[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who makes cameras?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1280x960
I'm guessing electric or mechanical engineers?

Where to find people that can make them?
>>
canon, nikon, etc
>>
>>51882454
What if I'm looking for a person to build one for me? I can't go to a company and say that.
>>
>>51882507
canon, nikon, etc
>>
>>51882334
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_engineering
>>
>>51882334
Glorious Japan
>>
>>51882334
chinks
chinks make everything
>>
>>51882334

You just have to poke a hole in a box. It's really simple. If you want to keep the image you may also use film or some kind of sensor.
>>
>>51882507
Why would you want to make a camera from scratch?
>>
>>51882454
This. Also, Sony's alpha series is pretty good.
>>
Go find an SLR and buy it god damn.
>>
>>51883035
I'm looking to build a prototype for my company
>>
>>51886317
This prototype you are looking for wouldn't happen to require the sensor to be sensitive to wavelengths above 700nm but below 1500nm, and have a lens filter that blocks below 700nm would it ? Because there are plenty of sites to just google for modifying existing cameras for that.

If you want the camera to have so dificult to define behaviour your best bet is a RPi2 + PyCam or something. It's good enough in good light.
If you need quality you may want to look into canon as they usually have the most hacked firmwares. Though samsung have a couple of cameras partially opensourced.

If you don't need any such weird behaviour then why would you want your own, built from scratch camera ? Plenty of good ones to choose from.
>>
>>51886628
You seem to know your stuff. It's a new camera being introduced to the market, so making my own would be ideal. Do you know how to make one?
>>
>>51886922
Are you talking about the Fuji X-T1 IR ? Or that medium format monster pentax thing ?
I don't know anything concrete about this stuff except that most sensors on modern cameras are capable of receiving the 700nm-1100nm range of "light" but it's usually blocked with a "hot mirror". You have to remove that hot mirror and replace it with a piece of glass that is the same size(though I'm not certain if it's always necessary). You will also need a filter to block normal light. The wikipedia page has a surprising amount of details on this.
But really just duckduckgo IR modification and you'll find lots of stuff.

I'm not absolutely certain we're talking about the same thing though since you still haven't said what you actually want and I just made an assumption.
>>
>>51887062
Oh ok, fair enough. Thanks though! By the way I was talking about 360 degree cams :)
>>
>>51887163
>360 degree cams
Don't bother, there are plenty of other people having a go at it and if you have to ask /g/ for help you're not going to be able to compete.
>>
>>51887163
Well, uhm for that... you could get two small cams with more than 180 degree FOV, stitch them together, then edit the video yourself... but I think any of these (Theta something) new cams will probably do that much easier and better than you.
>>
>>51882334
I'm a senior designer at Nikon. I'm open to any and all questions you might have.
>>
>>51887216
I will be able to compete with the idea I have :)

>>51887163
Thanks for the input, much appreciated :)
>>
>>51887663
kek
>>
>>51887663
I'm guessing you know engineers that can build cameras?
>>
>>51887681
I go drinking with them at the bar everyday after work. I can give you their email and tell them to expect you.
>>
>>51887717
Can I have your email and we can go from there?
>>
>>51887760
Sure. [email protected]
>>
>>51887814
Lol troll email?
>>
Do you even realize the amount of money and r&d that goes into making cameras? Your dingy little startup wont be able to nake anything worthwhile unless they habe at least a billion $ to blow on r&d. There is a reason why there are no newcomers to the camera market,the upfront costs are very high and there is already a lot of competition.

Last time I heard about a startup making a camera it was the dogshit overpriced lytro cam. Fuck those idiots selling unusable garbage. If you think the thousands of engineers at sony nikon etc... Haven't thought light field cameras you are an idiot. Im sure they prototype many such cameras, but they dont sell them because they would't release a garbage product to the market.
>>
>>51887666
>I will be able to compete with the idea I have :)
Doubtful. There are quite a few method for panoramic photos and videos, and I highly doubt someone that can't even figure out how to make such a camera would have a better idea than the others.
>>
>>51887889
It's real. I'm not going to use my personal or work email on 4chan of all places.
>>
>>51888096
Fair enough, thanks, I'll email you.
>>
>>51888026
Small business are always starting up in all industry. Look at Shark Tank or Dragons Dens. Especially with the idea that I have, I already connections within that industry.

>>51888148
Email sent
>>
>>51888096
Sent
>>
>>51882334
factories in japan
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.