[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/. This is my first time ever visiting this board. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
Hey /g/. This is my first time ever visiting this board.

What's the overall best phone available on the market today? The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ seems to be the most expensive one available. So is it the best?
>>
iPhone 6s t b h
>>
For me it's the Nexus 6P.

Everybody is going to have a different opinion on which is the best though
>>
>>51885085
I'd like to stay away from
iApple. I had an iPhone before. It has some neat futures but overall I didn't like it. Can't say I didn't give it a try. I currently have an LG G2 that has served me well over the years.
>>
File: Jew_Laugh.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
Jew_Laugh.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>51885057
>First time to /g/
Welcome! Read the sticky you colossal faggot.
>Spending more =better
good goyim
/g/sqt/
>>
>>51885134
How does that compare with the Galaxy S6?
>>
>>51885161
>/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
I'm pretty sure this thread applies.
>>
>>51885185
It doesn't lag like crazy and it has a comparable display. Avoid touchshit phones like the plague.
>>
>>51885057
There is no flawless flagship.

Note 5 - if you have money to burn and you don't care if it gets burn in, or if the back glass breaks or if you don't need mSD

S6 - if you have money to burn and you don't care if it gets burn in, or if the back glass breaks or you don't need the battery to last a whole day because you don't go much outside

So basically, the best phones are the Samsung flagships and the iPhone. The rest are either chinkshit or have bigger flaws (weak battery, shit customer service, bloat, etc) or are made of plastic.

As you can see, the 2015 flagships are kinda mediocre, nothing groundbreaking. Hopefully, HTC will get its shit together in 2016 and we might see more competition.
>>
>>51885266
Touchshit? Does the Nexus not have a touch screen?
>>
>>51885057
z3c.
Borderline pure nexus. Top tier camera with sony firmware. 14 hour screen on time. Not too big, not too small. Top tier cpu. Enough ram. Waterproof.
>>
>>51885412
Thank you for the breakdown! Can you tell me what the difference is between the S6 and the Note 5? And what is mSD? I'm not familiar with this stuff.
>>
>>51885057
Fuck off
>>
>>51885423
Samsung puts a specialized skin on top of android called touchwizz. It's hilariously laggy and bloated. It can't keep processes in memory without killing them.
>>
>>51885500
mSD = micro SD card, for extra storage

Which Samsung used to have in older models (Note 4), but eliminated in this year's models.

The Note 5 is a phablet, it has a stylus, great camera, top tier hardware and performance, but has lost a few great features compared to the previous model (IR blaster, removable battery, micro SD card). The Note used to be a phone for power users who could do all sorts of tricks with it. Now it's becoming a more mainstream phone, stripped down of the past power features. It also got a metal-glass enclosure, which makes it look slick, but also very slippery.

The S6 is a very mainstream flagship phone, with top camera, top hardware and performance, I think it's slightly smaller than the Note. It has a similar metal glass enclosure and no removable battery or micro SD card as the Note. The battery is neither great nor bad. Both the Note and the S6 have support for wireless charging.

For in-depth comparisons, just go on phonearena or watch reviews on youtube.
>>
>>51885250
it does just ignore the shitposter
>>
>>51885057
You dont need a "good" phone Just get anything reasonably durable under $120.
>>
>>51885250
>halp guize wat fone to gett!!!
>tech discussion
We have at least TWO FUCKING GENERALS FOR THIS SHIT NOW
WHY ARE THERE STILL SO MANY PHONECANCER THREADS
>>
>>51885620
Oh okay, I think I understand what you're saying. I appreciate your explanation!

>>51885629
Ah I see, cool cool. Sounds like I'd want the S6 over the Note 5. And that's a good idea about the youtube videos. I'll go watch/read some reviews. Thank you for the detailed response! It was very helpful.

I obviously don't know much about phones but I use mine constantly so I'd like to invest in the nicest one possible.
>>
File: AGLQ2Kl.png (478 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
AGLQ2Kl.png
478 KB, 606x606
>>51885158
I love my fucking G2. Flash a CM13 nightly on it and go to fucking town
>>
>>51885690
Well I don't really "need" anything. But I'd like to have a nice phone. The most expensive one I can find is the S6 at $914 but I'd be willing to spend more than that for a better phone if one is available.
>>
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 by Samsung Electronics Ltd, of the Democratic Republic of South Korea
>>
>>51885917
You had no problems flashing mc13?
Fucking boot loop man
>>
>>51885917
Not sure what a CM13 is but yeah I'm really happy with this phone. It's the second droid I've owned and I was pleased with my last one too. Unfortunately this one is damaged so it's time for a replacement.
>>
>>>/g/spa/
>>
>>51885961
CyanogenMod. Basically android with more wellmade opensource apps and mods and free of manufacturers' bloat
>>
File: 1439667058848.png (347 KB, 500x1241) Image search: [Google]
1439667058848.png
347 KB, 500x1241
Nexus 6p, Samsung quality screen without shitty ui
>>
>>51886060
>Samsung quality screen
If only it was the note5 screen.

It's samsung, and it's amoled, but from test results, it isn't the top end samsung panel.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.