[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For people who upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, what were the deciding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15
File: windows 10.jpg (2 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
windows 10.jpg
2 KB, 300x168
For people who upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, what were the deciding factors, and do you think you made a good or bad choice? Why?
>>
>>51887098
Dont get baited by windows 10. It isnt any faster or better. in most cases there are things that dont work like driver issues etc.
>>
>>51887098
directx 12

thats about it
>>
>>51887098

better ui
my pc shuts down like in 2 seconds even with that fast boot disableed
safer
>>
>>51887170
This is what i suspect. Windows 8 was a disaster. I just fear that 10 is going to catch on (unlike 8) and 7 users will be left behind. Anything specific reasons you can think of for not upgrading?
>>
>>51887170

dont get baited by not getting baited by windows 10
>>
if you have a modicum of patience it won't take long to learn the differences

it works better than 8.1, worth it in my opinion

i don't have autistic preferences, i can adapt to changes

im also not a freetard or an MS telemetry conspiracist
>>
>>51887098
Well, the Start menu is back, though I wished Microsoft just gave us a damn option to turn on Metro menu and what not....
>>
>>51887098
I just wish the fucking pop up would go away, will it ever?
>>
UI
>>
>>51887191
What's the benefit of better ui?
>>
>>51887223
8.1 wasn't too bad. 8 was atrocious though. 3 of my computers are on 10 now and I quite like it. Going to upgrade my main to it over the holidays I think.
>>
>>51887098
I'm not telling you to install gentoo, but it would be an improvement
>>
>>51887247
There was an option in the technical preview for 10.
>>
Windows 7 took a long time to boot up, I'm pretty content with W10's boot up speed. The UI is cleaner but I find it more difficult to navigate than 7. I absolutely hate that W10 forces you into updates, best you can do is delay them by a few days.

But mainly Directx 12, I wanted my video games to run faster as well. Turns out my 970's maxwell architecture doesn't support Async Compute, so that was a second punch in the stomach following the 3.5 fiasco. Then again, that's not Micosoft's fault, just mine for trusting nvidia with my first PC.
>>
>>51887171
what's your GPU?
>>
>>51887241
I'm afraid of being mislead. Why's it worth it to you?
>>
File: Capture.png (281 KB, 1012x779) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
281 KB, 1012x779
>>51887247
its in settings
>>
>>51887264
better ui
>>
>>51887352
gtx 960
>>
>>51887247
There is though, go into start, settings (not control panel) and then personalization and then start
>>
>>51887384
>gtx 960
>directx 12

TOP KEK, enjoy your 15 FPS
>>
>>51887386
>>51887365
>>51887326

:x

Didn't see that. I haven't used Windows 10 a lot after installing. Sorry for shitposting, /g/.
>>
>>51887354

seemed more stable to me, start menu is back, my home environment is mac but I dual boot windows for visual studio stuff for work

it's not a HUGE upgrade. I just always default to upgrading unless there's a significant reason not to
>>
>>51887098
I heard there was a massive bug for Chrome on Windows 10 (purportedly a deliberate move by Microsoft). How has people's Chrome browsing experience been with Windows 10?
>>
>>51887397
>15 fps
[citation needed]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i79ivHeQ8Qk
>>
its an upgrade in le 10 fps XD downgrade in about everything else like the UI

absolute garbage desktop OS when will microshit learn to design
>>
File: 2015-12-15_19-58-36.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-15_19-58-36.png
1 MB, 1366x768
1) Windows 7 looked too old, I was using Windows 8.1 anyways.
2) Windows 8 features that are better than 7: New Task Manager and new File Explorer.
3) I like how it looks, specially how smooth the taskbar colors are among with the titlebars.
4) I am used to update my software.

Remember, open Powershell and type:
Get-AppXPackage | Remove-AppxPackage
to delete all the metro shit.
>>
>>51887170
I upgraded all 4 computers in my house to windows 10 and didn't have a single drive issue.

