[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/! I'm about to build my first pc! What do I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1446530920989.jpg (64 KB, 600x642) Image search: [Google]
1446530920989.jpg
64 KB, 600x642
Hey /g/! I'm about to build my first pc! What do I need for it to run the newest AAA titles on medium to max settings?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KXFr4D
>>
>>51891072
What games will this run anon? And why Windows 10 instead of let's say 7?
>>
>>51891085
It will run anything. It's a Haswell i5 with a GTX 970.
Why not 10? I've upgraded both of my machines and I like it. You're gonna need it for DX12 and the upgrade won't be free forever.
If you already have a copy of 7/8 or can get a student version for $20, then of course keep it/get it and do the free upgrade yourself. Otherwise. just snag 10.
>>
>>51891135
omg anon i love you rn! So these parts get delivered to my home and i put them together myself? sounds awfully complicated... im new
>>
>>51891149
Plenty of youtube videos on how to put together a PC. Just watch them a few times and you'll get the idea.
Basically the only thing you wouldn't really get from a video is how much damn force you need to put RAM in.
>>
>>51891188
haha ok thank you so much anon!
>>
Wait, hold on, I think I had two things of RAM in that list. Let me fix that.
>>
>>51891221
please do post new link thanks
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PZj7t6

There.
>>
>>51891255
i appreciate this so much
>>
Oh yeah, Microcenter would rape you on shipping for that case, so get it from Amazon or Newegg.
>>
>>51891281
thanks man for real
>>
Did I just witness something nice happen?
>>
>>51891316
i think so. anon just made my Christmas :')
>>
File: 1430884661944.png (126 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1430884661944.png
126 KB, 399x388
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51891072
>>51891255
Swap 970 for a 390, cheaper and a little better, will last longer.
Swap 10 for 8.1/classic shell as 10 has issues with too much shit now regardless of tinfoil hat and offers no gaming benefit currently.
Swap Seagate HDD for anything not Seagate unless no important files are going on it.

Otherwise pretty good.
>>
>>51892873
>le Seagates are bad meme

The previous gen 1.5TB and replacement 3TB were straight-up defective. This has nothing to do with the ST1000DM003. Mine's been seeding 24/7 for 23k hours with no issue, and nobody else has a problem with them, either.
You could tell from the transfer rate graphs in reviews that the newer 2TBs were shaky and the 3TBs couldn't hold a track. The 1TB's are bang-on perfect, though.
>>
>>51891063
I3 417
h97m
8gb 1600mhz ram
500w psu
Spend the rest of the budget on a gpu
>>
>>51893010
Not something I would risk important data on, for all I know its the same factory making the parts. Nor would I recommend having to hunt model numbers to a first time builder.

If I see seagate consistently good again I'll buy from them again. Hell Hitachi used to be bad, but now are pretty damn good. WD use to be king, now they set in the middle with only some series being worth the cost, though they are loud so I don't care for them too much.

Yes plenty of seagate models are likely fine. Even potentially risky ones will probably last a few years if they don't die in the first few months. Just not something I'ld risk work/photos/etc on.
>>
>>51891063
that is a fat cat!
>>
>>51893127
>he thinks that everything but his maymay is immune to failure
>he probably thinks that SSDs can't fail before petabytes of writes
Anything important should be backed up, and your feelings are irrelevant.
>>
>>51891215
>this guy
>>
>>51891072
This is pretty much what I've got planned if I build summertime next year (subject to change over time of course), the main difference being a less ridiculous amount of RAM.
>>
>>51894320
This was the most civil thread I've seen in a while. Maybe I'm just jaded. What is life? What is 4chan?
>>
>>51894470
It was just me and OP, and I had already had that build in pcpartpicker which is why it took me 48 seconds to reply.
Throw it up. Answer a few questions, Done.
>>
>>51893127
I've been away from /g/ for years, if not WD who're the king now?
>>
>>51891063
>paying for windows
literally google daz loader
pirate 7 then go upgrade to 10 if u want
>>
>>51891063
>exclamation points
fag
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.