[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think this is it How did I do boys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: mybuild3.png (83 KB, 1184x655) Image search: [Google]
mybuild3.png
83 KB, 1184x655
I think this is it

How did I do boys?
>>
your build is shit
>>
>>51890692
rude
>>
>>51890680
If you're gonna spend 90$ on a CPU cooler you may as well get a liquid cooler. Every motherboard I've gotten from MSI has come DOA, but I think I'm just an outlier case.
>>
>>51890680
bretty gud build.
However, I would recommend water cooling, because you're buying a brocessor that's meant to be overclocked.

Also, imo, 5930k is a waste of money, get a 5920k instead, or go all the way and get 5960X.

Also, here's something you should consider, the Broadwell-E processors are near release, so I would suggest waiting a little bit before jumping the gun.
>>
>>51890757
Noctua will beat any water cooler even close to that price range
>>
>>51890803
Well it's either downgrade to a 4 core with no hyperthreading, get the 5930k, or spend another $500 on the 5960x

I think I made the right choice
>>
>>51890680
>5930
Unless your doing Sli why?

>90$ air cooler
Get a clc at that point

>MSI
eh

>Corsair Memory
self explanatory

>Zotac
I hope you know what your doing

>HAF X
If your gonna spend that much on a case at least get a tasteful one.
>>
>>51890824
>downgrade to a 4 core with no hyperthreading

what?
>>
>>51890859
>implying I'll never buy another GPU
>implying a $90 clc can outcool a D-15
>implying memory isn't just memory
>implying I don't know what I'm doing
>implying the HAF X isn't the best airflow case under $200
>>
>>51890757
$90 AIOs (and AIOs in general) are shit. Top tier air coolers are a better buy than low tier water coolers. If you're going to recommend watercooling at a close price point recommend the H220/240-x or EKWB's Predator coolers. Not shitty corsair or CM coolers.
>>
>>51890899
>wanting to live next to one big airblower

have fun with that
>>
>>51890841

>>5930
>Unless your doing Sli why?

Can you expand on this?
>>
>>51890906
I will sit here patiently for you to go find a better clc for $90, hell, $120. The D-15 will still be better

>>51890911
>he thinks clc radiator fans aren't louder than the noctua at full load

lel

>>51890859
Oh, yeah I forgot to say that I got the 5930k for $400 at microcenter, there really wasn't any thought of getting the 5920k, so the first downgrade would have been to a 4 core
>>
>>51890941
Did you read my post?
>Top tier air coolers are a better buy than low tier water coolers.
I'm agreeing with you.
>>
>>51890932
40 pci lanes, so you you could 2x16 in the future assuming that matters.
>>
>>51890680
too rich for my blood but looks good. I personally would build 2 machines that are each 75% of that machine for the same total cost.
>>
>>51890959
you don't need 40 lanes for x2, or even x3 which the mobo is built for

You need 8 lanes MAX for SLI
>>
>boys
Sexist
>>
>>51890975
why build 2 when you can build 1 exceptional machine
>>
>>51890987
Thats assuming 3.0 x8 doesn't get saturated next generation.
>>
>>51890680
>X99
>1 GPU
unless you're doing a lot of media encoding or some shit just stick with Z170
>>
>>51890757
>but I think I'm just an outlier case
Out of all the people I know who have ordered MSI boards, I have seen one that wasn't DOA. I just sent an MSI board back because it was dead.
>>
>>51890680
>i7 for no fucking reason
>le meme corsair vengeance ram
>$247 for a mobo
shaking my head to he honest family
>>
>>51891537
>no reason
>what is futureproofing

Actually the corsair was the cheapest DRR4 2400 4x4 kit I could find

Find me a good mobo with USB 3.1, 8 RAM slots, 4 PCIe x16 slots for cheaper
>>
OP, if you care at all about aesthetics you should consider purchasing a AIO water cooler. You can get a good one for a $30 more than the air cooler you've picked. It will make a huge difference in how your build looks, but maybe you don't care.

On another note, people on /g/ don't know or care to give criticism for enthusiast-grade builds. I learned first hand. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/maso/saved/GrCQzy my build. had it for a few months now and it still makes my heart flutter :^)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.