I'm sorry you're mad you bought hardware from Xypholinkbukake Inc. and they didn't support your win 10 upgrade.
>>
Went straight to it on my build. I think it's pretty good. Haven't had any issues with it. Still keeping Windows 7 on my laptop though.
>>
>>51887440
I've had no problems. What problem are you talking about specifically?
>>
>>51887620
looks like easter egg barf with blinding white file explorer. looks like the start menu is shit too because u replaced it
>>
>>51887223
8 was still better than 7 imo. Just took some time getting used to it. Now with 10, there's no reason to even look at 8
>>
didnt upgrade. ITS FUCKING GARBAGE and provides NOTHING of value other than BLOAT and INCONSISTENT UI
>>
>>51887098
Why not Windows 8? Do you think it's a "goes without saying" type of situation? Cause the pros of Windows 10 does not outweigh the major con: The shitty search function. I want Windows 8 and my perfect search back
>>
>>51887620
i require your wallpaper sir.
also, thanks it looks really good.
>>
File: 1443132440813.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443132440813.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>51887264
>>51887372
>>
>>51887299
Why? What made 8.1 so much better than 8?
>>
File: 1371851368577.jpg (430 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1371851368577.jpg
430 KB, 1800x1200
>>51887758
sure

>>51887691
>looks like the start menu is shit too because u replaced it
The Start Menu is great if you like using Modern Apps. But I rely on Chrome.
>>
>>51887682
64 bit, i believe it has since been patched. Curious as to whether Microsoft would continuously try that, to move their new Edge browser up the ranks a little bit.
>>
>>51887900
>>51887900
>The Start Menu is great if you like using Modern Apps.

i started to use some "Modern Apps" because i wanted to use the notification center (calendar, mail) its been a week, no regrets.
>>
The only reason I would upgrade would be for Cortana. Not that it's terribly useful right now, but I want to use and encourage the development of AI, which I think Microsoft is betting big on. I do have things to hide though, and that is the only thing that is holding me back from upgrading.
>>
>>51888126
Yes, as you see, I disabled the notification center because I don't have any relevant program that uses it.

I recommend you to use Opera or Firefox with the Gnotifier extension so you can have WIndows 10 notifications on your browser.
>>
whats the point of windows 10 besides gaming when linux shits all over it elsewhere?
>>
>>51887384
>>51887352
>>51887171
same reason for me but I'm running a 390x so hopefully I can get decent performance in these new hitman far cry and tom clancy the division all coming in march btw

just got windows 7 sp1 pro for refurb pc so i can still get the free upgrade so I don't have to pay full retail.
>>
>>51887098
>deciding factor

All these niggers on /g/ that say its slow/is botnet/has ads in start/shit.

>Good/bad choice
Good
>why?

Because it's much faster than 7 and looks fucking gorgeous. I have no problems with it tbqh. Although for me windows is still shit with audio and a resource hog compared to linux
>>
lmao @ these ppl in this thread using an OS u have to modify so much to make it usable
>>
>>51888624
Talking about Linux right? I use 10 as a main now but the benefits you get from having Arch especially or mint is that you can program effortlessly, do simple office tasks fast and efficiently in terms of ram and threading.

It's decent for media creation and playback too imo since for me winblows is shit in terms of handling audio.
>>
>>51888524
All you do for the ads is literally right click and unpin them then turn off web content in the start menu.
>>
>>51888686
oh nah im talking about windows 10. the people above disabling shit lmao.. linux would be good if it had games/supported good programs

aint rly a desktop OS
>>
>>51887098
>Windows 7's dated and trite design
>DX12
>Faster system overall, better boot times
>Sleek UI (still not sleek or smooth enough of course)
>Better keyboard controls for users who prefer keyboards to navigate
>OneGet and Powershell v5 OOB
>Optional full-screen start menu

I like Win10 but I think 8.1 would suit be better desu.
>>
>>51888693
I actually never encountered these so called "ads"

>>51888718
>gaymes
>no "good programs"

Likes what? I rather use wine for 80% of win programs than run Windows itself. And by 80% I mean office, coding is better on Linux, using chrome is better on Linux, Linux hurts my proc less and its just so damn flexible.

It's can be more of a desktop OS than windows if you know what you're doing
>>
>>51887264
Minimalism :^]
>>
>>51888872
are you genuinely serious about linux because last time I tried antergos I didn't like it.. and even then i dont think i want to dual boot
>>
>>51888999
>antegrooss
I installed arch from scratch and it was the best Linux distro I used. It was flying and pacman is 10x better than apt shit.

But like I said, for you to have a decent time with Linux you need to know your shit, and for you to know your shit you have to read.

