[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Windows 7 still feasible? Has it gotten hacked-together backported
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: windows_7.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
windows_7.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
Is Windows 7 still feasible? Has it gotten hacked-together backported features like what happened with Windows 98 yet? That shit had DirectX 9 and worked with almost all software until just a couple of years ago. For some reason I don't see this happening with 7, but I could be wrong.
>>
>Win7 has 58% of the market share
>that's with every OS combined
> Win7 is 90% market share of Windows based OS
>>
>>51882382
>PLEASE UPDATE!!!!!!!
I'll stick with win7.
>>
>>51881762

Just keep up to date with the security patches and you are good to go with Win 7.
>>
>>51881762

Slightly related; what's the name of that installer that lets you pirate Windows software?
>>
File: 1443862287395.jpg (297 KB, 1589x1191) Image search: [Google]
1443862287395.jpg
297 KB, 1589x1191
>>51881762
>features
There have been zero new features since win7 apart from more botnet.
>>
>>51884311
And DX12 for those MUH GAMES fags
>>
>>51884161
http://0bin.net/paste/8eIx0EPgKLUtdtpJ#RhahYIVWRPd68jwZEKd3dDR+uJ2l9QeTFuwMp-Ra9T5

Do you mean for the OSes or office and such? MS Toolkit maybe? Anyway it's all in the 0bin
>>
>>51881762

Windows 98 ended up getting the shaft thanks to no IRQ steering drivers for PCI and PCI-e.

Seriously, try installing 98 on any motherboard with PCI-E and watch what happens after the first boot. You get stuck in an endless loop where 98 searches for drivers, thinks it found one, and loops indefinitely.

XP was fine for most things till late last year where most games stopped supporting XP. There are XP driver up to the GeForce 680(I thought 7 series had drivers but none show up when I just searched)

If the XP end-of-support timeline is something follow, it means that you'll start loosing hardware driver support (for new hardware) about 3 years before microsoft drops support and game support began to die off shortly after XP support ended. Using this as a guide: Microsoft plans to cut support in 2020 so in 2017 I imagine hardware manufacturers stop making Windows 7 Drivers for new hardware. around 2020 is where I'd imagine software companies start dropping it.

Don't forget the tricky-ness of installing windows 7 nowadays on advanced SSD interfaces like M.2 and U.2 or how the newer motherboards don't have USB 2.0 which makes installing windows from USB or using USB keyboard/mouse during setup more difficult. These problems will keep building up for windows 7 over time.
>>
>>51884161

daz loader?
>>
>>51884311
I'm seriously worried about the string in this set up breaking.
>>
>>51881762
I just got an oem refurb license for win7 pro so I can still get the free upgrade to win10

just gonna bite the bullet and do it for my gaming rig before it gets too late.
>>
>>51884698
Nigger, it's never ever going to be a problem to get a Microsoft OS for free, chill.
>>
>>51881762

Don't you want to give MS your telemetry? It's not like it can ever come back to haunt you that MS will scan your file systems or keep your encryption keys "backed up" on their servers.
>>
>>51884311
>Wall carpet
R U S S I A
U
S
S
I
A
>>
>>51884616
Exactly my thoughts.
>>51884311
OP, I am guessing that by the position of your HDD, you have everything backed up and stuff. If that string ever breaks, that HDD could end up breaking, thus data loss....
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.