[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
notebook memory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: memory.jpg (21 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
memory.jpg
21 KB, 300x269
How does one make sure to order the correct memory, if even the manufactures have wrong product pictures and no description of their products?

The case is that I have a notebook with Intel HM55 chipset, which can only take 256Mx8bit memories.

Ordered some memory which turned out to be a 512Mx8bit memory. Had no chance to know beforehand.

It's quite astonishing that something as crucial as that is not somehow denoted.
>>
>>51894595
>crucial

Is this extremely subtle shilling?
>>
>>51894699
No, I am not that smart.
So it was unintended shilling at best.

Anyways, some smartass should answer my question.

In before buy a new notebook herpderp.
>>
>>51894699
crucial (micron) is pretty gud, and they're so beyond the point of needing to shill (just look at how many companies rebrand their shit), that paying neckbeards to post on image boards would be akin to burning money
>>
File: Capture.png (117 KB, 949x609) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
117 KB, 949x609
>>51894595
http://www.mrmemory.co.uk/
put the model number in here, and it'll tell you exactly what memory you need
>>
>>51894903
>http://www.mrmemory.co.uk/

A bit pricey if you ask me...and they even don't tell you the brand of the memory you are ordering, neither any more information on the timings and whatever.
>>
File: Capture.png (36 KB, 660x525) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36 KB, 660x525
>>51894960
could you maybe run Speccy on the PC?

Also £30 for 8GB of DDR3 is great
>>
>>51895004
Well, 70€ for me.

I guess this makes sense, because 256Mx8bit modules aren't produced anymore, and the 512Mx8bit modules cost less in the production.
>>
>>51894595
is this true?
I'm going to buy 16GB of corsair vengeance 1600 out of the blue for my pavilion and I guess it's compatible
>>
>>51895173
Just check your chipset of the motherboard.

If it is a HM55, as I said, it will only support max. 8GB, 4GB of 256Mx8bit each module.

I think any chipset produced afterwards supports any module.
>>
>>51895202
it's AMD, FS1r2
I can't find the chipset but I guess if an a10 works, it should work with DDR3L?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.