I fortunately, like to read.
>>
windows server 2016 maybe windows 10 fuck no.
>>
File: 1435535830205.gif (2 MB, 359x346) Image search: [Google]
1435535830205.gif
2 MB, 359x346
>>51887098
I don't own a toilet and enjoy defecating in the streets. So it was a natural choice for me to shill Windows 10 on Somalian Pottery Boards. Thanks for the Bing Bucks, Microsoft!
>>
>>51887098
built a new desktop, new hardware, got 10 there. My old computer still works on 7/linux.

A lot of faggots are claiming driver problems bu most are shit made more than 4 years ago. Not a single Windows version on release worked flawlessly with 4 years old hardware. Most of the idiots complaining either are underage and think the only windows in existance is 7 and previously vista or they are just poor fuckers with memory problems.

That being said, if your computer works fine with 7 there's no real actual reason to upgrade. Right now I think it's easier to keep your 7 installation clean of the telemetry updates than turning that shit off in 10.
>>
I upgraded because I wanted to check it out for myself.

If you're not autistic, it's fine.

The interface is really not that different.

Strangely posting from a hackintosh (built it for my parents for Christmas), whose interface is significantly different, and shitty but usable.
>>
File: dx12.png (373 KB, 1275x524) Image search: [Google]
dx12.png
373 KB, 1275x524
>>51887098
>>
UEFI + GPT for SystemD and mobo compatibility. Now we just need EXT support.
>>
Win7 was old and gay. 10 has better cache/pagefile direction, better location controls for directories on other hdd, auto TRIM enabled and ssd recognition, 13gb install size (probably less with the 'apps' that can be uninstalled via 3rd party program), nicer ui, dx12 support, better gpu calls from cpu per core (simultaneous 2/4/8 vs one at a time)

Bad: stock photo application sucks, although it can build you albums without moving content into the same folder(s), afaik can't right click and print/open with/properties/share, etc and ofcourse it doesn't animate gifs still. Auto updates are a pain in the ass if they break anything, but theres an uninstall option and a hide/ignore feature enabled by a .cab file from Microsoft. Having a gtx960/970/980+ or 380/390+ means current driver support and OS focused updates.
>>
Both were just as bad botnets, dx12,
>>
>>51891613
10 is shit i'll stick to 8.1 you faggot
>>
>>51891721
Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.
>>
>>51887098
looked cool, stayed for the different papes on both monitors, left because it wasn't randomized.

Oh also It crashed and wouldn't even boot into safe mode was stuck on this trouble shooting auto repair tool screen. Was fun to navigate the menus but it did fuck all. Tested my hardware, no problems there.

reverted to win7
>>
I am tempted mostly by the virtual desktops.
I really liked them back when I was still using ganuh/loonix.
I know there are 3rd party programs for doing this in 7 but I can already feel all the problems arising from it before even installing it since they are probably some dirty hacks involved to make this work.
>>
Took only 30 minutes and I was curious
Didint encounter any problems, but even better boot time over Win7
So I stayed

Also I like the style
>>
To guys who actually upgraded:
What method did you use?
Upgrade "in place"?
Upgrade "in place" then using the reset function in 10?
Upgrade by doing a complete clean install from usb/dvd?
>>
>>51887098
It was new. I regretted it.
>>
>>51891835
First in place, then after 2 weeks when I got my SSD a fresh install
>>
>>51888999
if you are testing out linux, then why on earth do you choose antegros where you have to do all the choices yourself instead of a distro where you have a example of a working enviroment?
People like you who try out arch and such when beginning instead of a finished distro are stupid in the head. Thankfully it usually filter you guys out so you can go back to your iphone or windows.
>>
>>51891835
Clean install.

I was switching over from BIOS MBR to UEFI GPT so I had to wipe my entire drive.
>>
>>51887098
Windows 10 is shit and all reviews are paid

I can't believe this fucking shit I'm seeing right now. Stellar reviews all over the place for something that is LITERALLY, and by that I mean LITERALLY, LITERALLY the same shit as 8.1 except with a shitty meme start menu, different but still shitty phone tier unusable meme apps, and shitty meme assistant Cortana that mines your useless normie data. Oh, and a fucking ripoff of Expose from 5 year's ago Mac OS but with worse animations.

