[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DD-WRT vs TP-LINK stock firmware? Not interested in openwrt and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: wwe_paige.jpg (17 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
wwe_paige.jpg
17 KB, 400x600
DD-WRT vs TP-LINK stock firmware?
Not interested in openwrt and tomato is not compatible (atheros)

Also, router firmware discussion thread.
>>
>>51891632
She is a wrestler?

Kinda scrawny... they aren't even trying.
>>
>>51891653
Divas have always been about looks, for me Paige is easily one of the most fuckable current divas.
>>
Please remake this thread with a less disgusting woman
Thanks
>>
>>51891688
Dubs checked.

However, Paige is top tier, what are your shitty standards.
>inb4 anime grill
>>
>>51891699
cute girls
that's a man with tits
>>
>>51891699
Wrestling is boner kill.
>>
>>51891688
yeahh she doesn't even have a feminine penis

also later version of dd-wrt (v3) are cozy as fuck

running it on my wrt1900ac and its improved this router immensely
>>
>>51891709
I am not complaining.

>>51891711
2 girls, fighting. What are you gay?
>>
>>51891722
>2 girls, fighting. What are you gay?
females are supposed to be feminine, fighting is not feminine, its masculine and gays like masculinity

are you gay?
>>
>>51891653
This might come as a shock to you, but wrestling isn't real
>>
>>51891632
Im thinking about trying to install dd-wrt on an old netgear router soon to make it into a repeater
>>
Hey ddwrt v3 users, any of you ever have a problem where your router will have an Alzheimer's fit and factory reset itself randomly for no reason like every few days? Fucking 2 routers have done this to me so far and they're both on ddwrt v3.
>>
File: its-still-real-to-me.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
its-still-real-to-me.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>51891771
>>
Install openwrt
>>
>>51891753
By this same logic, liking feminine dicks are straight
>>
>>51891887
what router? its so extremely hardware specific
>>
>>51891902
that logic is correct :)
>>
Her entire family are hideous, inbred trash.
>>
>>51891911
Linksys e3000 (old as fuck) and netgear ac 1600 (not old as fuck)
Both do it almost exactly the same timeframe. It's a full reset, have to set web password and everything
>>
>>51891688
>>51891709
>>51891753
If that woman there doesn't look like a skinny small woman to you, you must be a real beta twig with a girly body. I barely even notice any muscles so she's just a skinny, fit woman. I find her hot and I'm not OP.
>>
>>51891947
I think you're secretly gay and trying to overcompensate
>>
>>51891928
strange but your /g/ tier, you should file a bug report for the developers

>>51891898
ive been tempted to give openwrt a go on my e2500 (but primary router is running so well on ddwrt i dont wanna touch it)

but is there any real benefit to it? Configuring without a gui just seems like a pain in the ass and LuCi *appears* to be less intuitive and feature rich than dd-wrt, plus as i understand it the openwrt package manager is on dd-wrt too
>>
>>51891974
I posted this in the ddwrt forums like a week ago with 0 replies so far. Gay. But yeah I'll do a bug report sometime. Quite annoying having your network password cleared randomly throughout the week but at least I have literally 3 neighbors and they all have Wi-Fi so they don't steel mine.
>>
>>51891632
DD-WRT is fine until ipv4 support is dropped. It has basically no support anymore for most routers and it shows. Even the mega builds only really have an option to turn ipv6 on or off, you can't even configure your ipv6 dns servers or anything. After that, we will be in dark days and will either have to deal with stock firmware or put pfsense or some shit on a toaster.
>>
>>51892034
Plenty of routers...
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/12-10-2015-r28493/

What is this V3 you guys are talking about though, mine says V24 on the top right corner.
>>
>>51891915
Hello weaboo tripchanu faggotsu ~~~
>>
>>51892001
my e2500 was always pretty flakey with newer builds, might be worth flashing to the build recommended in the wiki for the router
>>
>>51892169
hi bb
>>
>Tfw your memelink router model has a weird as fuck bug reported for years where it randomly drops wifi connections regularly with DD-WRT and no devs or anyone else has found a working fix and just abandoned the issue all together

P-plz i just want to use dd-wrt
>>
>>51891632
I would let her smack the living jesus out of me :3
>>
>>51892308
gay
>>
>>51892135
>/betas/
>ctrl+f
>no netgear-wndr3700v3

Try again
>>
>>51892214
Its your calling!

It could be the case thats its a driver issue, you might find it gets fixed upstream and future updates with later kernels that fix it without dev attention. Else get a reported working router :)
>>
>>51892383
>wndr3700v3
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3700
you're a qt x
>>
Why are you guys so obsessed with DD-WRT, the router firmware equivalent of McDonald's?

You run OpenWrt if you want performance, features and good CLI support
You run Tomato if you want a pretty webui that "jest werks"
You run DD-WRT if you want a piece of duct taped shit that barely works

I mean even DD-WRT's webui is shit compared to LuCI so what's the point?
>>
>>51892383
Your router is supported by OpenWrt so no need to flash that garbage
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr3700
>>
>>51892386
>>
>>51891947
This you discusting skinny dick sucking traps you live in here.
>>
>>51892407
dd-wrt is the ubuntu of router distros
openwrt is the equivalent of arch linux

Im interested in trying openwrt but what's better about LuCl exactly?
>>
>>51892567
LuCI is far from as pretty as Tomato, but it's a well-written piece of frontend code that is logically laid out and easily allows you to view and set what options you need. I'd argue it's easier to deal with from a usability perspective than the DD-WRT one was when I tried it, but more importantly all settings you set through LuCI go through the UCI system OpenWrt has implemented for configuration management.

In practice this makes your configs stay nice and clean, and allows you to switch between using webui and CLI as it suits you without any trouble. LuCI is also very extensible, so you can install "apps" that get integrated providing support for managing non-default softwares. As a few examples you can get collectd for system monitoring with graphs, fwknopd for secure port knocking and SQM for setting up based fq_codel packet queue management ("QoS") -- all easily configurable within the UI. Very cool stuff
>>
>>51892777
Thank you for your explanation. sounds nice, for the most part dd-wrt has served me well i find the U.I very easy to navigate but i have found areas where its lacking, for example i want to be able to independently tunnel clients through a VPN, dd-wrt supports OpenVPN but all traffic is routed through it.

My wrt1900ac seems to have a big openwrt following so it might be worth a play
>>
>>51891632
Whichever one that has fq_codel for QoS.
>>
I want to hop to TP-LINK but the D-LINK recovery mode has saved my ass so many times I'm afraid to make the leap.

D-Link recovery mode is godly, just 30/30/30 upload clean .bin and it's unbricked.
>>
>>51892407
DD-WRT is currently the only firmware that works with the custom DDNS on Namecheap, which I can't live without.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.