[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should one go about cleaning a dusty computer, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 11093658536_f8f422306c_o.jpg (40 KB, 620x279) Image search: [Google]
11093658536_f8f422306c_o.jpg
40 KB, 620x279
How should one go about cleaning a dusty computer, /g/?
>>
>>51874951
I use a shopvac and blow air into it
>>
>>51874951
wash it with water ans head and soulders then oil it up and wait 5 days
after 5 days you can wash it again and wait 5 days more for free

i mean, use an air blower.
clean your fans with a paintbrush or something
(they must not spin).
>>
>>51874951
Just leave ....
>>
Piss on it to assert dominance
>>
Take it outside and use my MetroVac, I do it monthly.
>>
Paint brush, hair dryer(on cold blow) and vacuum cleaner.

I have used this against recommendation for year and tears without any problems (not saying I won't ever bump into any in the future)
Brush the living shit out of it to loosen up the dust (that strange damp kind of dust doesn't move with compressed air), move it all with a hair dryer in one hand, and have a vacuum as close as you can get it without touching components with the other.

Wash, rinse and repeat if needed.
>>
>>51875892
NOT WATER!!! Water will ruin the electronics! Submerge it in mineral oil, then clean with a soft cloth. Good as new!

>capcha: 640K
>>
>>51876297
Years and years*
>>
I just spray that shit with some can of air every year or so.
>>
>>51876304
that was a fucking joke ffs
>>
File: product_2411_600.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
product_2411_600.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
>>51874951
This is what I picked up to the job it's a little pricey at $6,000 but it's still the perfect solution.
>>
>>51876442
What will you do when that thing gets dusty?
>>
>>51876468

youre fucked
>>
>>51875892
not OP
>they must not spin
But why ?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.