That wouldn't be all that bad but it is missing many features from Windows 8, most important one being COLORFUL TITLE BARS. Now everything is so white it will burn your retinas off, this is fucking ridiculous, you could always change that color in Vista, 7 and 8 but now you can't anymore because fuck you. You can't even change icon spacing for the desktop or pin shit to the left side of the start menu, if you disable recent apps it just shows empty space... WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU NEED THAT WHEN YOU CAN PIN TILES TO THE RIGHT HOLY SHIT EVERYONE IS GOING TO PIN HIS FAVOURITE APPS THERE GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I'M SO FUCKING TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW. And finally it's still full of fucking duplicated apps/programs like the new shitty settings, inconsistent icons, rough animations, shit's that early as fuck (Edge, are you kidding me with this shit? Literally IE but slightly faster in some shill benchmark and MS Paint built in because that's what everyone wants right? Being able to scribble shit on web pages, what's the fucking point?).

TL;DR I am surrounded by shills how do I stop this?

By the way I'm seriously considering switching to Linux or Mac, this shit is the last straw I'm so fucking done with this shit tier pleb os.
>>
>>51892382
I don't understand the titlebar change either. The reviews are made by shills, there are actually a lot of benefits to windows 10 but you never see online shit talking about it.

I just don't understand what the fuck they did to the UI. Metro is bullshit, the new flat grey monochromatic trash is horrid, you can't turn off the border around windows and enabling titlebar colours actually enables a shitload of other colours too, like the start menu. Why do I have to choose between either start menu, taskbar, and misc shit looking horrid, but SOME apps having a titlebar, or nothing? Why not a checkbox for each?
>>
So I haven't been paying attention to the windows thing for a while, but:
Is there a crack for W10 yet? Do pirated versions work, or do the forces updates fuck everything over?
>>
>>51891613
>better cache/pagefile direction,
irrelevant if you have more than 1gb of ram
>better location controls for directories on other hdd,
wat
>auto TRIM enabled and ssd recognition,
this has existed since win8
>13gb install size (probably less with the 'apps' that can be uninstalled via 3rd party program),
ew
>nicer ui,
lol, see >>51892382
>dx12 support,
has a single game required this yet?
>better gpu calls from cpu per core (simultaneous 2/4/8 vs one at a time)
benchmarks or fuck off
>>
>>51892382
I never even post anymore, but I just want to say... I fuckin' know and everything is a goddamn pile of shit.

I installed 10 ltsb n whatever, did all the privacy scripts and such, but who the hell knows what's being reverted with each new automatic update? As if Microsoft doesn't lurk those forums to see what people are doing? Please.

I'm going back to a Win 7/Debian dual boot. Life used to make sense.
>>
Main reason: dx12, better design imo, better boot time
I have win 10 pro and I never installed updates since October. The most annoying thing is that the update reminder always focus es itself so I get thrown out of my games, but all in all I'm pretty happy with win10
>>
I upgraded from 7 to 10 on an ancient laptop. Surprisingly unly 4 minor apps required a reinstall. It looks better, seems smoother. The two main drawbacks are: hideous font rendering in Metro apps (but then fuck metro apps) and the cpu freaks the fuck out when i select/move/copy files in the Explorer.
>>
>>51892573
Ditto, using debian as my daily driver and win7 with updates disabled for gaymen only. It's comfy as fuck.
>>
>>51892382
Go for OS X, El Capitan is the most based OS ever, Apple keeps the consistency respects your privacy.
>>
>>51887247
Click the notification center in the bottom right corner, then enable tablet mode. This has the Metro UI.
>>
File: PRISM-dates-began.jpg (214 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
PRISM-dates-began.jpg
214 KB, 700x525
>>51892650
>appul respects your privacy
No it doesn't.
>>
>>51887900

Give me her number. I want to smash.
>>
>>51887098
got sick of w7 and 8

10 had dx12 and future proof
>>
Got a new PC with a 280x and a 2560x1080 monitor

If I buy any sort of hardware is to take advantage of it. DPI scaling is terrible on Windows overall but 7 is more of a dick to work with when it comes to it.

I haven't tried current games on W7 either but I wouldn't imagine it working better.

