[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>http://wccftech.com/asrock-introdu ces-their-sky-oc-plat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: SKYOC-635x508.png (752 KB, 635x508) Image search: [Google]
SKYOC-635x508.png
752 KB, 635x508
>http://wccftech.com/asrock-introduces-their-sky-oc-platform-overclocking-for-non-k-skylake/

>non-K skylake models can be overclocked on certain motherboards

A cynic in me thinks this is just Intel's way of blunting the effect of the soon to be released AMD's Zen. They know if AMD's Zen has any future, it will gobble up the lower end market a bit. Intel can afford to chop off a finger or two to cut off AMD's arms or legs.

An optimist in me thinks this is Intel losing influence and motherboard manufacturers gaining more powers therefore they can afford to maximize profits.

What's your take /g/?
>>
intel can gimp these mobos at any time with a microcode update
>>
This has technically been possible for a while the only reason no one does it is that it can actually damage hardware on the mobo. Intel CPUs since sandy bridge have a unified bus which everything goes through including slow speed devices. If you overclock that then the slow devices run faster than they're designed to.
>>
>>51896534
Most retarded post of the day.
>>
Will this mean one could oc xeon cpus that fit this socket?
>>
>the chipset and PCIe now have their own clock domains, meaning that the base frequency only affects the CPU (core, uncore, cache), integrated graphics and DRAM.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9848/bclk-overclocking-intels-non-k-skylake-processors-coming-soon

So Skylake has the CPU, GPU, and memory set at their own speeds. I didn't realize Intel was doing that with skylake.
>>
INTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
>>
>>51896652
It was always possible to OC the -k equivalent Xeons, such as the E5 1650/60 V3, so I'm guessing the answer is yes.
>>
>>51896534
Ha Ha Ha you fucking what m8
>>
>>51896479
This. Jewtel cares more about making profit. The only reason Intel wouldn't gimp these motherboards is because they're getting cold feet because of Zen.
>>
Whats the newest CPU/Mobo budget combo if you are willing to oc?
>>
>>657768701
>>51896460
How about you link to asrocks own fucking website instead of shittech
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.