[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the perfect smartphone size and why? For me it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
What is the perfect smartphone size and why?

For me it's 5.7-inches. I like big phones but 6" definitely feels too big.
>>
I like 5.2 inch, its perfect
>>
As long as it is easier to wield than my dick it's fine.
>>
Is this post your dick size thread?
5"
>>
6 top hat centimeters is nice
>>
>>51875142

>6" definitely feels too big

Sweden YES
>>
5" or 5.2". I like smaller phones but not too small.
>>
After 3 years with Nexus 4, I still feel like 4.7" is a little too big. Perfect size for me is probably 4.5" to be quite honest with you family
>>
>>51875142

5.5-5.7"

The size of the phone itself is more important. I could take a 6" screen if the bezels were reduced so as to fit into the footprint of a 5.7" phone.
>>
>>51875368
I'd argue that other physical characteristics are more important
I use an Lgg2 which is very small but not very nice in the hand: rounded shape makes it hard to balance it properly on the palm
Ultra small side bezels make it very easy to accidentally double-touch the screen when stretching the finger
Center of gravity feels off
>>
>>51875142
When I bought the htc m8 (left in pic), it seemed a lot smaller than I thought. I was expecting something closer to a phablet, but it's actually medium-sized, just enough to fit very well in the hand. With a phablet (~6'') you probably get just a bit more screen space in width.
>>
>>51875142
3.5 inches
I don't like big cocks.
>>
Probably about 8", any bigger and it won't slide up as easy
>>
5"
>>
5"

t. someone with a 5.5" phone
>>
File: gary oldman sees your penis.png (789 KB, 380x530) Image search: [Google]
gary oldman sees your penis.png
789 KB, 380x530
>that guy who has a smartphone bigger than his dick
>>
File: IMG_0116.jpg (32 KB, 354x347) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
32 KB, 354x347
>>51877105

>tfw my tablet is smaller than my dick
>>
5.5"
Best screen real estate, doesn't slip out of your hands, can use one handed.
>>
>>51877275
3.5" phones don't count as tablets, fyi
>>
4.5"
>tfw small girly hands
>>
>>51877338
>can use one-handed
having to stretch your thumbs and shuffle around the phone in your hand is not one handed use. even if you're a nigger, holding your palm behind your phone and gripping your phone with your fingers on the other size ESPECIALLY isn't one handed use.

op, the only good size for your hands is when your phone rests on the part where your (whatever the thing that looks like it's your thumbmuscle is called) just started and you support the back with your fingers, all the while being able to reach to where you need to without stretching your thumbs or adjusting your hand. for me this is 4.5" but I have tiny hands, for most it's near 5" and for those with oversized hands it's about 5" 2
>>
File: micropenis.jpg (128 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
micropenis.jpg
128 KB, 660x440
>>51877275
Is this your tab?
>>
>>51877392
this so much, can 5"5 please stop shitting up the market already. the only decent phones that don't (thus) don't run ios are sony phones.

5"5 doesn't even fit in your pocket
>>
4.3" if you plan on only using it one handed.

5.5-5.7" if it has features for easier one handed usage like the Samsung Note line.
>>
4.5" MASTER RACE
>>
>>51877399
what is this qt phone?
>>
The Galaxy S6 has been my favorite in terms of screen size
>>
5.5-6.3 I have big hands
>>
3.5" because that's the size of the first iPhoneâ„¢ and Steve Jobs is always right.
>>
>>51875142
4.7"
I like to use my phone with one hand, and I like to have a phone that fits my pocket
>>
8"

oh, phones, i thought you said Penis
>>
6.44" master race
>>
4.7" to 5". My hands are fucking small and I can't even comfortably use my 4.7" Redmi 2 in one hand.
>>
I've currently got a 5.7" phone, and I can't go much larger without having to use two hands.

I had one of those crazy Xperia Z Ultra things for a while (6.4" screen and sony sized massive bezels) and that was really pushing it for one handed use.

I could go larger in screen size, but I want it to be around about the same physical size. 6" would probably be doable.
>>
>>51877519
haha. I had one of them for a while. fitted fine in my pockets, was *barely* usable with one hand.

my main problem with it was shitty battery/camera.
>>
>>51877458
Looks like the Palm Pre from... 2009
>>
>>51877678
>I've currently got a 5.7" phone
Does it feel big to you now after using it a while? I'm considering getting one but I don't know if I'll be able to get used to the size given my hands are pretty small
>>
>>51875413
I'd have to say that while that ur logic is correct, a lot of other factors come into play. When I was younger I thought flat slate phones were perfect but back then phones had 3,3.5 inch inch screens. Now a days the nexus 6, which is the biggest screen to my knowledge ingeniously has a curved back.

TL;DR
Size and shape matter depending on how big or small.
>>
>>51877727
It feels perfect baby. Don't know how I ever got along without one
>>
File: 1449710215345.jpg (32 KB, 450x373) Image search: [Google]
1449710215345.jpg
32 KB, 450x373
>>51877745
>ur
>>
I think the perfect size is not too big and not too small :)
>>
>>51877392
This.

The biggest for one handed use is around 5", the Nexus 5 was about perfect or maybe even too big.

4.5" to 5" is the perfect phone size.
>>
>>51877727
it feels normal size and the handful of friends who don't have one this big feel like they have tiny phones whenever I look at them
>>
>>51877392
>YOU'RE HOLDING IT WRONG

lol
>>
>>51875413
the rounded shape is something I quite liked when I held a friend's LG G3. Really helps with the one-handed usability (which I guess it needs at 5.5")
>>
>>51878053
Sorry about your small dick
>>
different for every hand

it should be possible for you to reach both sides of the screen with your thumb without compromising a secure, comfortable grip
>>
File: thatsawhatshesaid.jpg (67 KB, 690x519) Image search: [Google]
thatsawhatshesaid.jpg
67 KB, 690x519
>>51875142
>>
>>51878072
probably not, your phone is just too big so you're forced to hold it wrong.
>>
>>51875142
4.8" <= x <= 5.2
Whereas X is my sweet spot.
>>
5" to 5.5"

Which is also my dick size btw
>>
>>51877399
Checked
>>
I am thinking something from the range of <5.5;6> inches...

Used to have 4" and thought it was the ultimate size, then got 5.1" which really opened my eyes and I would like to go bigger.
>>
S6 is the perfect size. They got a lot wrong with that phone but the size is spot on.
>>
All I use my phone for is to call and text. I will rarely check my email or search the internet to find something out. My ideal phone would be a Blackberry if RIM didn't make such shitty software.

In practice I use an iPhone 5s because a family member gave it to me. Anything much larger than that would be cumbersome.
>>
I'm loving the size of my LG V10 desu
>>
>>51879646
ecksdee
here's your (You)
>>
>>51875368
>6" screen on 5,7" phone
Wait, whut?
>>
I think my G3 is the perfect size.
Bigger and I wouldnt be able to use it with one hand and any smaller I'd miss the screen space.
>>
>>51875142
"For me it's 5.7-inches... 6" definitely feels too big."
-OP
>>
5.2" because I'm a manlet.
>>
I have big hands so I like the Nexus 6p.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.