Privacy is kind of a concern for me though. I have considered only using this system for games only, now that booting into it takes 4 or 5 seconds. But then I realized I need Adobe software too.
>>
>>51887098
It looked sexy. It wasn't worth it.
>>
>>51887098
The only reason is DirectX 12 and nothing uses that so there is no reason.
Windows 10 is still pretty buggy at this point so i wouldn't advise upgrading.
My experience with it so far has been wholy negative: First update corrupted the start menu database with no backups which also made search break. A little time later it broke the wallpaper and one update after that it broke the boot loader after which the SSD Win10 was running on also broke (May have been a coincidance, it was 6 years old.).
After all that shit i switched back to win8.1 and Manjaro dual boot.
>>
I literally upgraded because 10 looks better. I got tired of Windows Aero.
I'm not having any problems at all. I'm no expert, but it seems like a pretty solid OS to me if you don't mind the telemetry stuff.
Apart from the looks it's certainly not worth an update from 7 though.
>>
File: botnet can't be stopped.gif (2 MB, 1718x938) Image search: [Google]
botnet can't be stopped.gif
2 MB, 1718x938
I did it for 4 corner window snapping.

I uninstalled it because it even after all of those /g/ threads; Windows 10 ignores the hosts file when it comes to telemetry and has "accidentally" reset privacy settings with their automatic updates.
>>
>>51887098
I preferred how it looked over 8.1 in general. Plus the new windows snapping/tiling features are cool.

>>51887170
Not had a single driver issue on my laptop.
>>
File: starvingpepe.png (65 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
starvingpepe.png
65 KB, 800x600
>want to order pizza
>worried Microsoft are spying on what pizza I'm ordering
>Starved to death.
>>
Aren't you being spied on anyways if you use an intel processor?
>>
>>51893464
anti theft? old shit
>>
File: 1439888638069.jpg (39 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1439888638069.jpg
39 KB, 360x480
>>51887191
>safer
>>
> want to fap
> afraid of Microsoft finding out what i fap to
> been on forced nofap ever since i upgraded on Windows 10
>>
>upgraded from 7 to 8.0 and all was well
>upgraded to 8.1 automatically and shit hit the fan
>upgraded to 10 because shit was broken anyway; slightly more stable
>still cancer but I only boot into Windows maybe twice a month
>>
>>51893706
I live in a pretty fucked up country where 2D loli is 100.0% legal, but with windows 10 I feel like every single picture that I stumble upon that can be categorized as that could just send me to guantanamo.

It's nuts really. But I refuse to go back to 7 where I will have to stop updates and my hardware just ain't that cool with it.
>>
No particular reason really. I only upgraded because I was interested in it, and I stuck with it because I didn't encounter and problems.
>inb4 botnet is a problem
>>
>>51887098
Wanted to try DX12
The new start menu is basically what I made Classic shell look like.
Since i only use Windows for muh gaymes idc about the spying as long as my steam, origin and gog passwords don't get leaked.
>>
>>51893804
If the russians take over you're fucked
>>
>>51893823
Russians will never take over Russia
>>
>>51893752
>>51893706
i live in the united states and im fappin with no worries, just do it man.

although i did remove all the botnet as much as i could
>>
I used Windows 7 since the beta, my main computer had Windows 7 until Windows 10 TH1 back in July.

During that time I've extensively tested W8/8.1 W10 and liked W10 much better than both 7 and 8/8.1.

Much faster boot/shutdown times, hugely faster deployment/update times, and no driver problems what so ever. I had W10 running on test systems running Atom D270, to ancient systems like the Acer Power F6 which started life with an Celeron 3.33ghz Single core running on the AMD RC415T-AM chipset which had only drivers for 32bit XP.

Windows 10 was able to pick up all x64 drivers for the RC-415T which wasn't even designed to handle x64.

W10 also has the better multimonitor support which I desperately needed without the need to resort to tacky third party addons.

W10 also has better TRIM algorithms, smarter multicore/thread switching, and a much smaller installation footprint, it automatically compresses itself when it detects that it's on a small SSD and I've gotten the footprint down to 8~10GB on the Chuwi VI8.

I don't even game that often but DX12 is a plus.
>>
Question:

Should I install W10 on GPT or just keep it on MBR

Cause right now this shit is too fast already. I use a 120gb SSD.
>>
>>51893917
Do you want super fast boot with UEFI or do you want to just LEGACY BIOS?
>>
getting a legal license
>>
>>51887098
Poor support for my hardware.
Oldest component in my rig is a 290X, and some random harddrives.
>>
I chose to stay with w7 for at least one more year, whether you find it unstable or not is a matter of anecdotal evidence, the objective truth is that this is an unpolished and dare I say unfinished OS.

I'd much rather pirate it in the upcoming years than upgrade now.
>>
>>51893941
I want the possibility in the future to just resize my drive and install linux like I used to.
>>
>>51894046
Poor support? Ain't W10 supposed to be more suitable with newer hardware? 290X ain't precisely old.

