[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do drugs improve programming? I know you've tried it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
File: 1450206408395.gif (1 MB, 430x342) Image search: [Google]
1450206408395.gif
1 MB, 430x342
Do drugs improve programming?

I know you've tried it.
>>
>>51885153
I don't do drugs, they're for degenerates.
>>
>>51885153
in creativity yes, but you tend to miss or make little dumb errors in the process
>weed
>>
>>51885017
do they even have a color management system in shitdroid yet?
>>
speed just makes me masturbate until i have blue blue balls and listen to music.
>>
Amphetamines will improve pretty much anything you do. Doesn't mean they're necessary.
>>
>>51885153
Programming isn't painting on a canves, your just going to make a lot of stupid mistakes and forget things
>>
>>51885388
>your just going to make a lot of stupid mistakes
>>
>>51885153
Sometimes if I am working on something, get pissed, then get high my perspective feels refreshed like if I took a break.

Though if I get more than slightly stoned it all goes to shit.
>>
>>51885153
Yes caffein has been proven to drastically improve programining capabilities tenfold.
>>
>>51885401
>implying you're mistakes are any better
>>
>>51885388
Usually when I am stoned most of my mistakes are syntactic. It is sometimes easier to juggle a more complicated idea, but if it involves learning something new then you are fucked.
>>
>>51885388

>your just going to make a load of stupid mistakes

top irony
>>
>>51885153

I get stoned a lot. I find programming more enjoyable if I'm blazed, it feels a lot like a puzzle.
>>
>>51885153
Testing
>>
No

They improve nothing you idiot they only make it worse
>>
>>51885517
>alwayssoberfag detected
>>
Obviously op, cocain drastically changed the tech workforce in 80s. Thats when Steve Jobs created the Macintosh.
>>
>>51885153
Weed yes, but don't take shrooms. They'll only fuck up your code. Haven't tried coke, though I heard it helps programmers big time.
>>
>>51885527
Fuck yes im always sober why would i want to be dizzy and out of it all the time?
>>
>>51885153
There is an obscure drug that does significantly improve mental capabilities unfortunately it causes seizures in some people google 4mar
>>
>>51885589
https://youtu.be/ctsGTjXxJOw
>>
>>51885638
That is not how it was when i tried it i got light headed and that was all it was boring
>>
>>51885679
then you "just took a sip of a light beer"

anyways, if you wanna trip goe for shrroms or lsd.
>>
>>51885751
So the proper way to write code is to take drugs where you lose you're sense of reality? Drugs improve nothing and they only make it worse.
>>
>>51885153
sleep tight, hammers
>>
>>51885751
Im not paying ylto ne fucking dizzy and im absolutely not paying to eat cow shit fungus
>>
>>51885796
you implied drugs make everything worse, that's not the case.

in the prgramming way, i'm >>51885275 so, no.
>>
>>51885679
In a way you have to "pop your cherry." When it works, you will know, and its no placebo either. Find some Kush and you will be on another planet, weed tends to be underestimated.
>>
>>51885868
See
>>51885828
And go shove a bong into your ass
>>
>>51885888
u mad bro?
>>
>>51885888
The Reagan administration took quite a toll on this country.
>>
>>51885679
I didn't feel much the first time I smoked. Second time I got fuckin faded nigga.
>>
>>51885898
Drugs are not ny thing and they aid nothing
>>
>>51885911
tell that to every cigarette smoker, alcohol drinker or coffee drinker out there.

these are legal drugs, each with specific purposes be it lessen stress, making a fun evening or a period of sharpened concentration.
>>
>>51885911
Drugs are everyones thing.

You just haven't done enough drugs. Without alcohol civilization would have failed.
>>
I program stoned usually
>>
>>51885973
You know what poes just for this post im going vegetarian just cause i know it will piss you off
>>
>>51885992
guy you responded to here.

I am a vegetarian.
>>
File: x_f54cb04b.jpg (13 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
x_f54cb04b.jpg
13 KB, 480x270
>>51886021
Ninja?
>>
I've found that LSD helped me a lot in terms of thinking outside the box. Wouldn't recommend it while coding though
>>
Coded on weed and booze on separate occasions. Weed fucks me up too much to get anything decent. Alcohol seems to have no effect on my productivity provided I'm not pass-out drunk.
>>
>>51885153
Try Mentats
>>
>>51886035
All of your responses are just random shit.
>>
If your programming something stoned then your probably programming something that's worthless or doing code monkey work.
Actual programming should be like math. And most mathematicians only drink.
>>
>>51886038
try micro dosing
>>
>>51886106
No
>>
>>51886983
found the autist
>>
Weed is bad

Other drugs are fine but not while I'm working

I mostly like to eat snacks while I code
>>
>>51885517
>>51885589
>>51885679
>>51885796
fuck i remember when i was a self-righteous anti-drug fag like you
>>
File: BetterLivingThroughChemicals.jpg (31 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
BetterLivingThroughChemicals.jpg
31 KB, 620x465
It will improve everything OP.
Unless you're some kind of a square.
You're not a square are you?
>>
Programming on 6 hits of acid and 15mg mescaline

I think i broke into the matrix guys, pajeet is here too
>>
I learned C high. I found it more difficult to read through K&R sober, so I just waited a few months because I didn't have a steady pot connection for a while then learned once I had enough bud to get through the book

As for actually programming high, I prefer to get the groundwork laid out high, most errors that do happen are syntax and aren't hard to fix, then when I'm sober I look back through and clean it up
>>
>>51885275
the problem with programmers these days is that they've been thought that being creative is a good thing. Actualy its a shitty thing, no matter how creative you are at finding solutions, most of the time, a better solution already exists and its the one you should find and use.
>>
Yeah I code meth while smoke program
>>
No. And everyone here is a prepubescent basement dwelling bed wetter.

I once smoked some acid laced weed then spent 2 hours or so making a video media player that was very lightweight in C++

I woke up to find I had just made copying text from web pages and pasting it into VB. I also emailed it to my 5th grade teacher telling him that he has to close the door and walk the dinosaur.
>>
>>51892632
>Acid laced weed

Holy shit, I can't tell if you're serious or not
But my sides are leaving all the same
>>
>>51889834
You're still a fag though. and even though you're not anti drug, you still sound pretty self righteous
>>
I've only done weed/beer while programming

micro dosing i've heard is pretty good for programming

i think beer helps. it gets over that 'over thinking shit' paralysis. google balmer curve
>>
The Balmer Curve definitely exists. I wrote a huge portion of a ray tracer the day it was due and when I started to get frustrated and stuck, I started drinking. It took 4 beers but I fucking made it and somehow aced the project.
I don't think I've managed to hit it since though. Usually I don't get drunk enough or miss and overshoot, drastically reducing productivity.

I'd like to try shrooms again and this time try to write something in lisp (maybe some simple programming puzzles or maybe Project Euler if I'm feeling ambitious). I'd take a smaller dose than I tried last time. That time I got lost in a time and ended up stuck in a recursive loop (because it made a ton of sense that our timeline was just an evaluation of a recursive function). I forgot to change anything each recursive call and became obsessed with finding the base case. Eventually I became convinced that the base case was my death.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.