[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could I turn programming into a good career for me if I practiced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1372908588037.jpg (48 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
1372908588037.jpg
48 KB, 500x346
Could I turn programming into a good career for me if I practiced 3+ hours a day for the next two years? (Injury so no physical work). And would it be wise to choose swift as my Language to learn or is C# a bit more practical? Deciding whether I want to try this out or not
>>
>>51896983
Do it anon. Use c++
>>
>>51897002
Any reasons for c++? I don't know much about the differences in languages. Are all c languages similar? (c#, c++, c)
>>
>>51896983
>would it be wise to choose swift as my Language to learn or is C# a bit more practical?
After you got the introductory shit down you can/should can program in just about any language.
>>
>>51897015
If you're learning programming and actually care about doing it semi-right.

C# for basics and something to get your feet wet
C to learn memory management after you can write some programs.

You should be set to easily pick up any language after these.
>>
>>51897043
>C# for basics and something to get your feet wet
Last time I wanted to get into C# I had to install a 10gb IDE and an empty starting project consisted of 5 separate files already. Maybe I'm just an idiot but wouldn't recommend it to someone just starting out.
>>
>>51897028
How long does it take to learn introductory stuff? Is it like math, where you learn basic stuff like addition and use that knowledge in different formulas such as algebra? And is there a point where you know enough to do what ever you want or can you learn something new every day even with years of experience? I'll probably just make my way down to /sqt/ with all these questions
>>
>>51897067
go to /dpt/ for any programming questions, I'd say just try it and find out, don't really know how to answer that.
>>
>>51896983
Yes, you can!

My best advice would be to learn web development in the language of your choice.
>>
Hey, is it okay if I ask here what the best way to learn ADTs like linked lists and binary heaps are? Not like concept, but how to implement them? I seem to be struggling with figuring out how to program them.
>>
>>51897067
>can you learn something new every day even with years of experience
Yes, definitely.

3d graphics vs cryptography is like geometry vs discreet maths. You can spend your entire life studying either and still have new worlds available to you :3
>>
>>51897063
Then get monodevelop or don't click next without reading what it's going to install.

An actual blank console app may have a few empty files, but it'll only contain one .CS file (program.CS) which is all you need to care about.
>>
>>51897129
Sounds like your problem is programming in general, turning your ideas into code.

It's basically practice. If you really can't implement a linked list you can find a basic programming book and do the exercises.
>>
>>51897178
>Sounds like your problem is programming in general, turning your ideas into code.
what ? i thought thats the definition of programming...
>>
>>51897091
dpt is a retarded gay orgy
>>
>>51897158
>monodevelop
cool anon thanks
>>
>>51897178

I guess that's fair. I'm really bad with figuring out pointers.

I suppose its a wake up call to work on them.
>>
Muh disability
Get off your fat ass and get a job
>>
>>51897573
I never understood why people have trouble understanding pointers.
>>
>>51897662
They are never explained well just like recursion. It's not so much people don't understand, they just don't know why they'd ever use it.
>>
>>51897644
>trip code

muh special snowflake

Here's your attention faggot
>>
>>51897702
This, why couldn't I just pass everything through reference instead? Its much easier.
>>
>>51897644
He is into programming so far. Already doing better than most /g/
>>
>>51896983
You will always have to keep uptodate with the latest tech, else you'd get left behind.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.