[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo isn't as funny as you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: Image01_RBG.jpg (249 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Image01_RBG.jpg
249 KB, 2500x1667
Who else fell for the tech startup meme? I did... with Yo of all companies. But is this Silicon Valley meme really that funny?

> be me
> searched for marketing position in SF
> got internship with the Yo app
> created new app
> new app is cool in concept, shit in alpha and beta
> turns out CEO hires no one but interns
> did I mention the internship was unpaid?
> One of my coworkers is raising a kid, getting college degree, AND running away from an abusive husband
> CEO doesn't give a shit; woman's unpaid too
> Later learned he made $8 million before firing all of his interns in his last app
> Later learned he renamed his app so he can steal seed money even though he has more than enough capital to continue to Series B onward
> reluctantly lets me leave for Thanksgiving week
> CEO bitches my work isn't cutting it (for the record I have an MA with distinction in poli-sci and taken courses in marketing)
> Gives me sarcastic reactions to my work despite me working 11-12 hours a day
> app finally works and released... a month after the CEO promised (http://t.flashpolls.com/ios ; drop /ios for proof it's Yo)
> CEO cheap as fuck, not willing to pay the $ required to get app off the ground
> Finally gives me the $ required to get app noticed but it'll be too little too late surely

I'm seriously considering cutting my internship short because the CEO is a faggot and a psychopath. Any tech guys that can pick me up?
>>
I had Yo

Its literally the simplest push service

Wish I could say "what up" "nm" "u"
>>
>>51882362
>AND running away from an abusive husband

lol is that what she told you?
>>
>>51882362
>> CEO doesn't give a shit; woman's unpaid too
Oh, so he's an egalitarian? The horror. It's 2015.
>>
>>51882362
Silicon Valley needs to be razed. Never has there been a more depraved den of delusional degenerates running around thinking they're "disrupting" the world and creating meaningful global change. They're deluded by their privilege and need a harsh dose of reality.
>>
>>51882385
It's fucking true m8. She was in the process of getting that divorce while her friends were providing for her, hence why she worked part of the week in San Jose and part of the week in SF. The fact the CEO didn't compensate her in any way proves he's a sociopath who doesn't care about his employees' well-being.
>>
>>51882414
Maybe she shouldn't take an unpaid internship in one of the most expensive parts of the country if she has so much going on in her life.
>>
>underpaid
>internship
>literally ZERO compensation
>marketing position

Did your parents teach you anything? You're a complete fuckup
>>
>>51882393
CEO doesn't pay anyone but himself. Say what you will about SJW and egalitarianism, but it's fucked up he's not at least giving some sort of compensation to a single mother (muh experience isn't enough when you're raising a kid and getting a degree at the same time).
>>
>>51882439
The CEO has no obligation to pay anyone anything. She doesn't have to work there. She's not entitled to anything.
>>
>>51882437
There are worse positions than marketing and at the time I was desperate because no one was picking me up (political science major, what did you expect?). At the time, Yo's CEO was the only one who took me in so I was first come first served back then. I know much, MUCH better than to take an unpaid internship now and, if nothing else, I can apply my xp into proper businesses or other trades in other towns.
>>
>>51882362
what a huge asshole, why don't you just leave this shithole?
>>
Get a usb drive and fill it with as much files as you can
then sell it
>>
>>51882490
>There are worse positions than marketing

There actually aren't. Marketers are a global cancer and you are subhuman if you think being in the advertisement game is a positive way to spend your life.
>>
>>51882362
>unpaid
Brought it on yourself dumbfuck. Don't take unpaid tech internships.
>>
>>51882499
Right? I've already applied for other companies and fortunately a short-term lease tech firm gave me an offer. I won't be making as much as Bill Gates, but at least I get a proper position, a proper salary, and an opportunity to put this nightmare behind me.
>>
>>51882501
I can get this shit started.

> CEO's name is Or Arbel
> Crunchbase: https://www.crunchbase.com/person/arbel-arbel
> Yo address: 2 Mint Plaza
> https://mobile.twitter.com/orarbel?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
>>
>>51882573
>muh personal army

fuck off faggot, you made another poor life decision in a series of poor life decisions, live with it and move on.
>>
>>51882588
Lol, wut? I ain't the OP anon. I just hate it when I hear guys on /g/ get taken advantage of by faggots who abuse desperate people like the marketingfag for fun. Even if he's a marketing guy, CEO's practically using slavery for his meme apps.
>>
>>51882573
OYYY VEYY
>>
OP, it's pretty obvious you're probably a woman and somebody that regularly finds things "problematic". Would not hire.
>>
>>51882628
>guys on /g/ get taken advantage of by faggots
Faggots on /g/ get "taken advantage of" by people who realize that there are enough useless fucks who are desperate enough for "experience" to take fucking unpaid internships.
>>
>>51882573
>Or Arbel
Literally the most Jewish name ever

You deserved this.
>>
You moron went to work for an Israeli who made his money by getting people to invest in his most utterly retarded app.

Get a normal job.
>>
>>51882362
You studied some useless bullshit and you're whining about having a job?
Did you really expect to get paid shit since you have a few no name marketing courses under your arm? It's obvious he took you in cause anyone who actually studied marketing or BA wouldn't accept not getting paid.
Also is this your first job? Welcome to the real world, no boss gives a fuck about the well being of his employees, get used to it.
If you're not a sociopath you're not gonna get anywhere in the business world much less on the start up bubble.
>>
>>51882362
Yes, you and all the other free labor should quit immediately, preferably simultaneously.

Start your own company with the rest of the ex-interns and don't stop bad mouthing this guy via blogs and social media until he is completely ruined and bankrupt.

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
>>
>>51883251
>implying social media has an actual effect in real life

Back to your tumblr snowflake.
>>
>>51882362
pretty sure you're gonna get fired anon.
>>
>>51883298
It would, in the garbage bubble of Silicon Valley.
>>
Who cares

Did he put a gun to your head??

I would never take an unpaid internship

But then again I'm not a talentless hack
>>
from what you said they have to pay you and don't qualify under government rules for an unpaid internship.
>>
>>51882362
>Who else fell for the tech startup meme?
I seriously hope no one. Everyone who seriously thinks anybody besides the idea guys of a startup will make any serious cash are fucking dumb and have no one to blame but themselves.
>>
The fuck?
You work for free?
Fuck's wrong with you?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.