[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just finished college and am having a hard time finding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
I've just finished college and am having a hard time finding work so instead of being bored shitless i thought i would apply myself to learn to code in C++ and improve my C.V.

>Any advise on how to best approach this?
>Is there any good free tutorial videos you would recommend or source material?
>Any projects you suggest i attempt in order to build my skills?
>Is C++ an easy first language to get my head around?

Anything else you think i need to know let me have it
>>
>>51883909
Codeacademy
>>
>>51883909
>Is C++ an easy first language to get my head around?
No, learn C
>>
>>51883937
I'm sure people will cry bloody murder, but this actually isn't bad advice.
>>
>>51883930
1. You spelled codecademy wrong.
2. Codecademy has no lessons on C++
>>
>>51883937
My friend did advise me to start with something like Java but i wasnt sure
>>
>>51883955
Idk just >>51883909
Find a pdf of a good instructional book and torrent it
>>
>>51883909
Without a relevant degree there is no point learning C++, the jobs that require you to use C++ are generally for systems engineers and in high performance computing. Learn Java or Python and get good with either mobile or web development.
>>
>>51883930
Codecademy only offers courses on

>HTML & CSS
> Python
> Ruby
>JavaScript
>PHP
>iQuery
>>
>system('PAUSE');
Stop right there, fuckboy. I don't know which tutorial recommended that to you, but my advice would be to not listen to them. That line of code is inefficient, system dependent, and generally replaceable with an empty std::cin, and it gives me a terrible first impression of your tutor.
>>
>>51883909
try learning c++ somewhere and complete the c++ problems at hackerrank
>>
Usually when I want to learn some new language or whatever I'll just search for a book about it on Amazon. Whatever has the most high rankings or is a best seller is usually pretty good. Then I just pirate a PDF of it. You can learn pretty much anything like this, just read the book and do the exercises or come up with your own projects. If something doesn't work, just google the error message.
>>
go to o'reilly website and type c++ in the search box
find the most updated book
then go to kat and download it

whatever you do after that is all up to you
>>
>>51884702

system("pause") should not be replaced with an emoty std::cin, it should be replaced with nothing. Programs should terminate as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1418102628448.jpg (12 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
1418102628448.jpg
12 KB, 261x195
>>51885101
they probably run the compiled .exe directly so the window vanishes in a matter of milliseconds

>mfw this is a real issue that is covered in some books
>windows users
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.