[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ any tips on getting my reaction images under 1kb? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: μMMMMM_OP.png (823 B, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
μMMMMM_OP.png
823 B, 250x212
/g/ any tips on getting my reaction images under 1kb?
I've been resizing using imagemagick so the largest dimension is 150px as I believe that's the largest dimension a thumbnail can be on 4chan (OP thumbnail limit is 250px?)
For the simple black and white ones I can do +dither -colors 2 -type bilevel and that reduces them substantially (+dither helps a lot keeping it smooth/not speckled)
and also pngcrush -brute to compress them further. in near all the reaction images the png is smaller than gif
For coloured images it's much harder. When there's ~6 primary colors in an image I need to do -colors 9 or more just to get near-accurate colors and by that time it will always be at least 1.2kb
The reaction images I'm testing are cartoon/comic, I believe it would be too difficult/impossible with real human pictures as there would be too many colors + too much information lost on resizing+color removing to get a tiny file
To try make it easier I opened some of my reaction images in gimp and replaced all (for example) green colors to a single green, all blues to a single blue, etc. so there was only 6 colors and I think that helped but I tried so many different options I'm not sure if it's true. plus I put each single color in a new layer and went to colors > info > colorcube analysis and it said each layer was 'only one unique color' and so I had 6 layers with a unique color each and then I merge them all and suddenly it reports there's 20 unique colors.
>>
>>51893032
>any tips on getting my reaction images under 1kb
Sorry, too autistic for me.
>>
i think i remember you from /sqt/
do you actually have that many reaction images that the size is getting to be an issue?
jeez man, buy a new drive or something
>>
File: 1450259524843.png (735 B, 250x212) Image search: [Google]
1450259524843.png
735 B, 250x212
>>51893032
>pngcrush
moron
use optipng or if you want maximum compression, zopflipng.
pngwolf + zopflipng can help too.
>>
>>51893106
Sounds like he's trying to upload his reaction image folder to the Apollo 11.
>>
>>51893149
i bet the guys in ISS can meme pretty hard
>>
im too lazy to create a new thread and this thread seems slightly relevant.
i need a decent image viewer that supposts gifs and webms with sound
>>
>>51893177
webm files are videos, image viewers won't support them.
>>
>>51893183
im using loopscicle right now and it does
only problem is no sound
>>
May i ask
>Why?
>>
>>51893240
OP is trying to discretely hide CP in his image files. He needs the file size to look normal.
>>
File: 1362578401980.jpg (15 KB, 229x199) Image search: [Google]
1362578401980.jpg
15 KB, 229x199
>>51893240
why not
>>
If you're hosting these images on a website, and you have multiple images, load the header and footer separate from the images. Store the images as a data blob and remove said header and footer from the image. Then when you load the image blob in from the network, you at least save the bits from the header and footer every time.
>>
>>51893350
PNG has no "footer" and the header is tiny.
>>
>>51893032
b-but for what purose?????????????????????????ß
>>
>>51893503
You don't want to know how shit the connection aboard the ISS is. Tim Peake just wants to shitpost while in low orbit.
>>
>>51893032
look into pngquant and pngcrush
>>
>>51893755
I'd try pngnq-s9
>>
File: μFeelHandsome.png (566 B, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
μFeelHandsome.png
566 B, 104x125
>>51893328
Hmm I did 1000 iterations and could only get down to 740bits for that one.

>>51893755
Thank you. I've been having no luck getting it smaller with pngquant, the most successful has been zopflipng
>>
>>51893177
95% sure irfanview supports audio
it acts weird with some gif's, playing them super fast, while others work fine
>>
>>51893525
I was under the assumption that it was a few megabits, certainly enough for high resolution shitposting
>>
>6 colors
isn't there a 4-bit indexed format for png? You should try that.
>>
care to share a reaction image that you unsuccessfully try to minimize below 1k
>>
>>51893168
That must be all they do up there, that or reddit.
I'd I aging they would go to 4chan and because bandwidth issues?
>>
File: sploosh.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sploosh.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>51895133
Here's the large version of one I could only get to 1268 bytes
In Imagemagick to scale down I tried -sample instead of -resize as I read it doesn't add new colors to the image and just cuts out the lines to resize it and it seemed to help although the image did seem jaggier.
Using pngquant to cut down the number of colors in the image worked better than Imagemagick
https://0x0.st/-FW.png
>>
>>51893032
ZLIB.
>>
File: μSploosh.png (1007 B, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
μSploosh.png
1007 B, 125x125
>>51895094
Is that the bit depth? Because mine are all 4 bit except the black and white ones which are 1 bit
>>51895727
managed to get under
>>
>>51897731
jesus christ thats offensive to my eyes
stop crushing these filesizes
>>
File: hehehe.png (1 MB, 830x899) Image search: [Google]
hehehe.png
1 MB, 830x899
>using compressed images

most of my hentai is either lossless bitmaps or png
>>
>>51893032
>/g/ any tips on getting my reaction images under 1kb?

Yeah, my advice is forget about it.

Storage is cheap. Even if you had thousands upon thousands of reaction images it still wouldn't take up a gigabyte of space.

You are wasting your time in this.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.