I bought a 280X for pretty cheap recently and while I only tested it with W10 it wasn't terrible. Took me a while to figure out how to run FO4 at the most decent settings without going down from 60fps, but I don't think that situation is going to get better on 8.1 or 7.
>>
>speed meme

shorter loading times for more RAM/CPU
>>
File: 2015-12-16 08_49_35-.png (143 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-16 08_49_35-.png
143 KB, 1366x768
>>51894376
stay h8in niggger
>>
>>51894363
As I said, all my hardware is very new, and support for it on Win 7 is bad.
Win 10 supports most of it out of the box, and allows me to use all features.
Rule of thumb is, that if your hardware is older than Win 8, you're better off sticking to Win 7 for better performance/compatibility, unless you want the new features, and if it's newer, Win 10 will run better.

Plus, after doing a clean install, I find it to be snappy, fast, easy to use and cozy. Really, other than the settings app hardly anything has changed.
>>
>>51894440
Sorry, read comprehension.
>>
Windows 7 used to BSOD on my particular setup alot for no reason and other stability and boot issues since upgrading 0 issues.
>>
>>51887098
>It's Windows 7, but fast.
>It's Windows 8, but without the shit UI.
>It's free
>>
>>51887098
Had windows 8 which is shit and botnet
Windows 10 is just botnet so might as well run the lastest and greatest botnet
>>
Could upgrade all my Daz loaded Win 7 installs into legit Win 10 installs
>>
>>51887098
I thought the UI looked stupid in Windows 7. I like it now that I've removed all the metro shit programs.
>>
>>51894543
Thinking of doing this with my new PC
>>
File: Speccy B85.png (17 KB, 524x413) Image search: [Google]
Speccy B85.png
17 KB, 524x413
>>51894583
Just did it on this poor fag build I did for a friend. While Win10 is botnet so is Russian cracks. Least the MS botnet won't steel my credit card
>>
>>51894600
Cool.

I'm wondering if anything would change from trying to do this:

1. Install W7 + Daz loader
2. Upgrade to 10
3. Install clean 10 on GPT instead of MBR

I'm going to do this in particular. I did something similar in my old setup and I would have Windows 10 activated automatically no matter how many times I reinstalled it, so I need to test this shit to see if there aren't any weird shenanigans.
>>
>>51894644
Can confirm it will work fine, remember the activation is tired to the thing you install it to. So the boot disk is the thing that needs to stay consistent
>>
Is it possible to install W10 to different drive than the one containing my W7 installation?
Right now I have W7 on my regular HDD but I've ordered SSD. Is it going to let me clean install on SSD without touching the W7 install?
>>
I currently have a slow internet connection.
how long does it usually take?
>>
>>51894600

I thought Win10 uninstalled Speccy
>>
>>51895526
During an upgrade? Maybe, after an upgrade I do a fresh install from USB to kill any bullshit that may pop up during the file migration. So after a fresh OS install is when I install things like Speccy and Steam
>>
>>51887098
10 Bing points for you, Ganesh!
Keep it up.
>>
This is the first that i have heard of Windows 10 being faster. For me the boot up is a bit slower than on 8.1 but Win10 is the first OS that actually takes time to shut down. The first time i shut my PC down i thought something broke because it took almost a minute to shut down without any updates installing. Every other OS shuts down in seconds.
>>
>>51894518
>It's Windows 7, but slow, buggy, with a bunch of spyware, ads and forced updates.
>>
>>51895526
I never got Speccy uninstalled from my computer despite running it under Win10. I don’t know what those who got this issue did in order to have speccy removed.
>>
>>51887098
Fucking shit. I did it because DX12
>>
I was a diehard Win7 4ever guy but I got tired of MS constantly sneaking in W10 updates so I finally upgraded and its not bad desu senpai.
>>
>>51887191
>better ui
How? It is literally less consistent than before with 7 different context menus and 5 different title bars and whatnot, not to mention the half-implemented control panel, the mixed icon themes, etc

People like you who say w10's UI is better are blind as bats.
>>
Got a virus on my Windows 7 partition so I nuked it and installed 10 just to get familiar with it. I mainly use Linux and OS X though.
>>
>>51892458
>Is there a crack for W10 yet?
yes

>Do pirated versions work
yes

>do the forces updates fuck everything over?
yes
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.