[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smartwatch thread? Need a smartwatch and am unable to decide.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: smartwatch-comparison-2014.jpg (29 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
smartwatch-comparison-2014.jpg
29 KB, 530x298
Smartwatch thread? Need a smartwatch and am unable to decide. Devices I own that can be compatible with the smartwatch are a nexus 9, iphone 6 plus, and a backup galaxy nexus i have in case my iphone dies.
>>
>>51886603
All new Android watches and pebbles will work with your iPhone, with varying degrees of compatibility
>>
>>51886620
Thanks Anon. Any specific models that are the best?
>>
File: IMG_20151128_161145.jpg (98 KB, 746x328) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_161145.jpg
98 KB, 746x328
i like my g watch r a lot. the inky black screen, the outstanding battery life. replaced the default strap with a much better black leather one.
>>
File: lisa.jpg (19 KB, 312x311) Image search: [Google]
lisa.jpg
19 KB, 312x311
>"Need a smartwatch"
>>
File: DSC_0293.jpg (2 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0293.jpg
2 MB, 2160x3840
been using my G1 Moto 360 for a year now. don't have any complaints.

changed out the standard leather band for a metal band from the Pebble Steel.
>only complaint is the glass on the back of the watch (touching the wrist) cracked a little near the joints.

If you want to look up some specs, the Complete Mobile Device Guide has a Smartwatch section.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxMugiNgJ2qtNE9qemp2dk1UNTg
>>
>>51886603
Pebble time steel reporting in

I love mine
The notifications are nice, easily customizable (allow on an app basis, I've only got texts and calls coming through), and one button press dismissed all that are built up

The timeline is nice, I mainly use it to see the temperature and sunset/rise times for the day, but I can really see it being useful if you have events and shit

The latest update brought fitness stuff to the pebble natively, haven't had it long enough to test it, but I run/rise a bit so I'm interested to see how that goes. It can sync with Google fit to add in activities, which then gives you a really handy overview of daily shit

I'm not sure what watchfaces for other watches are like, but there are heaps for the pebble, although a lot are shit, but finding one is always easy, just Google what you need and feed it normally has good suggestions (i needed a dual time zone face, reddits first suggestion was perfect for me, for example), as well as plenty of suggested one's for all purposes (minimal, attractive, abstract, informative, etc.)

Only negatives in can think of are the battery percentage is only increments of 10, so it rounds down (99% Is shown as 90), making it a bit tricky to figure out if you can go another day without charging, but at the same time it's a nice luxury knowing your smart watch can go days without charging. Also the metal band is just a bitch to change the links to make it fit, I still haven't been bothered to do it to mine

Overall great watch, would recommend, get the time steel if you choose pebble, the battery benefit is worth it
>>
>>51886603
Apple Watch reporting in

I don't know much about android wear, but the Apple Watch is great with notifications and fitness. Apps are okay but I hardly ever see me using them very often. It's super convenient to be able to change a song through it and use it as a remote to my phones camera and call someone or reply to a text when I'm driving.

I notice I don't look at my phone as much so I don't get as distracted.

They may have an Apple Watch 2 come out but I don't think it needs all that much new other than downloading faces through the App Store.
>>
I am loving my Pebble Time. Alerts are super quick and useful as is checking weather at a quick glance. Music control and activity tracking are a nice touch as well.

They actually just added their own activity tracking app today as well which I am trying out. It does auto track sleep like Misfit which is nice since I am lazy as fuck with turning tracking on and off.

I could use some more useful functional apps to use on a day to day basis.
>>
>>51886643
I have the first Zenwatch and the Pebble time steel. They both look really good but the Pebble has great battery life. I enjoy the Zenwatch more because it allows me to start messages while the Pebble makes me take out my phone to do that
>>
I've been deciding between the Huawei Black watch and the LG watch R.

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning toward the Huawei watch right now
>>
File: 2015-12-15 12.52.12.png (134 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-15 12.52.12.png
134 KB, 1440x2560
>>51886603
Just picked up a zenwatch 2 a few weeks ago after hearing great things about the battery life, was really sick of having to charge my watch every fucking night.

First impressions were good, 2 days screen always on, 4 days if you put the screen to sleep. However, the more i wear it the more I regret it,
>gesture control has a significant lag for when you just want to flip and see the time.
>the strap is pretty stiff and cardboard-ey,
>battery will randomly just fucking tank for no reason what-so-ever, pic related.
>disconnect from the phone sporadically and require a restart
>pointless button on the side that doesn;t really do anything
>ui is pretty fucking annoying

Welp, at least it was cheap. £125 for the 4" version, still.. that what i sold my G watch R for and I'm kinda regretting it.

Hold me /g/
>>
>>51887351
This makes me really glad to hear. The one I bought for my SO for christmas should be coming in a week. His OG Pebble is finally slowly dying.
>>
File: lisa.gif (240 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
lisa.gif
240 KB, 500x432
>>51886782
>he doesn't have a smartwatch
>>
I own a Pebble, G Watch, Pebble Steel, and Pebble time.

I actually prefer Pebbles to Android Wear ones, and here's why:

These devices solely meant for people who are too fucking lazy to remove their phones from their pockets. The pebble screens might not be great, but I hardly have to look at them. The tactile buttons make it extremely easy to navigate through menus to change music tracks and stuff without having to actually look at the device, and that's a lot harder with a touchscreen. I also only have to charge them like once or twice a week. So if you're gonna get a device for lazy people, get one that you can be truly lazy with.
>>
>>51886603
Anything besides the new motorola smart watch or a apple watch would be a waste of money, that or you're tucking retarded
>>
>>51886603
>Need a smartwatch
No you don't.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.