[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mpd + ncmpcpp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1449264725626.jpg (380 KB, 1181x1748) Image search: [Google]
1449264725626.jpg
380 KB, 1181x1748
well, my mpd + ncmpcpp works well with my music folder stored in my internal ssd, but it doesn't work with my external hdd, the database only loads 600 songs instead of ~4000. How can I fix it ?
>>
Make a symbolic link to your external HDD's music directory in your home music directory.
>>
>>51876079
I have done it but didn't work.
Or maybe do I have to link entirely the HDD and not just the music folder inside of the HDD ?
>>
>>51876602
Make the link to your music folder, clear the Playlist, readd to music directory. But desu family just move all of your music to one location on the external drive. Even without needed to set up the links it's better to Have like items in one place. I hope your room is clean.
>>
>>51875944
Are they all in common, recognizable formats?
>>
Is the drive mounted when the daemon starts?
>>
>>51876765
Yes. /media/user/SAMSUNG/music/artist/album/song, all of them.
FLAC and mp3 files.
>>
>>51876780
I always have to mount this fucking drive manually clicking on it in thunar, I do mpd --kill, mount the HDD and mpd
>>
>>51876792
Does the mpd user have permissions to read the files? maybe add it to your user's group.
>>
>>51876865
I'll try it, I saw last time access denied in the logs, that could be an issue.
>>
>>51875944
mount the drive with sudo mount -o UMASK=000 /dev/sdx /mountpoint
>>
>>51877162
Will it work ? It's not a partition, just an external drive
>>
>>51877244
there is a partition on your external drive, so it's going to be /dev/sdx1 where x is a,b,c,d depending on the number of drives on your PC.

-o UMASK=000 will mount the drive with full read/write/execute permission for any user.
>>
>>51877297
what should the mountpoint be ?
sudo mount -o UMASK=000 /dev/sdb1 /???
>>
I have chmod 777 my hdd but mpd still only load 600 files, when I press f7 it returns me configuration variable mpd_music_dir is not set, but it is in my /.mpd/mpd.conf
>>
And when i'm trying with a link it doesnt work too :
mpd_music_dir = "~/music" in ncmpcpp
music_directory "~music" in mpd.conf

sudo ln -s /media/user/SAMSUNG/music /home/user/music

mpd
u
loads only the songs from the /home/music folder
>>
I don't understand where the fuck is the problem, my disk is mounted, my symbolic link works, I have all rights on my hdd with chmod 777 but it still fucking only loads 600 files
>>
I know 2 things :
nothing's wrong in the mpd.log
mpd uses 100% of my CPU after updating.
>>
>>51879678
>mpd uses 100% of my CPU after updating
It's indexing your music. Just let it go
>>
>>51879808
It stop updating everytime after the same song (i'm checking mpd.log)
>>
>>51879870
Maybe there's something wrong with that song or the song after it
>>
>>51879886
removed the song, removes every files about mpd, recreated database pid state log -> 599 songs
>>
I have purge mpd ncmpcpp then reinstall and reconfig, still loads 599 songs, kek.
>>
Maybe the problem is with ncmpcpp ?
>>
i'm pretty shure if i copypasta my music folder on my laptop ssd it is going to work.
But i dont have enough space, fuck.
>>
I fucking found the problem, it was some corrupted flac files
>>
Stop using two programs to play music.
>>
>>51881901
Are you stupid ? Or don't you just know what is MPD ? MPD don't play music itself.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.