[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the difference between a cheap smartphone memory card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-22-06-41.png (504 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-22-06-41.png
504 KB, 1080x1920
What is the difference between a cheap smartphone memory card and an expensive one with the same amount of storage?
>>
the price tag
>>
It's usually the transfer speeds.
>>
>>51883141
The card's class. The higher the class, the faster the read/write speeds
>>
Mainly the price tag. If you have a professional camera then the more expensive cards make sense because they can write to the card much faster which means you can shoot many pictures right after each other. If you are photo journalist or something and need that continuous photo going when Obama stumbles on a baby someone have left on the red carpet. To get that perfect moment.
>>
>>51883215
Does it make a difference on my phone though?
>>
I/O speed, durability, longevity, etc

Aside from that it's just brands

Name brand will cost more even if it's the same spec
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2015-12-15-16-22-21.png (944 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2015-12-15-16-22-21.png
944 KB, 1440x2392
I went for a decent speed sd card. Though I have my camera set to write to main memory as I sometime record in UHD.

Reliability and speed were my concerns.
>>
>>51883141
Chinese tier - Cheapest, will lose all your data at some point, high chance of doa
Sandisk-tier lowest class - Cheap, may be noticably slow when like browsing through photos or such, reliable
Sandisk-tier middle class - fine for 999.9% of phones
Top class - snakeoil
>>
>>51883440
>ads
ayy
>>
>>51883238
I can not imagine any real use for the extra fast speed on the phone. If you save apps to the SD then maybe it loads a bit faster than otherwise.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.