[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey dudes. I got a phone interview for a new job that I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 29e.jpg (77 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
77 KB, 680x1020
Hey dudes. I got a phone interview for a new job that I'm not qualified for, but I really want it and I'm willing to learn. Does anyone have any advice for good reading on Microsoft Active Directory and networking protocols?

Also any general advice would be great. The phone interview is tomorrow. Thanks.
>>
You're fucked
>>
Please anon, go through the interview and get blacklisted from the industry for wasting interviewer's time.
>>
File: pepe_590930.jpg (17 KB, 320x316) Image search: [Google]
pepe_590930.jpg
17 KB, 320x316
>>51891238
srsly? if the interviewers are halfway decent they'll spot within the first minute you're a waste of time.
>>
You're really fucked.
>>
>>51891276
This happens?
>>
Dude wtf seriously? Yeah you're fucked. No way in hell you're going to learn all of that in a night.
>>
>>51891318
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dreaded-recruiter-blacklist-does-exist-you-karen-huller-cprw
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703389004575033583145567138

Yep.
You're fucked.
>>
Alright so if I just cancel the interview will I still be blacklisted? It's not like I lied on my resume at all, I just sent a Hail Mary out to a job I wanted.
>>
>>51891387
Indiscriminately mailing the same resume to dozens of firms is the quickest way to get blacklisted.
>>
>>51891394
Seriously? I didn't do that, but that seems kind of extreme. I'm just a retard kid, I don't know shit about shit. If anyone still had some reading they could offer me, I'd still appreciate it. It's a field that I'm interested in.
>>
>>51891416
You're applying for a job you know nothing about, you're off to a terrible start.
>>
>getting your job through a recruiter
allready fucked up there
>>
>>51891425
Yeah I know, but I figured that they saw my resume and decided to call me for a reason.
>>
>>51891416
If you're interested in it take a class and learn about what the field is before applying to a job right off the bat.
>>
>>51891447
Yes, because they assumed you have the requisite job skills listed on their posting.
>>
>>51891443
Found the job on Craigslist
>>
>>51891394
Got some facts to back that up?

>1 unread e-mail
>It's a resume
>INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>BLACKLIST UPDATED
>>
>>51891238
>microshit
it's shit
>>
>>51891238

Free videos for microsoft related stuff (just scroll down enough, the webdesign is misleading):
http://www.professormesser.com/microsoft-70-680/free-microsoft-70-680-training/

and network related stuff:
http://www.professormesser.com/network-plus/n10-006/n10-006-course-index/
>>
>>51891416
Dont worry, in worst case scenario if you think you are blacklisted then just change your name and add a middle name or something.

Matthew Computers Nygard

"Computers is my middle name"
>>
>>51892094
blacklisted again
>>
>>51892814
Change your name again

Bill Gates, Linus Thorvalds or get the same name as the CEO.
>>
>>51892065
thanks man
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.