, then nobody gives a fuck except the giant companies that only teens give a fuck about.
>>
>>51900394
This. Fucking destroy Facebook and Twitter. They're everything that is wrong with this world. Seriously, cuntism has it's roots in these two services.
>>
>>51899282
> he'll the number one birth name in the UK is Mohammid keke

That's only because arabs lack creativity and all their names are "Mohammed" or a variant of that.

>>51899378
No it's not. It's pretty obvious that they will demographically replace ethnic Germans if birthrates/immigration stays the same. And there is no evidence of that changing...

All of it is compatible with democracy, a vote by numbers anyway ;^)
>>
>>51900432
The US is next. Millennials have such a fucked up idea of what "free speech" actually is that it's only a matter of time before it disappears.

>free speech ends when my feelings get hurt
>>
>>51899005
German here. Can confirm this.

I have no TV and don't read german news.

The propaganda is worse than under Hitler.
>>
>>51899282
It takes no more 20 years. We have over 15 million migrants and 5 million muslim without the refuguess. German women have a birth rate of 1,3.
>>
>>51899005
yknow nazis did their own censorship too?
>>
>>51900670
>German women have a birth rate of 1,3.

No worries Hans, I'm certain the "refugees" can fix that given that they're 75-85% male (^:
>>
>>51900728
>75-85% male
>Implying those mustachioed things hiding in piles of dirty laundry are women.
>>
>>51898817
Kek'd.
T. Turkish
>>
>>51901244
>>
>>51897800
>social networks
I'm german and I don't give a shit
>>
>>51898087
It comes from this: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Karl_Popper
>The so-called paradox of freedom is the argument that freedom in the sense of absence of any constraining control must lead to very great restraint, since it makes the bully free to enslave the meek. The idea is, in a slightly different form, and with very different tendency, clearly expressed in Plato.
>Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.
Not that I support this, just showing some of this extreme-liberal ideology.

You people should really learn philosophy, at least a bit. Even if you dislike it, you'd understand where your politicians get their, err, "ideas"....
>>
Nanny Merkel says Hanz can't have any more strong feelings or masculine virtues.
>>
>>51901671
This. Historically, the downfall of empires has always been preceded by the rise of hedonism--particularly the effeminism of men.
>>
Good. That should remove trash like Antifa completely from Facebook.
>>
>>51900394
>>51900489
Slippery slope. Just because the sites are useless feminist echo chambers doesn't mean that the few people that don't fall into that category shouldn't be able to post their opinions.
>>
Mods aren't suppose to let this board /pol/'s free?
>>
>>51899378
>Not wanting a your country so be filled with Muslims makes you a dumb ape
>>
>>51899067
still denying murica won
>>
File: isis-instagram-account.png (747 KB, 937x601) Image search: [Google]
isis-instagram-account.png
747 KB, 937x601
>>51897800

Surely it's more important that we remove ISIS accounts and propaganda, rather than so-called "hate speech"?

Seeing as one of them kills people, and the other one doesn't.
>>
File: 1445287452661.jpg (73 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
1445287452661.jpg
73 KB, 467x700
>Eurokeks being keks
Wake me up when something new pops up.
>>
File: the_future_bois.png (360 KB, 552x645) Image search: [Google]
the_future_bois.png
360 KB, 552x645
>>51901514
>Karl Popper
What can you expect from the retard whose main claim to fame is developing a theory of knowledge that immediately discredits itself as a valid theory?
>>
>>51898235
I hope Facebook can't keep up with it and goes downhill so fast everyone stops using it.
>>
>>51902857
This. I know censorship is wrong, but, I'd die a happy neckbeard if Facebook was kill.
>>
>>51902690

I gotta know who this girl is fampai
>>
Finally.
Full on freetard pirate/die partei-voting german here and I still think this is a good thing.
>>
>>51897800
GERMANY YES
>>
>>51902895
>Celebrates having his freedom denied
This is why you're a kek. Pathetic display, really.
>>
Well it looks like Adolf Hitler is taking his Nazi shit to the internet now
>>
>>51898817
Actually no Attatürk but son of an argentine immigrant and a german woman. Check it.
>>
As someone from the Netherlands I weep for our German neighbours.
>>
>>51898874
>nazi
Are you expressing hate for Nazis...?
>>
File: 1450188996300.jpg (95 KB, 696x591) Image search: [Google]
1450188996300.jpg
95 KB, 696x591
>>51898817
Atatürk? Nigga , could you be any more ignorant!?
>>
>>51900514
>That's only because arabs lack creativity and all their names are "Mohammed" or a variant of that.
There must be a lot of Arabs to overcome English names in the fucking UK of all places.
>>
>>51903435
you must have lost your way, here you go tourist >>>/pol/
>>
>>51903435
>Are you expressing hate for Nazis...?
yeah we fucking hate them
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.