[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: young.jpg (72 KB, 393x298) Image search: [Google]
young.jpg
72 KB, 393x298
I've been out of the loop for a while, and I'm looking to get back in.

What's a good mobo+cpu right now? Quality stuff, but not too expensive, so maybe not the absolute latest and craziest shit.
>>
asus maximus viii ranger + i5-6600k
>>
>>51877117
4 core is still the way to go for your cpu?
>>
>>51877185
more cores/threads are better for heavy stuff like video editing, 4 cores are fine for webbrowsing and video games.
>>
>>51877195
k series still worth it if i'm not looking to overclock?
>>
>>51877263
No
>>
>>51877280
Alright. Upgrading from an ancient phenom II as a part of a complete computer overhaul as I finally have more time to mess around with it again, so it looks good to roll with a standard 6600.
>>
>>51877280
Retard. The only drawback from the k series is the lockdown, and even that can be bypasses with a bios update.

I know this is /g/ and all, but stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>all my ram is ddr3

Well shit. Is Corsair still the way to go for ram? Doesn't look like any of the mobos I'm interested in still support ddr3.
>>
File: 1449264952556.jpg (12 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
1449264952556.jpg
12 KB, 480x475
>>51877359
What the fuck are you on about, if he doesn't want to overclock then why does he need a k processor??? It's just extra monies to the Jews for something he won't use.

>inb4 better binned meme
>>
>>51877325
Should be great senpai
>>
Not OP but what is the cheapest laptop/netbook whatever that has the abosolute BEST keyboard.

I won't be doing anything remotely intensive so power isn't an issue but typing these reports with chiclet keys is going to be the death of me.
>>
>>51878929
>A CPU designed to resist overclocking stress won't perform better on stock.
>>
File: build.png (46 KB, 773x376) Image search: [Google]
build.png
46 KB, 773x376
>>51878948
This is what I've more or less settled on.

I looked around for cheaper cpus, but the i5 is on sale right now, so it seems like the best option. I'm not clocking it, so I'm not getting a k. The Ranger seems like a great mobo and I see no reason to get a hero or something like that instead.

Kylpasta = thermal paste.

How is it? The prices are in Swedish. $1 = 8.4 SEK right now.

I'm also ordering it on my company, which cuts all the prices in half, roughly.
>>
Will a 4790k and a 980 ti be good for rendering? I'm wanting to start using Maya for animating. Will this be enough for personal projects?
>>
>>51879028
K is just added value for Intel

>k is a shill
>>
>>51879043
Looks fine to me anon
>>
>>51879347
Do you have anything to back it up other than your say-so? No? Well didn't expect you to anyway.
>>
File: jewtel.jpg (12 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
jewtel.jpg
12 KB, 232x217
>>51879881
Found the Intel shareholder
>>
>>51879099
Do no render with gpu because you will be out of vram. Just invest for good cpu and ram
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.