[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop RAM to Desktop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 61VYsgo2J6L._SL1100_.jpg (70 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
61VYsgo2J6L._SL1100_.jpg
70 KB, 1100x1100
Hello /g/ does anybody have experience with using laptop RAM on your desktop?

My old laptop died and he had 8GB which I don't want to throw away. I found on amazon pic related and wanted to ask your opinion on it.

Am I gonna fry my PC with it or is it actually legit to use such adapter?
>>
*Also want to clarify that I don't care if I loose some speed.
>>
Sry for bumping but I have another question and don't wanted to start another thread for that.

There is an Fujitsu Lifebook A544 for 500€ out there. I am a poorfag and look for a laptop for college (programming only), is this a good a deal?

Thanks in advance.
>>
You're not gonna fry anything.
>>
>>>/g/sqt
>>
It's extremely gimmicky. Only boards I was able to get it to work with was some crappy Dell and Foxconn board. The school district donated a bunch of laptops to the computer store I work at and we were gonna repurpose most of the ram and slap it into "gaming rigs" that we sell by using those adapters since no one buys 2nd hand let alone new 10" crappy atom laptops.
>>
>>51883487
I wouldn't buy a new laptop, but rather something off of eBay or something. For programming all you really need is a dual/quad core last gen intel processor with integrated graphics running windows 7 or a Linux distro. You can get them pretty cheap (about $300) with a 500 gig hdd off of amazon.
>>
>>51883406
lmfao at all those squigly lines they had to put in for timing purposes
>>
>>51883679
makes me wonder if the RAM adapter doubles as a radio
>>
>>51883679
I like you, anon
>>
am >>51883679
also worth mentioning is that if you're talking about the one you posted a picture of then thats a really shitty one, you cant just make u turns on a circuit board and expect it to work. that thing will fuck up a lot. if you ever see anything sharper than a 45 degree turn on a board then its either a shitty board, or some simple shit that it doesnt matter, like a radio
>>
>>51883406

>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>>>/g/sqt

Sage
>>
>>51883725
here you go buddy, just click this link and all of your pain will go away >>>/g/
>>
>>51883725
Fuck off edgelord. Either help or jerk to BST and Ricing threads. I rate them A+ though, where the A stands for Autisum.

Thanks for the other people. Yeah I probably gonna drop 40$ bucks on 8GB RAM for my Desktop and call it a day (instead of fiddling with that shit adapter around).

As for the laptop. Will probably go with a used Lenovo then. There are some good deals outh there for around 200€.

Sage.
>inb4 fag for saging own thread.
>>
>>51883823
>40$ for 8GB ram
Holy fuck, that's very cheap, unlike in my country, where the us dollar is overpriced.
>>
>>51883406
You won't fry anything but I don't imagine how it would really help your computer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.